Log In Sign Up

Leah Claire

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2007 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 2nd, 2007, 10:38 PM
Leahs Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Oregon
Posts: 3,499
Send a message via AIM to Leahs Mommy Send a message via Yahoo to Leahs Mommy
So heres Leah's Birth Story..as much as I don't want to re~live any of it ..I will for you gals. I will do my best to not use much typonese..enjoy!

So the hospital calls me on the night of 11/18 and tells me that they will call me in the morning when they have room for me, and I'm thinking great it's not going to happen tomorrow, I knewwwwwww it! So I get my stuff together anyways just in case because I am trying to be positive. I can't sleep almost all night but finally manage sooth myself to sleep.
I wake up bright and early..actually before the sun even comes out..5 am. I pace around, clean up, pretend to be doing something of use. Around 7 am the hospital calls, "can you be here by 8", omggg.."yes". I start freaking out. Amazing how we are so anxious and come time your thinking "hail no". I run outside all giddy and tell Marty that we have to be there by 8 and come in the house sick to my stomach, try and eat something but I'm way to nervous to hold much down. So many emotions.
Around 7:30 I load up my car and head out. Marty stayed home so he could run to the bank and get his crews lined up for work for that day. I get to the hospital and get dressed down, sign all the papers, do some other things. The nurse checks me and tells me my cervix is not so favorable and the my Dr. is in the OR and she's going to call and make sure that it's ok to continue. I'm thinking right then greattttttt it's not happening. My DD Lindsay was there btw.
So Marty comes in and at the same time my nurse comes in and says the Dr. says were going to go ahead. So they put me on the Oxy drip, contractions start within about an hour and they are steady about 5 minutes apart and I'm thinking to myself you have 4 kids this is going to go fast, don't make yourself suffer. So I scream EPIDURAL . I get my epidural and my cathader and everything is going ok. Lindsay, Marty and I start watching movies. About 2 hours pass and the nurse comes in to check me I'm a 1. Been there 4 hours and I'm just barely a 1 and 25 percent. Hmmm ***? She says it takes a while but once I reach a 4 things are going to fly. My dr comes in and breaks my water. So they turn up the oxy, from a 4 to a 6. Contractions are coming pretty good now, about 3 minutes apart, one problem. Every time I have a contraction Leah's hb goes from a 140 to a 30 and below. We do this for about a good 2 hours, (ss girls I have no concept of time in my birth story till about 1 am everything is a blur). The nurse finally comes in and says were going to put a tube inside you and push water back in, they think the cord is around her throat and the water will make it ease up, while their in there the put a monitor on Leah's head. So the water trick works, for a minute , then same ol' story. This is what we do all day long. The nurse keeps coming in checking me and uping the oxy stuff, I remember asking her how high up to you go on this medicine and she says usually only to a 20 thats all it takes. By then the baby is usually ready.
Well finally by like 9 pm I am dialated to a 4...yes 13 hours later and I am only a 4 and 75 percent. Leah's hb is still doing the same thing and I'm laying there wondering why we are still doing this...scared something is going to be seriously wrong with her. My dr. comes in and tells me we are going to wait it out for a little bit longer and see what happens...stuff happens after a 4..mmm hmmm. So I lay there and try to get some sleep but I can't because I'm worried about my baby. Marty and Lindsay are passed out and my friend is there visiting I'm not even paying attention to her, I want my baby. So we do the waiting game again. Finally at around 1 my dr. comes to check me again..4 hours later and guess what??? I am still a 4...haha. She says welll obviously theres something wrong here (no chit), so I'm leaving the choice up to you. We can wait a couple of more hours or we can do an emergency c~section. I opted for the c~section. So they pump me with antibiotics, prep me, give Marty his suit. I kiss Lindsay and they wheel me off.
We get in and it was the scariest thing ever, OR's aren't very warm and welcoming and I didn't like it. They gave me all the good meds and got busy. Marty was watching everything and the Anast. kept telling him if he felt like he was going to pass out to sit in the chair next to him, that scared me to, why would he pass out, I don't want to know ( I still won't let him tell me what they did). I am watching Marty's face the whole time and constantly asking him "do you see her do you see her", finally I look up at him and tears are rolling down his face and he manages to say "she looks just like you", and kisses me and I hear our baby cry. <Huge sigh of relief>. I heard the dr. saying "thats why you wouldn't come out" and they were talking about how she was facing the wrong way and stuck on my pelvic bone. I can't remember the name of it right off hand. Marty walked over with her and showed her to me..I couldn't touch her she had a lump on her head from resting on my pelvic bone and was bruised as well as scratches on her head from the internal monitor but she was healthy. 6 Lbs. 3 Oz. 17 In. Whew. Marty went with Leah to the nursery to get pictures.
Thats when my body starting saying I'm done. My blood pressure went way down and they had to give me medicine to get it up and kept cracking things open and making me sniff them while they finished, had my tubes tied .
By 2:30 A.M. I was back in my room in a lot of pain holding my baby girl. Funny the nurses say, you need to get some rest. They kept telling me that and I kept telling them, I will have plenty of time for that I have been waiting 9 months for this little girl theres no way I'm sleeping tonite!

Anyways I am sure I left a ton out but you got the majority of it.
Thanks so much GymChick and Claire for doing me siggies!
Reply With Quote
December 3rd, 2007, 06:20 AM
fairy9800's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Jackson, Michigan
Posts: 8,658
Send a message via Yahoo to fairy9800
Wow what an experience you had! Thanks for sharing mama and CONGRATS, she's beautiful!!!!
Thank you Mrs. Jantzen for my wonderful siggy!

Reply With Quote
December 3rd, 2007, 07:16 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Jacksonville, Florida
Posts: 19,240
Send a message via AIM to melkissa2004 Send a message via Yahoo to melkissa2004
that's quite a story! congrats momma!

Reply With Quote
December 3rd, 2007, 05:14 PM
CrystalMay's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 20,611
Holy Comoly I am glad everything was great in the end
Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:32 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0