"pregnant man" has baby

Forum: Heated Debates

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Heated Debates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 23rd, 2008, 09:35 AM
Erin's First's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
WDYT about this whole situation??? They were on Oprah a few months back talking about it.

http://www.people.com/people/article...214360,00.html
July 23rd, 2008, 09:50 AM
Caitlin's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think a sex change is wrong, so needless to say I don't think this is right. I think he seriously SOAKED up the publicity, it makes me sick.
July 23rd, 2008, 10:19 AM
dinamommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't get what all the hoopala is about. "He" is not a "man". "He" still has all "his" female parts. I don't get the fascination.

~Stacey

Baby and little girls' leg warmers: http://www.etsy.com/shop/SassyStitchesStacey

July 23rd, 2008, 10:28 AM
AnnaBananasMom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't care about what people want to do with their own bodies, but I fail to see why he's considered a pregnant man. Obviously, all the female parts were there and fully functioning, as well as enough female hormones to support a pregnancy. Nothing extraordinary other than personal choices.

Video Montage of Anna's First Year
July 23rd, 2008, 10:53 AM
Gracey and Evan's Ma
^^ ditto and ditto! I have an aunt who has more body hair than my dad and is naturally flat chested (her dads family is hairy and her mom is also flat-chested..thank goodness we arent blood related jk) anywho...she may not have a mini-penis sized clitoris (i really dont know though, havent asked!) but she acquired her facial hair and lack of boobies au natural! no hormones needed! she also has kids...but she isnt runnin around claiming to have been a pregnant man. I'm quite certain that if she cut her hair a bit shorter, she'd look far more like a man than THIS *girl.*

Publicity...all publicity. Some of hisher neighbors stated that they had no idea til he/she went public with it. It (the situation) apparently wasnt getting enough attention by him/her just walking through the grocery store.

And I find it a bit immature actually. Right or not, that little girl is going to get a lot of flack about it. Much less Im sure had they not gone public. They are perfectly entitled to live how they want, and that doesnt bother me in the slightest.. but leave the baby out of it. She isnt asking for that kind of publicity.. let HER make that decision if she wants everyone to know.
July 23rd, 2008, 10:58 AM
eash's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
I don't care about what people want to do with their own bodies, but I fail to see why he's considered a pregnant man. Obviously, all the female parts were there and fully functioning, as well as enough female hormones to support a pregnancy. Nothing extraordinary other than personal choices.[/b]

Exactly.
I am glad that he had a healthy baby that will be raised in a loving home.
July 23rd, 2008, 11:07 AM
skat's Avatar Veteran
I completely agree that "he" is technically still a "she" and should be referred to as such until the "process" is complete.

That being said, I'm really torn on the whole deal. The article didn't mention that "he" is the one that "he" and his partner chose to have to have a baby b/c the partner has a medical condition that wouldn't allow her to become pregnant, or at least would make it very difficult. I think, but I'm not sure, she has PCOS or something along those lines. They are a couple and wanted a baby. Why deny them? However, I also agree that it's been for publicity. The couple mentions they want their child to have a normal life, so WHY bring on all this attention?

</div>

<div align="center"><span style="font-family:Arial Black">Sarah- Loving mama to Ally and Katy</div></span>
July 24th, 2008, 09:30 AM
TheOtherMichelle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think I heard them say that it would have come out anyway unless he went into hiding, and they'd rather let people know on their own terms. Have they made any money off it from the interviews and such?

Quote:
Both father and daughter came through the birth in perfect health. "I weigh two pounds less than I did before I got pregnant," adds Thomas. "And I don't have a single stretch mark!"[/b]
#####! I mean, ######! I mean.. what? ######it, that's not fair!

July 24th, 2008, 04:30 PM
Veteran
Two loving parents welcome child into the world. Sounds good to me. If one is trans, so what? They wanted a child, they can love a child, so yay them for welcoming a child to world. And giving it two loving parents. Unfortuently, many children aren't welcomed into the world under such great circumstances.

I don't like the media hoop-la. But I don't like anyone using their kids to get fame. From the good heterosexual Christians of Jon and Kate and The Duggers, down to the couple with the FTM trans daddy, and including every A-list, B-list, and D-list (there really isn't a c-list) celeberity and celeberity wanna be who shoves their kid(s) into the lime light. Espeically before the kid is even born. But hey, thats just me. Don't get me wrong, I still follow the stories and get obbessed with these people.
July 24th, 2008, 04:39 PM
Lash's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
He's LEGALLY considered a male, which means that he's the first legally termed male to be pregnant and give birth- even if he has working female parts still

July 24th, 2008, 07:51 PM
$pryNinja's Avatar Zef Fre$ Mom
Quote:
Two loving parents welcome child into the world. Sounds good to me. If one is trans, so what? They wanted a child, they can love a child, so yay them for welcoming a child to world. And giving it two loving parents. Unfortuently, many children aren't welcomed into the world under such great circumstances.

