is there a New World Order?

Forum: Heated Debates

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Closed Topic Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Heated Debates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 25th, 2008, 09:56 AM
$pryNinja's Avatar Zef Fre$ Mom
My DF has gotten very involved in this recently and I've read through some of his articles and I can say that it hit a sore spot for me. I mean what if this stuff is true!?? The thing that made me post about it today (don't laugh) was that I saw Sylvia Brown on tv and her new book is all about this, its called Secret Societies. DF was saying that the more people know about this stuff the more of a possibility that they can be thwarted. I know it sounds silly but I have always believed in signs and that things happen for a reason and I felt compelled to share this with all of you today. I'm not going to preach about it but please look into it yourself, if you REALLY want to make the world a better place for your children, knowing about this is a MUST... get educated!! We are not as FREE as we like to think.

edited to change Topic Title.

There is no greater power in the universe than the need for
freedom. Against that power, governments and tyrants and armies cannot
stand.

June 25th, 2008, 09:58 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I have no idea can someone explain a little more... because I have "heard" of them but not really sure

Thank you Jacquie for the beautiful siggy!

Getting ready to do what I do!!!! One day at a time! Protecting your freedom!
June 25th, 2008, 10:04 AM
Fluffy Baby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I read Sylvia Brownes Book Secret Socities.

Anyways, I think that there is a secret society we have to worry about, but it isn't one we ever heard of. I doubt the illuminati or freemasons run the world. It would be very hard for them to do it being in the spotlight.

I am a mixture of all that and a bag of chips... IJS

Rest In Peace Jennifer <3

June 25th, 2008, 10:09 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I don't know anything about the Illuminati, but I suggest that you actually read some real research about the freemasons. They are not a bad society. They aren't even a secret society. They are an ancient society with some secrets. I know a lot of people in it. In fact, one of DH's best friends is a freemason. Before you start getting in an uproar, you should really understand the things you are looking into.
DS-Sully(4)
DS-Gus(2)

June 25th, 2008, 10:10 AM
I myself haven't read the book but I'm going to order it. Here is a good link about the Illuminati:

http://www.prolognet.qc.ca/clyde/illumin.htm

I just can't believe no one cares about this stuff or that they dismiss it as crazy talk.

stand.

June 25th, 2008, 10:16 AM
Mega Super Mommy
On the same token, I can't believe some people believe all the crazy talk. People will always make up stories and have conspiracy theories about things they don't know about. It is the desire to always have a reason and someone to place the blame on.
DS-Sully(4)
DS-Gus(2)

June 25th, 2008, 10:16 AM
Quote:
I don't know anything about the Illuminati, but I suggest that you actually read some real research about the freemasons. They are not a bad society. They aren't even a secret society. They are an ancient society with some secrets. I know a lot of people in it. In fact, one of DH's best friends is a freemason. Before you start getting in an uproar, you should really understand the things you are looking into.[/b]

sorry I didn't mean to offend you, I'm still learning about this stuff. Educating myself as we speak... that is what I am hoping everyone else does.

stand.

June 25th, 2008, 10:21 AM
Mega Super Mommy
You didn't offend me. It is just I think movies like Tomb Raider and the like give these societies a bad name and people form their opinions and say "Oh they are evil and are trying to take over the world" when it is no such thing. They think that just because they don't air all their laundry in public they are hiding some terrible secrets. Not true. It is tradition and they do try to stick with that.
DS-Sully(4)
DS-Gus(2)

June 25th, 2008, 10:24 AM
irishxrose
Haha funny you brought this up, I was watching Tomb Raider last night and of course the Illuminati were the evil ones trying to take over the world.

Anyway, I don't believe it.
June 25th, 2008, 11:16 AM
I found a better site

http://www.illuminati-news.com/index.htm

stand.

June 25th, 2008, 12:26 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
I mean what if this stuff is true!??[/b]
I'm not going to weigh in on this yet because I haven't done enough research to form an opinion.
However, I would suggest that you do some more research yourself before starting a debate thread.
You didn't even explain what these societies are. I'm not saying that you have to be an authority on every thread you start, but you *general you* should have gathered enough information to have a pretty good knowledge on a certain subject before making statements like the one below.

Quote:
If you REALLY want to make the world a better place for your children, knowing about this is a MUST... get educated!! We are not as FREE as we like to think.[/b]

Lisa

June 25th, 2008, 01:07 PM
Quote:
Quote:
I mean what if this stuff is true!??[/b]
I'm not going to weigh in on this yet because I haven't done enough research to form an opinion.
However, I would suggest that you do some more research yourself before starting a debate thread.
You didn't even explain what these societies are. I'm not saying that you have to be an authority on every thread you start, but you *general you* should have gathered enough information to have a pretty good knowledge on a certain subject before making statements like the one below.

Quote:
If you REALLY want to make the world a better place for your children, knowing about this is a MUST... get educated!! We are not as FREE as we like to think.[/b]

Lisa
[/b]

I agree that I don't know too much yet, there is just so much out there on the subject! I'm trying to dig into my library resources to see what comes up. But I always follow my instincts so Ill still maintain that knowledge about this is vital, imo

stand.

June 25th, 2008, 01:15 PM
but maybe its not I debate post, I just wasn't sure what other board to post it on...

stand.

