Miley Cyrus update with Vanity fair pics AND "the view" video

Forum: Heated Debates

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Heated Debates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 28th, 2008, 02:58 PM
Gina1978's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I thought you´d all like to see this.All the pictures are there,there is a commented video about them on the view (scroll down) and then if you scroll down some more,you´ll be able to see some of the comments people have made on the subject (some are VERY harsh and hard core..but fun to read lol).

Miley Cyrus is full of crap (Photo evidence included)

Enjoy

ETA more:

Miley Cyrus apologizes for topless Vanity Fair photo

Thank you SO much for my new siggy Julia (Julka)!

April 28th, 2008, 03:47 PM
crunchymama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How do those pictures make her full of crap? She never denied taking them just said she didn't think they would be portrayed the way they were.

I still just don't understand why anyone would put a 15 year old on the cover of a mag topless or why any parent would be ok with that.
April 28th, 2008, 03:51 PM
irishxrose
Oh. my. god. I'm dying from laughter over some of those comments!!!
April 28th, 2008, 04:01 PM
Quote:
Oh. my. god. I'm dying from laughter over some of those comments!!! [/b]
You have got to lve "thesuperficial" for its comments!! lol.I sometimes sit here in fits!

April 28th, 2008, 04:23 PM
mommyKathyX3
Still not seeing the big deal. . . . . .
April 28th, 2008, 05:20 PM
SugarNSpice's Avatar VBAC Mommy!!!
the pics aren't that bad...but still, she's FIF-freekin-TEEN!!! She has no business doing anything that can be considered sexual at that age. She's a KID! Shame on Vanity Fair for allowing her to do that. It's not her fault, she's just a kid...she can't be expected to make all the right decisions all the time...she's a kid, she needs people to help her make those decisions and guide her. Shame on the mag, shame on her parents.
I still like Miley Cyrus, I just hope the backlash from this shoot teaches her a lesson.

April 28th, 2008, 05:51 PM
Lash's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So then she intentionally WANTED people to think she was topless and with a blanket around her.

April 28th, 2008, 07:27 PM
eash's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Eh, she will be pregnant and married to someone like K-Fed in a matter of years. There is no way that you can claim that the girl is living a "normal" life with all the attention she is getting. The fact that at 15, she didn't know that the pictures would be viewed as sexual is ridiculous. She and her parents allowed her to become an oversexualized underage child - the result of that is Britney or Jamie Lynn.
April 28th, 2008, 07:43 PM
crunchymama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That isn't always true... What about Hillary Duff, Ashley tisdale, Mellisa joan Hart, Amanda Bynes.......
April 28th, 2008, 08:41 PM
Lash's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
And I dont consider any of them oversexualized either

April 29th, 2008, 12:10 AM
MissTorrieIfYou'reNasty's Avatar Co-Host of Heated Debates
Quote:
That isn't always true... What about Hillary Duff, Ashley tisdale, Mellisa joan Hart, Amanda Bynes.......[/b]
They got no where NEAR the attention that Britney Spears got in her heyday. Or now.

There is something about frenetic media attention that makes people insane.

"I love mankind, it's people I can't stand."
April 29th, 2008, 03:33 AM
Brenda04's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Oh. my. god. I'm dying from laughter over some of those comments!!! [/b]

April 29th, 2008, 06:39 AM
rose198172's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Still don't see a big deal... honestly.

April 29th, 2008, 08:27 AM
Tammyjh's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
I still just don't understand why anyone would put a 15 year old on the cover of a mag topless or why any parent would be ok with that.[/b]
I agree. My oldest will be 15 in a few months and I can't imagine taking her somewhere to pose for pics where she appears to be topless. What is the purpose in that?

"...They're supposed to make you miserable! That's why they're family!" ~ Bobby ~ Supernatural
April 29th, 2008, 07:12 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I think those are beautiful pictures expectantly in black and white. She's old enough to decide what type of pictures she wants to do. It's just a back and it's biased on a classical picture but I can't remember the name right now so I can't get the link. Even taken at face value I would love a picture of me looking good just waking up in the morning!

April 30th, 2008, 08:27 AM
Nyzira's Avatar Just call me Bam.
First off... why 3 threads on this? It's all about the same person and the same photo shoot. People scream about over-publicization and yet here are 3 threads on one girl and one photo shoot.

Second. I found nothing amusing about those comments or the articles. All I see is a bunch of people insulting a child.

Third. People forget that photo shoots, mag covers, album covers, music videos, etc. are mostly done by agents and managers. A celebrity's manager or agent will push and do and say anything they can to get their client to do what they want.

From an artistic standpoint, when those photos make it into black and white, they're going to be beautiful.

Also, anyone who's ever picked up a Vanity Fair knows their photos always carry a touch of artistic eroticism. As a photographer, I quite enjoy them.

April 30th, 2008, 08:44 AM
Quote:
First off... why 3 threads on this?[/b]
That would be my fault..sorry about that.If lamamandeux (the host) wants to put them all in the same thread thats fine with me.I posted 2 different threads because the first one was very long and I didnt want the articles to get lost amongst the other posts because I think the comments are priceless
About the comments on that site (www.thesuperficial.com) I think they are HILARIOUS! That site is like that..its superficial.I think its funny to see what people think of certain celebrities and some of the articles are fun t read.

I dont think much of Mileys pics..especially the one where shes laying across her dads lap,that one just looks creepy.I love my dad but you´d never catch me laying on him like that with those looks on our faces..it just didnt look like a father daughter shot kwim?
The ones with the sheet around her werent as bad as I thought they´d be,but being as shes 15,I still dont see why they were done.Yes,shes beautiful,but shes a kid,not a 20 year old sex symbol,so pics like that where she is pulling "f**k me" faces are un-necesary if you ask me.

April 30th, 2008, 10:34 AM
TheOtherMichelle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So, call me crazy, but I wouldn't call the pictures racy, so much as.. I don't know.. she looks so vulnerable, it's like she was just molested. I don't like them, and I'm surprised her parents allowed them.

But the comments are hilarious.

April 30th, 2008, 01:58 PM
short_n_swt's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
the pics aren't that bad...but still, she's FIF-freekin-TEEN!!! She has no business doing anything that can be considered sexual at that age. She's a KID! Shame on Vanity Fair for allowing her to do that. It's not her fault, she's just a kid...she can't be expected to make all the right decisions all the time...she's a kid, she needs people to help her make those decisions and guide her. Shame on the mag, shame on her parents.
I still like Miley Cyrus, I just hope the backlash from this shoot teaches her a lesson.[/b]
She's not a kid anymore. She maybe be a child's (teen) age, but the life that she lives with her tv show, songs, media hype, memorbilia, etc, give her an adult's life. Make-up, hair done, always looking picture perfect because who knows who's snapping a pic of her when she runs to the store...That's not a child anymore. She knows what she did, what kind of picture they were taking of her, and she is 15 and has a voice, if she felt uncomfortable she could have said so. There isn't a doubt in my mind that she wasn't somewhat loving the attention of the pics taken.

Personally I think the pictures are doing exactly what they were taken for, causing talk, chatter and controversy.

April 30th, 2008, 03:11 PM
Nyzira's Avatar Just call me Bam.
I don't see the creepiness that the rest of you are seeing... of course, that could be because I'm not *looking* for it.

If you creepiness there then it's because you choose to. Wonder what Freud would have to say about that...

Edited for sentence structure.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search