SF Sanctuary Law

Forum: Heated Debates

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Heated Debates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 25th, 2008, 08:17 AM
Christy72
http://apnews.myway.com/article/20080724/D9246MRG1.html

How do you feel about situations like this and the affect of illegal immigration?
July 26th, 2008, 11:01 AM
Jessica!'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm against it.

I can not believe there is a city in this country who will openly put commercials on television telling people that it's OK to enter this country illegally. However, it IS California after all. We know there are a bunch of wacky liberals there. No offense to any liberals, but I don't like the "way-out-there-liberals"... it just makes your whole party look bad.

July 27th, 2008, 07:55 AM
Christy72
The whole thing just makes me so mad. They sheltered this guy and then he shoots and kills innocent people. I totally agree with you Jessica!
July 27th, 2008, 09:07 AM
$pryNinja's Avatar Zef Fre$ Mom
I wouldn't let this tragedy get in the way of the fact that some people do deserve to be sheltered from oppression in their own countries. Its just sad that some people would take advantage of it. This guy was arrested multiple times before, he should have been exempt to the sanctuary status.

There is no greater power in the universe than the need for
freedom. Against that power, governments and tyrants and armies cannot
stand.

August 7th, 2008, 03:06 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thats what they have refugee visas and asylums for. Illegals don't deserve to be where they aren't supposed to be. My husband came to this country legally!!! And yes the process is slow and horrible and needs to be fixed. But I don't believe giving people that purposely cheat the system a right to anything. Not to mention in the sanctuary city and elsewhere they are using our systems like wic and not paying for hospital stays. This might not be all of them but we even see it here. I am sure there are a lot of nice people and the system is broken and they need to allow more of them visas to come, but they are still breaking the law.
August 10th, 2008, 05:59 PM
Christy72
Quote:
Thats what they have refugee visas and asylums for. Illegals don't deserve to be where they aren't supposed to be. My husband came to this country legally!!! And yes the process is slow and horrible and needs to be fixed. But I don't believe giving people that purposely cheat the system a right to anything. Not to mention in the sanctuary city and elsewhere they are using our systems like wic and not paying for hospital stays. This might not be all of them but we even see it here. I am sure there are a lot of nice people and the system is broken and they need to allow more of them visas to come, but they are still breaking the law.[/b]
EXACTLY!!!
August 12th, 2008, 09:26 AM
quietsong's Avatar Just Another Slacker Mom
The whole situation angers me. I'm very strongly against illegal immigration and sanctuary cities, and situations like this are why! I agree that some people need and deserve to be sheltered from oppressive governments, but as was said, that is why there are legal routes to take to get that protection. IMO, if you break the law, you need to face justice.

Visit My Blog, and come join me at the JM Blogs!
Thank you Jaidynsmum for the siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search