What is your testimony?

Forum: Christian Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Christian Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 9th, 2007, 12:24 AM
Miracle's Avatar ♥ Melissa ♥
Anyone want to share?

September 9th, 2007, 09:56 PM
dinamommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm bumping this to write mine out tomorrow so I won't forget. It's important for us to share how God has worked in our lives.

~Stacey

Baby and little girls' leg warmers: http://www.etsy.com/shop/SassyStitchesStacey

September 10th, 2007, 10:46 AM
~*Dina*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I accepted Jesus Christ into my heart when I was 7 years old. Through out the years, my family went to church off and on and when I was in High School my parents fell out completely. I tried to go back through out the years, I prayed off and on. I went through a lot in my later teen years, marrying too young, a lot of permiscuity (sp?) a drinking problem, divorced and then ended up pregnant and remarried a year and a half later I was only 23 years old. When I had my oldest dd Caitlyn, thats when I decided it was time to make a new start w/God. I re-dedicated my life and got baptized again as well. I started attending my grandmothers church, a church that my family helped build back in the 1930's. I joined in January 1999 and joined the choir too.
I've had my ups and downs through out the years leaving a few times for months at a time. My dh is not a christian, he does not know the Lord and over the years it has been very rough. But one thing I can say, is that my Jesus never lets me down, his hand is always there to pick me up when I fall. He loves me soo much and he'll never let me go. He has helped me get through some of the worst times in my life and I can say w/certainty that I will not leave him again. Over the last year my relationship w/Christ has become so strong and my faith has become so great that I dont want to ever live w/out Christ again. In fact I CAN'T live w/out him.

I and my children pray daily that dh/daddy comes to know God and accepts Christ into his heart. How I long for a spirtual life partner & christian father for my Godly children. I know in Gods timing it WILL happen. I just have to be patient.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

September 11th, 2007, 10:10 AM
Mega Super Mommy
i grew up as a catholic, but was confused about God as a teenager i loved Marilyn Manson and i was pretty much his follower. I became depresed atempted suicide twice. I met my husband he wasn't saved neither he was in a punk crew who loved to fight people at punk shows using knifes. I would go to this shows and drink, smoke, and fight. One day i went to a show and a Christian punk band was playing HEADNOISE i was suprised that they were christian and punk I knew God was calling me. Soon after my husband and i got saved and i thank God for finding us and saving us.
September 11th, 2007, 03:46 PM
dinamommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I love reading these. We sure do serve an awesome God!

Like Dina, I was saved at the age of 7. I grew up in a family that went to church on Sunday mornings and fought like the dickens the rest of the week. I remember going to church with tear stains on my cheeks from crying more often than not because Sunday mornings were nothing but stress. I'm glad it's not like that in our household now. I wouldn't stand for it. Anyways, I obviously didn't know that much at 7, but I knew that I needed Jesus and wanted him to be my savior. I got saved one night in my bed with the help of my mom. I went forward the next Sunday in church and was baptized a few weeks later at a night service. It was very exciting for me. I went to school and told all the kids what had happened to me. I got laughed at. The other kids didn't understand and thought I was weird.

My parents pretty much hated each other and fought every day of our lives. They divorced when I was 14 and we moved to Utah (from Wyoming) so my mom could move us in with her boyfriend. They got married a while later and then divorced when I went to college. When we moved to Utah, I had to pretty much attend church alone if I wanted to go because my mom didn't go. I would drag my little sister along when she would come. Later, after I had gotten engaged to Wes, my pastor's wife said she use to always pray for God to send me a "buddy" to go to church with because she felt bad that I came alone. When I was in college, I attended church occasionally, but wasn't active like I wish I had been now. I was too busy socializing to have much to do with church. It's too bad too because that was a very vibrant and thriving church. I could have gotten so much more out of it if I had committed to being there. After my 2nd year in college, I moved back home and through a weird circumstance, I started dating Wes. He was a Mormon at the time and that caused plenty of heated discussions as we got more serious. We broke up (for maybe a week) and then decided to get back together and see what happened. I had prayed to God and asked Him what I should do about Wes. I got an overwhelming answer from him to just wait and he would work it out. Wes started coming to Sunday School and church with me and looking deeper into Mormonism. One Sunday, he stepped out of the aisle, shocking the heck out of me I might add, and went to ask Jesus into his heart. I can honestly say, that he has been the one to help me get a deeper relationship with Christ. Watching him soak in EVERYTHING he was learning and wanting more more more got me excited too. He was so on fire for the Lord from the very beginning and will share Christ with anyone who is around him without fear. I have learned so much more from him that he has learned from me, I think. I thank God for him every single day.

I really see God calling us to maybe be missionaries or something one day. Wes is so knowledgeable about the Bible and has such a heart to share with others. I will of course follow him wherever God calls him or us.

~Stacey

Baby and little girls' leg warmers: http://www.etsy.com/shop/SassyStitchesStacey

September 11th, 2007, 10:17 PM
Shaustin's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I do enjoy reading these as well!!