June 25th, 2008, 02:21 PM
frgsonmysox's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm more worried about lobbyists and the such, then secret societies.
~Beth~ Wife to my Airman Chris, and mommy to: Anthony Nathaniel (8/31/04), Anastasia Fae (8/01/06), Baby C (lost on 10/12/07), David Cillian (7/31/08), Charles George (4/29/10), and Alan Christopher (2/22/12)

My BLOG - A Day In The Life of a Freg (it's a little bit of everything!)
June 25th, 2008, 04:34 PM
SweetSimpleThings's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
I don't know anything about the Illuminati, but I suggest that you actually read some real research about the freemasons. They are not a bad society. They aren't even a secret society. They are an ancient society with some secrets. I know a lot of people in it. In fact, one of DH's best friends is a freemason. Before you start getting in an uproar, you should really understand the things you are looking into.[/b]
Ditto. I would wager that 99.9 per cent of Masons (I think I said the exact same thing in the last mason thread ) are kindly old dudes who raise money for hospitals. My dad was a mason, so was my grandfather. People like to gather in groups - they've been doing it since the dawn of time (men in particular!) Is there maybe .01 per cent of masons who also happen to be fairly powerful movers and shakers? I'm sure there are ... but again, for hte most part, masons are NOT something to be worried about.

Quote:
I myself haven't read the book but I'm going to order it. Here is a good link about the Illuminati:

http://www.prolognet.qc.ca/clyde/illumin.htm

I just can't believe no one cares about this stuff or that they dismiss it as crazy talk.[/b]
Please please keep in mind that anyone, anywhere, can post anything on the internet and make it look and sound like there is research and evidence and everything else out there to back it up. Most people dismiss this as crazy talk because it mostly IS crazy talk (in my opinion.)

Conspiracies only hold up under the assumption that everyone involved is keeping a huge secret. Human beings like to gossip and share secrets, to feel that they are in "the know" ... do you really think it is genuinely possible that secret societies have been operating for hundreds of years but no one ever reveals anything about it? I think if I was inducted into the Illumnati, I'd have a very hard time not telling my best friend about it ... and my mom... etc. That's a basic human trait. The problem with most conspiracy theories is that it's very unconvincing to me to believe that hundreds of people must be in on it (ie. the illuminati, or Area 51, or alien cover-ups, etc.) and no one EVER lay in bed and told their wife a big secret, and then she told her best friend, and so on??

Quote:
I'm more worried about lobbyists and the such, then secret societies.[/b]

Yes!! If you want to be afraid of something, be afraid of some of the decisions your government makes right out in the open with very little dissent! Be afraid of the people who get into office because people are too apathetic to vote! Be afraid of the things that corporations are doing to the world and the environment!

I think that books and theories about the Illuminati, and Masons, and other such groups, along with other various modern conspiracy theories rise in popularity during times of stress and war, etc. So right now we have a world full of war, economic instability, food shortages, housing market collapse, environmental problems, etc. ... and human beings, as we are prone to do, want to stick our collective heads in the sand. Thinking that maybe there's these bad horrible groups of people out there intent on controlling our lives is a way of avoiding real issues. Instead of looking at ourselves, we just look at "them".

June 25th, 2008, 06:58 PM
Mud235's Avatar Super Mom Extrodinaire
A lady I use to know said that her family was in the Illuminati. She says that its something that you are born into. She said that they did awful rituals to the kids and she was sexually abused numerous times. She said that she couldn't go to the police or anyone in her town b/c those that could help her, were in the know.

June 25th, 2008, 08:51 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
A lady I use to know said that her family was in the Illuminati. She says that its something that you are born into. She said that they did awful rituals to the kids and she was sexually abused numerous times. She said that she couldn't go to the police or anyone in her town b/c those that could help her, were in the know.[/b]

I'm not saying that isn't true, but if she was in the Illuminati and sworn to secrecy, why did she tell you? Was she a former member? It sorta sounds like conspiracy theory to me - EVERYONE in town was in this society?

Lisa

June 25th, 2008, 08:57 PM
glasscandie's Avatar What I make is what I am
Quote:
Yes!! If you want to be afraid of something, be afraid of some of the decisions your government makes right out in the open with very little dissent! Be afraid of the people who get into office because people are too apathetic to vote! Be afraid of the things that corporations are doing to the world and the environment![/b]
Exactly. Not to be argumentative, but I think we should be more worried about a lack of civic engagement than an overhead of lobbyists. Lobbyists only have the power they do because of lack of civic engagement (CE). Lack of CE = communism, people!
June 25th, 2008, 11:59 PM
greenjeans's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My DH, grand father, father, friends and random relatives are all in the Masonic order. Most of what is said about them is usually just plain false.

I'm more afraid of our government then of some "secret society" that is hundreds of years old and still trying (trying being the operative word) to gain world domination.

June 26th, 2008, 05:28 AM
Quote:
I'm more afraid of our government then of some "secret society" that is hundreds of years old and still trying (trying being the operative word) to gain world domination.[/b]

The government answers to them! Have you heard of the Amero? Its the next step in their New World Order. The Bush family are cronies, no doubt.

stand.

Closed Topic

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search