Poll: Were YOU breastfed?

Forum: Heated Debates

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

View Poll Results: Were YOU breastfed as a child?
Breastfed and do/will breastfeed 47 34.06%
Breastfed and do/will NOT breastfeed 5 3.62%
Breastfed and have not decided if I will breastfeed 1 0.72%
NOT breastfed and do/will breastfeed 59 42.75%
NOT breastfed and do/will NOT breastfeed 14 10.14%
NOT breastfed and have not decided if I will breastfeed 3 2.17%
Not sure if I was breastfed and do/will breastfeed 3 2.17%
Not sure if I was breastfed and do/will NOT breastfeed 0 0%
Not sure if I was breastfed and have not decided if I will breastfeed 2 1.45%
Other? 4 2.90%
Voters: 138. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Heated Debates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 1st, 2008, 06:19 AM
Veteran
Just thought this might be an interesting poll.
May 1st, 2008, 01:10 PM
Kalia20's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Breastfed and given sugar water inbetween feedings. This was in 1982.

May 1st, 2008, 01:12 PM
Just Nana's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
no and no

May 1st, 2008, 02:31 PM
frgsonmysox's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I was breastfed, but only for about 6 weeks.

I definitely breastfeed.
~Beth~ Wife to my Airman Chris, and mommy to: Anthony Nathaniel (8/31/04), Anastasia Fae (8/01/06), Baby C (lost on 10/12/07), David Cillian (7/31/08), Charles George (4/29/10), and Alan Christopher (2/22/12)

My BLOG - A Day In The Life of a Freg (it's a little bit of everything!)
May 1st, 2008, 02:42 PM
Tammyjh's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I was not breastfed. My mom tells me that back when my older brother and I were born(mid to late 60's), women were highly discouraged from breastfeeding. At least thats how her dr. was. My dad wasn't allowed in the delivery room and she was drugged up both times and doesn't really remember L&D at all. She also said that rooming in wasn't an option.

I have breastfed all my children.

"...They're supposed to make you miserable! That's why they're family!" ~ Bobby ~ Supernatural
May 1st, 2008, 02:45 PM
mommyKathyX3
I was not breastfed. I do breastfeed. My mom only breastfed my brother.
May 1st, 2008, 03:09 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I put other. I wasn't breastfed and I tried with my son but it didn't work out. I do plan to try again with the next child though.

May 1st, 2008, 03:14 PM
~Jess~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
breastfed exclusively for over a year. My mom was also a natural birthing mama! :chher:

I breastfeed. My mom was my biggest cheerleader when everyone else (including dh AND ds's pedi) were telling me to quit. I love my mommy!

May 2nd, 2008, 08:51 AM
Erin&#39;s First's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
no and no
May 2nd, 2008, 05:20 PM
Sweetpea0708's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I was NOT BF (1983), but it was because my mother was smoking...she decided that 9 months smoke free was enough for her...I will be BF...

May 2nd, 2008, 06:13 PM
Super Mommy
I was not BF, and I did not BF my oldest DS, did bf for 6 weeks with my youngest DS, and am currently BF my DD who is 2 and a half months!!
May 2nd, 2008, 10:29 PM
chlodoll
I was only breastfed for a couple of weeks before switching to formula.

I breastfed DS for two years and plan to nurse all future babies.
May 2nd, 2008, 10:55 PM
beck12's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
I was NOT BF (1983), but it was because my mother was smoking...she decided that 9 months smoke free was enough for her...I will be BF...[/b]
I don't know what data was available at that time - and NOT that smoking is a good idea - but current data says it is still better to smoke (under 20 cigarettes a day) and BF than to FF. Just wanted to make sure in case any lurker sees this.

I was not BF & I do BF...to answer the poll.

If a man has been his mother's undisputed darling he retains throughout life the triumphant feeling, the confidence in success, which not seldom brings actual success along with it. ~Sigmund Freud
My mom is a neverending song in my heart of comfort, happiness, and being. I may sometimes forget the words but I always remember the tune. ~Graycie Harmon
Don't wait to make your son a great man - make him a great boy. ~Author Unknown
You don't raise heroes, you raise sons. And if you treat them like sons, they'll turn out to be heroes, even if it's just in your own eyes. ~Walter M. Schirra, Sr.
A man loves his sweetheart the most, his wife the best, but his mother the longest. ~Irish Proverb
Mother's love is peace. It need not be acquired, it need not be deserved. ~Erich Fromm
Children need love, especially when they do not deserve it. - Harold Hulbert
Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children. ~William Makepeace Thackeray
God could not be everywhere, so he created mothers. ~Jewish Proverb
The best conversations with mothers always take place in silence, when only the heart speaks. ~Carrie Latet

May 3rd, 2008, 03:12 AM
acupofjoe's Avatar Proud mama of three!
i was not breastfed but i do breastfeed, my mom was also a stupid 16 year old child when she had me.
May 3rd, 2008, 04:57 AM
It won't let me vote but the answer would be no and no. My mother had trouble trying to nurse my brother so she said she didn't try when my sister and later, when I came along. I thought about nursing my son but decided not to. I had no intention of inducing lactation to nurse my daughter who was 17 months old when we adopted her.

Paula
May 3rd, 2008, 09:40 PM
Sweetpea0708's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
I don't know what data was available at that time - and NOT that smoking is a good idea - but current data says it is still better to smoke (under 20 cigarettes a day) and BF than to FF. Just wanted to make sure in case any lurker sees this.

I was not BF & I do BF...to answer the poll. [/b]

I don't even know where my mom came up with that idea (I should ask), but ultimately I think she thought she was doing something positive for my health. I know she wouldn't have researched it on her own FWIW. I still have minor respiratory problems anyway

May 3rd, 2008, 10:27 PM
plan4fate's Avatar I may bend, but not break
I was not breast fed, but I do want to breast feed.

My mom was 19, didn't want me in the first place, so she didn't breast feed. She did however breastfeed my brothers 7 and 9 years later when they were born.

May 3rd, 2008, 10:36 PM
(.Y.)mom2dd(.Y.)
I was breastfed (1977) and I do breastfeed.
May 9th, 2008, 12:15 PM
swade66's Avatar My friends call me HIRB.
I was breastfed for a short time (1982) and I have been breastfeeding for 10+ months.

Quote:
Quote:
I was NOT BF (1983), but it was because my mother was smoking...she decided that 9 months smoke free was enough for her...I will be BF...[/b]

I was not BF & I do BF...to answer the poll.
[/b]
Very interesting!

***Don't expect me to lie to you just because you won't like the truth.***
May 9th, 2008, 12:24 PM
mommywannabe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was not breastfed...no one in my family breastfed...I think the last person in my entire family that was breastfed was my grandfather when he was born!! HAHA. I DID breastfeed DS for 6 months. I had planned to go for a year but with working 40+ hours a week and having DS in daycare, I just was not able to pump enough to send to daycare and eventually lost my supply. I am hoping to go longer with this baby but I do plan on breastfeeding for at least 6 months also.

Casey

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search