Nick Bollea trial

Forum: Heated Debates

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Heated Debates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 9th, 2008, 11:55 AM
mommywannabe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am watching the trial on TMZ.com
I can't decide how harshly Nick should be punished in this case. Part of me thinks he should get the max sentence...put him in jail, take away his driving privleges forever, ect. ect.
But another part of me does feel bad for him a little because he'll have to carry it with him for the rest of his life what he did to his friend. I think if he would show some EMOTION while in court, that might help a little. I dont know, hearing the victim's family talk was hard. Now Nick's family are speaking, Hulk and Linda have already spoke. Hmmm......what do you guys think?

Casey

May 9th, 2008, 12:01 PM
Tammyjh's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't know anything about this or who he is

"...They're supposed to make you miserable! That's why they're family!" ~ Bobby ~ Supernatural
May 9th, 2008, 12:03 PM
mommywannabe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sorry....Nick "Hogan"....Hulk Hogan's son.

Last year he was involved in a car accident in which he was drinking, driving, and racing...now his passenger and best friend will forever live as a vegtable. Sorry, I guess I assumed everyone had heard of this. LOL.

Casey

May 9th, 2008, 12:09 PM
MissTorrieIfYou'reNasty's Avatar Co-Host of Heated Debates
Fry that kid. These spoiled rich kids never have to work for anything so they have no sense of decency. Just drive your car fast and drink, whatever, and mommy and daddy's money can get them out of anything.

On the other hand, his family participated in and encouraged his ###### fool habit for years. So on one hand it must have been hard for him to know what normal was. It seems no one taught him about the responsibility you take on when you have someone else in your vehicle. So I do feel bad for him. It must have never occured to him until his friend was in the hospital. It's unfortunate that the government has to teach him the lesson Hulk and his mother never bothered to.

"I love mankind, it's people I can't stand."
May 9th, 2008, 01:13 PM
TheOtherMichelle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have no sympathy for those who choose to get into a car and drive like a maniac and put other drivers lives in danger.

May 9th, 2008, 01:48 PM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
I don't think he should be punished any more harshly than anyone else who has committed the same crimes. The fact that his father is famous and he's a "spoiled rich kid" shouldn't have any bearing on the case whatsoever. Plenty of kids from normal working class families commit the same crimes unfortunately. I don't believe in making an example out of someone just because they are famous just like I don't believe they should get away with something because they are a celebrity.

May 9th, 2008, 02:39 PM
Just Nana's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
I don't think he should be punished any more harshly than anyone else who has committed the same crimes. The fact that his father is famous and he's a "spoiled rich kid" shouldn't have any bearing on the case whatsoever. Plenty of kids from normal working class families commit the same crimes unfortunately. I don't believe in making an example out of someone just because they are famous just like I don't believe they should get away with something because they are a celebrity.[/b]

Couldnt agree more Susan

May 12th, 2008, 04:46 PM
Zombiie's Avatar Veteran
Quote:
Fry that kid. These spoiled rich kids never have to work for anything so they have no sense of decency. Just drive your car fast and drink, whatever, and mommy and daddy's money can get them out of anything.

On the other hand, his family participated in and encouraged his ###### fool habit for years. So on one hand it must have been hard for him to know what normal was. It seems no one taught him about the responsibility you take on when you have someone else in your vehicle. So I do feel bad for him. It must have never occured to him until his friend was in the hospital. It's unfortunate that the government has to teach him the lesson Hulk and his mother never bothered to.[/b]
I agree with you 100%. I do not feel bad for him at all. If I did that I know I'd be in jail for a long time..

I think he's still getting a slap on the wrist.

TTC #2 since December 2010 (officially).
March 2012- Femara = BFN
April 2012= HSG
May 2012= 100mg Clomid IUI (no trigger shot)
May 12th, 2008, 05:00 PM
soninole's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It is a huge debate down here. It was all over the radio this morning, people debating on if he got a justified sentence. Well, the jidge just gave him just what John's family ask for. The mom and the girlfriend both asked for a sentance of 6 months to 1 year. The judge only followed the family's wishes.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search