I don't like the media hoop-la. But I don't like anyone using their kids to get fame. From the good heterosexual Christians of Jon and Kate and The Duggers, down to the couple with the FTM trans daddy, and including every A-list, B-list, and D-list (there really isn't a c-list) celeberity and celeberity wanna be who shoves their kid(s) into the lime light. Espeically before the kid is even born. But hey, thats just me. Don't get me wrong, I still follow the stories and get obbessed with these people.[/b]
ITA ~ whats wrong with being a tran? nothing!! The child is in a lovable home and has two parents.. who cares if one is legally now a HE/was a SHE? And LOL I too have been guilty of obsessing over celebrities even though I can't stand how they are used and over paid... at least the ones that give back are worth reading about

There is no greater power in the universe than the need for
freedom. Against that power, governments and tyrants and armies cannot
stand.

July 24th, 2008, 08:34 PM
Chunky Monkey's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I personally don't see anything wrong with the pregnancy in general but the whole media thing has got me a little irritated about it. What makes this couple so special that all this attention has to be drawn on them? How about the couples suffering from infertility for many many MANY years to finally have a miracle of their own?

July 25th, 2008, 12:08 AM
Veteran
Quote:
Quote:

I don't like the media hoop-la. But I don't like anyone using their kids to get fame. From the good heterosexual Christians of Jon and Kate and The Duggers, down to the couple with the FTM trans daddy, and including every A-list, B-list, and D-list (there really isn't a c-list) celeberity and celeberity wanna be who shoves their kid(s) into the lime light. Espeically before the kid is even born. But hey, thats just me. Don't get me wrong, I still follow the stories and get obbessed with these people.[/b]
ITA ~ whats wrong with being a tran? nothing!! The child is in a lovable home and has two parents.. who cares if one is legally now a HE/was a SHE? And LOL I too have been guilty of obsessing over celebrities even though I can't stand how they are used and over paid... at least the ones that give back are worth reading about [/b]
That was the reasoning I used to buy two magazine with Brad/Ang on the covers. At least they give back! And, um, it was about babies...and I'm having a baby...so very important to read.
July 25th, 2008, 12:36 AM
MissTorrieIfYou'reNasty's Avatar Co-Host of Heated Debates
Quote:
I think a sex change is wrong,[/b]
Why?

"I love mankind, it's people I can't stand."
July 25th, 2008, 05:57 AM
skat's Avatar Veteran
Quote:
He's LEGALLY considered a male, which means that he's the first legally termed male to be pregnant and give birth- even if he has working female parts still[/b]
Is he? I don't understand all this...I'm asking honestly, HOW is he considered a male if he still has female body parts? Does he have any male body parts?

</div>

<div align="center"><span style="font-family:Arial Black">Sarah- Loving mama to Ally and Katy</div></span>
July 25th, 2008, 06:28 AM
$pryNinja's Avatar Zef Fre$ Mom
Quote:
I'm asking honestly, HOW is he considered a male if he still has female body parts? Does he have any male body parts?[/b]

Probably on file, his drivers license, passport, etc. At least thats what I would assume.

There is no greater power in the universe than the need for
freedom. Against that power, governments and tyrants and armies cannot
stand.

July 25th, 2008, 10:19 AM
Just Nana's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Seems to me if ya got female parts you are a female. How can he be a male with a uterus

July 25th, 2008, 04:07 PM
Veteran
Quote:
Quote:
He's LEGALLY considered a male, which means that he's the first legally termed male to be pregnant and give birth- even if he has working female parts still[/b]
Is he? I don't understand all this...I'm asking honestly, HOW is he considered a male if he still has female body parts? Does he have any male body parts?
[/b]
I've kind of been wondering the same thing, just cause I never knew one could legally change their sex. Never really looked into it before. So, the internet rules! Here's what I've found.

Quote:
That option exists in Oregon, as in most states, for transsexuals who switch genders.

"Oregon's law is very typical," said Shannon Minter, legal director for the National Center for Lesbian Rights in San Francisco.

The crux of the decades-old law is one sentence. The same court with jurisdiction over legal name changes "may order a legal change of sex and enter a judgment indicating the change of sex of a person whose sex has been changed by surgical procedure."

The law does not define "surgical procedure" or specify what sort of anatomical change, if any, is required.

"There's no specific requirement in the law that there be a letter from a surgeon," said Lake James Perriguey, a Portland attorney who specializes in sex-discrimination cases. "A specific judge might want to see a letter, but that's it."

Perriguey said he takes up to 10 legal sex-change cases a year. He always includes a surgeon's letter as documentation of the sex change. He said he knows of cases in which a person received a legal change of sex on the basis of facial reconstruction.

The high-profile Bend case involves Thomas Beatie, who says he was born female but identifies as a male.

In a first-person account this month in The Advocate, a gay publication, Beatie said he legally changed his name and sex about 10 years ago in Hawaii. He underwent a double mastectomy and started testosterone injections, he said, but kept female reproductive organs.[/b]
Source

So, he didn't have the full operation, but he did have a double mastectomy and take testosterone injections to become male. Which counts as surgery to change ones sex. Judge approved it.

This a different article about a gay relationship in which one of the men became a woman, and then their marriage was legel. Not exactly the same, but kind of a good read and some more information.
July 25th, 2008, 06:43 PM
I_Run_with_Scissors
I say congrats to him and his wife on the birth of their daughter.

Ive read a few articles and i saw them on oprah they seem like a very nice couple. New Baby has loving home with mommy and daddy i dont see what the big issue is....
July 25th, 2008, 07:17 PM
swade66's Avatar My friends call me HIRB.
Men can't have babies.

I think it is appalling. Call me what you like.

***Don't expect me to lie to you just because you won't like the truth.***

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search