Log In Sign Up

Alex Cullen - 11/08/2007

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2007 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 19th, 2007, 01:26 PM
ducky516's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Michigan
Posts: 18,049
We had to be at the hospital at 8:00am to start induction. My parents actually beat us there, we live 10 minutes away and they live an hour away...anxious grandparents LOL

So I got in, hooked up to an IV and got the pitocin started right away. I was contracting, but not regularly, so they kept coming back in and increasing the pitocin. About 2:00pm'ish a doctor (not mine, the other doctor in the practice I go to) came in and broke my water and put in an internal monitor. She felt that the external monitor wasn't accurately picking up the contractions given how much pitocin I was currently getting. She left and within a couple minutes the nurses came in quickly and started having me roll from side to side, sit up, lay down....then another doctor came running in and put 2 monitors on the baby's head to try and pick up his heartbeat. Then the doctor comes running back in the door, but at that point they had his pulse registering again and things were stabilized. They believe when they broke my water that his weight ended up on his cord causing the drop in heart rate. From then on I had to keep oxygen on and stay in one position, the only time I moved was for the epidural. The epidural only took on my right side, and no matter how much they increased it, I never got any relief on the left. By the time I needed the pain relief, it was completely useless to me and no longer working on the right side either. I continued having contractions about 2 minutes apart, lasting for 60 seconds for hours. Finally once I was dialated to 9, I asked the visitors in my room to go to the waiting room and asked the nurse to get the doctor. I was sure if I could start pushing things would feel better and they did! I pushed for about 40 minutes and little Alex was born. I tore, but have no idea how many stiches were needed...she said there were some areas she wasn't going to stitch because they'd do better on their own. Oh and the "ring of fire", accurate description!! My DH was awesome during the whole thing. Going in we had really planned for him to just be by my head for support, but he was a real trooper and helped hold my legs and coached me thru.

My nurses that day were awesome. The day after that I had a horrible nurse for 12 hours....she came in and announced she was going to take Alex and cup feed him formula to make him pee. I told her I wasn't comfortable with that! We had talked to both my doctor and the pediatrician and neither of them were concerned he hadn't gone pee yet. At one point my room was just packed with hospital employees, 2 nurses, 2 student nurses, a lactation consultant, the birth certificate lady and the baby picture lady. I finally had it and told everyone to get out! The nurse said "why don't you take a shower, you'll feel better" LOL....she was my issue, not a shower. I said how about I eat my breakfast since it's been 30+ hours since I've eaten and it's almost 11:00am!!! Alex was circumsized around 2:30pm and we were discharged around 9:00pm that night. They told us Alex wouldn't need any further tylenol for the circumcision after discharge, but I think that was completely wrong. The poor baby was in soooo much pain for the night and next day.

It was an amazing experience and I am so grateful for my healthy, beautiful baby boy.
Michelle & Mark parents to Alex and Bonus Daughter - Amanda

Thanks Kara for my awesome siggy!
Reply With Quote
November 19th, 2007, 01:55 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Winthrop ,MA
Posts: 2,138
Send a message via Yahoo to carissasart
im glad he's here and you did great! i agree with the ring of fire 110%! congrats momma!

Reply With Quote
November 20th, 2007, 09:23 AM
Posts: n/a
Congratulations!! Sounds like quite the experience!

What a cutie!
Reply With Quote
November 20th, 2007, 07:03 PM
fairy9800's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Jackson, Michigan
Posts: 8,658
Send a message via Yahoo to fairy9800
CONGRATS!!! Thanks for sharing your story, He's adorable!!!
Thank you Mrs. Jantzen for my wonderful siggy!

Reply With Quote
November 23rd, 2007, 04:41 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Illinois
Posts: 6,495
Congrats, Michelle!!!! He's beautiful!
Reply With Quote
November 24th, 2007, 05:54 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Jacksonville, Florida
Posts: 19,240
Send a message via AIM to melkissa2004 Send a message via Yahoo to melkissa2004
congrats michelle!

Reply With Quote
November 24th, 2007, 09:28 PM
Jennijaznraysmom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: May 2007
Location: just past the edge of nowhere....
Posts: 6,377

Thank you Kara!
Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:48 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0