I was raised in a Lutheran church. I went to school there also. I was baptized there as a baby, was confirmed as a teenager, and pretty much always believed in God. However, church was so BORING for me growing up. I liked Sunday School okay, and I loved Vacation Bible School in the summers, and I loved going to the Christian school I went to...but church just did nothing for me. When I was finally old enough to drive myself around, my parents quit making me attend church every Sunday (I should say more my mom. My parents divorced when I was 5, and my mom was the regular church attender). Well I quickly fell out of the habit of going to church. I was involved in Young Life in high school, and I met some friends in high school that went to a non-denominational church in town....and I attended church with them every now and then, and also did youth group with them once a week. I can say I never quit believe in God, I just didn't see the point in going to church, I literally got nothing out of it...something was just missing. It was all so repetitive. Well I was sparked by this other church I was going to. I just found a passion for Jesus that I had never felt before, and honestly I couldn't get enough. I really struggled with it though because my mom still wanted me to go to the church I was raised in (she was raised in this church as well). I just kept explaining to my mom, that I was able to worship like I have never worshiped at this other church, and that I just had a passion for knowing Jesus and seeking a personal relationship with him. I was getting so much out of church. She just let me go on my way...and I'm not sure if she noticed something different about me or what, but she slowly started seeking out more as well. She and my step-dad are now members of the non-denominational church I attended back home and is living for Christ like she never has before!! Well, when I met Justin my senior year of high school, he was not a Christian. I was bothered by it somewhat, as was my family, but when I prayed about it, I felt God was just leading me to stay with him. So I did. Justin and I dated for about a year and a half...I kept going to church with out him, and loving him despite our difference of opinion. We then broke up for nearly 2 years. We started dating again after that, and became engaged 10 months later. At this point, Justin still really had no intention of seeking out a relationship with God, he really didn't believe in any of it. Well, I had only been going to this new church for a few years, and my family was still going to my old church, and because it was where I was raised, I felt it was important to get married there. In order for this to happen, Justin had to take classes for 6 weeks or so, to get married there, and he was at a point where he just wanted to make me happy...so he took the classes with the attitude of "I'm not changing my mind, I'm not a Christian, don't plan on being one, I just want to marry Shauna at this church." Well God had other things in mind! Two classes in...Justin knew there was something more to life. He sought out more information from our pastor...and soon asked God into his life and was baptized. It was AWESOME, the most amazing transformation I had seen!! I was so thankful that God answered my prayers. Well, we moved shortly after we were married for my schooling, so we are now attending a non-denominational church where we live and we love it there. My walk with Christ grows more and more every day, I'm learning more and more everyday, and this last year which has been full of heartache for us and drawn me even closer to the Lord. I praise Him for His blessings everyday, and trust He has our best intentions in mind. It has, however, been a much tougher journey (spiritually speaking) for Justin, being such a new believer he struggles daily with why our life has gone the way it has in the last year, but he is turning a corner as we speak---I just pray pray pray, and love love love, and I know God is working in his heart everyday!!

WOW--that was long!

September 15th, 2007, 07:52 AM
~~Katrina~~'s Avatar My other car is a TARDIS
Since I'm new on the CP board, I figured this would be a good way for you to learn a little more about me, so here goes...

I was raised in a Christian home, and grew up in the Lutheran Church. Ever since I can remember, I attended Church and Sunday School every week. I honestly don't remember not knowing about Jesus. I attended a Lutheran school grades 1-7, was baptized and confirmed in the Lutheran Church, and stayed active in the high school youth group through graduation. Through this whole time I always knew about God, but it wasn't until I was 19, that I was forced on my knees before God leaning on him for comfort and direction in life. Thirteen years ago last month, my father died unexpectedly, leaving my mom, younger sister and I behind. I remember every detail of that day/night like it was last week. To make a long story shorter, my mom found my father at my uncles home where he was doing some light carpentry work, and had to tell my sister and I over the phone that our father had passed. He had suffered a massive heart attack and died instantly - he still had a hammer in one hand and a nail in the fingers of another. Both my sister and I had our boyfriends with us at the time of the phone call (both Christian's as well), so they were great comfort in such difficult times. Obviously my boyfriend couldn't say with me that night, so he called my dear friend Melissa to come over to be there for support. She was a newer Christian at the time, and sat there with me praying most of the night. She will always be a very special friend to me after that night. Her newfound love for the Lord was such a blessing which enabled her to comfort me with God's love for me. I have heard others say that they were mad at God for the death of a loved one, but I was never once angry or mad at God for taking my dad away, just very sad knowing how much I was going to miss him. I don't think I've prayed so much in my life as I did that night. I may have been crying, but I was very comforted at the same time. I was upset that I never got the chance to say goodbye one last time, and amazingly, the night before the funeral I had a dream where I got to say goodbye. It was unlike any dream I've ever had before or ever since. In my dream I knew my dad had died, and he came back just to say goodbye to all of us. I woke up the morning of the funeral well rested, refreshed and ready to face the emotions of the day. As the days and weeks passed, I continued to feel God's comfort and love, and watched my relationship with him grow and strengthen. It was such a difficult, painful time in my life, but God used it to pull me closer to him. In the years since then, I met a wonderful Christian man, Eric, whom I married four and a half years ago. He was raised in the Baptist Church, and with our different church backgrounds, we visited several churches after we got married and moved across country. We found our church home after several months of searching, and are now members of the Christian & Missionary Alliance Church.

Thanks Kristy (*Kiliki*) for the awesome siggy!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search