Are these kind of singers hipocryts?

Forum: Heated Debates

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Heated Debates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 4th, 2008, 06:58 AM
Gina1978's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So i read the thread about certain songs that talk about cheating and it got me wondering.

For years now,one of my favorite singers was Alejandro Sanz:

One of his videos

He is a poet..a man who sings about love and what its acapable of making us do,feel etc.His songs used to send shivers down my spine and some even made me cry.One of his songs still makes me cry because its about a man who cheated on his partner,left her for someone new,and now misses her and wants her back..this song was brought out just after DH cheated on me so it hits close to home.Its his one:

La tortura

Anyway,the way he talks about love is amazing! But a while ago,a new side of him was brought to public attention (by him self) and now I think he´s a total hipocryt! (he writes ALL his own songs,they are NOT written for him).
He has never been faithful to anyone,and he managed to get 2 women pregnant at the same time and even live a double life for a while until one of them found out about the other and left him.He has 2 children of the same age with 2 different women,and sat least one more claiming to be his kid too.
Does it only bother me that some singers can sing such beautiful songs about "love" yet they seem to know NOTHING about it in real life because their personal love life is a total mess because they are either uncapable of being faithful or because they are just idiots who dont know how to keep a partner?

This actually does bother me,because on some level,I guess I feel like I am being lied too kwim? Some guy/woman writes a song that can mean SO much to someone else,then you find out that this person is a cheater,wife beater,etc etc

Is it only me who now thinks that most love songs are written and sung by total hipocryts?

Thank you SO much for my new siggy Julia (Julka)!

June 4th, 2008, 08:35 AM
swade66's Avatar My friends call me HIRB.
I don't think they are hipocyts. I think that they are out to make $$ and love songs make him $$.

That said, I do not support his lifestyle.

***Don't expect me to lie to you just because you won't like the truth.***
June 4th, 2008, 08:45 AM
I'd rather be in Forks
When you read a novel, do you expect the author who wrote the book to have experienced everything they're writing about? If that was the case, every single book in the world would be autobiographical. Do you expect an artist to have seen everything they create art about? There's no room for imagination in that kind of world.

No, I don't think he's a hypocrite at all. I think he's writing songs that the world enjoys and is adding beauty to the world - while I don't support his choices to deceive the mother(s) of his children, I don't think that makes him a hypocrite at all.

June 4th, 2008, 09:11 AM
LaLa's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
well, two things come to mind.

first, i dont so much as see it as being hypocritical. I do think their #1 goal is to make $, and they know these songs sell. Why, because everyone can relate to them. Most likely including the singer.

Second thing follows that - just b/c hes cheated, had multiple mistresses, etc - doesnt necessarily mean he doesnt know what love is or that hes a hypocrite. In fact, i'd say I totally get it. This man is probably a pretty passionate man, if he can really verbalize such passionate things so... passionately lol. So its no surprise to me that he has had multiple love affairs (love affair being a relationship, not necessarily an extramarital affair).

I mentioned in the other post - I dont think humans are built to be monogamous. And even if we were... we certainly dont have a limit on the love we possess. I don't necessarily like the though of MY DH doingit - but I do believe its possible to love mroe than one person. And I dont think the love for one person has to detract from the love fora nother person. I dont think we have a jug of it sitting somewhere and it has to be "Split". I think of it like having children. Most people love their children. And when you have your first, it can seem impossible to love another baby as much, wihtout it taking from the first. Our culture/society promotes that mindset. Love is a finite "thign" and we only have so much to give - and if you put all your love in one person, then you dont have enough for another. But as soon as you have a second child you realize - thats not true. You love that second one more than you could imagine. ANd you love the first no less.

I see relationships between adults much the same.

Lala...

My BBT Chart

DEBT PAY DOWN!!!
Baby Step #1 DONE ($1k in ER savings!)

<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/debt/wRzFQue/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">

</a>
June 4th, 2008, 11:41 AM
MissTorrieIfYou'reNasty's Avatar Co-Host of Heated Debates
So, a man makes a video that features Shakira, covered in oil, shaking her booty and popping her breasts into the camera, and you are surprised that this man has a lack of respect for women?
Well, the way I look at it, you can see in the artists art their true colors, if you look at the subtext.

Unless he personally has held up his songs as moral fables to guide others, then no, he's not a hypocrite. Just an artist.

Besides, you are wrong. Those are not the most beautiful love songs. Because this
is the most beautiful love song ever written. And it was written by him.

"I love mankind, it's people I can't stand."
June 4th, 2008, 11:25 PM
Melanie.'s Avatar Totalimmortal
I think that love songs are stupid and cheesey. BUT, if you like them and it's your bag, then great. I don't think he's a hypocrite, I think he's out to make money. Sappy chicks dig it, so they buy it, and he makes money- The end.

You don't have to believe everything you write. A lot of famous children's authors actually hate children, did you know that? I just found that out, actually. Anyway, I believe cheating in any situation is intolerable and completely unforgiveable. That dude is scum.
June 5th, 2008, 12:58 AM
pixie_punk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
So, a man makes a video that features Shakira, covered in oil, shaking her booty and popping her breasts into the camera, and you are surprised that this man has a lack of respect for women?
Well, the way I look at it, you can see in the artists art their true colors, if you look at the subtext.

Unless he personally has held up his songs as moral fables to guide others, then no, he's not a hypocrite. Just an artist.

Besides, you are wrong. Those are not the most beautiful love songs. Because this
is the most beautiful love song ever written. And it was written by him.[/b]
Aww the video won't play for me but I wanna know what song it is... is it Grace? And is it Jeff Buckley's cover? Cuz that's kind of the most beautiful song ever. Leonard Cohen is a brilliant song writer... but I don't like his voice.

Quote:
I think that love songs are stupid and cheesey. BUT, if you like them and it's your bag, then great. I don't think he's a hypocrite, I think he's out to make money. Sappy chicks dig it, so they buy it, and he makes money- The end.

You don't have to believe everything you write. A lot of famous children's authors actually hate children, did you know that? I just found that out, actually. Anyway, I believe cheating in any situation is intolerable and completely unforgiveable. That dude is scum.[/b]
Plus, when sappy chicks dig it, they'll also sleep with him... thus the multiple mistresses/pregnancies.

I think I heard that Dr. Seuss hated kids. And also, that a LOT of his books are like super-political. Yertle the Turtle suddenly seems a lot more sinister when you realize it's about the rise of Hitler...

But, anyway. I agree with most everyone else, I don't think it makes him a hypocrite. He's obviously a gifted writer if he can evoke so much emotion in people, but in the end it's just a skill that he can exploit for money.

There are two girls with whom I've known longer than anyone, and my debt to them is lifetime. The gathering of boys I rely on know exactly who they are and I would build their protection with bloody hands. - 36 Crazyfists
</div>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search