CO2 scrubber

Forum: Heated Debates

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Heated Debates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 25th, 2008, 08:20 AM
Christy72
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/...al-warming.html

Thoughts? why aren't we hearing about this?
July 25th, 2008, 09:07 AM
Veteran
I wonder how much CO2 is made in the production and operation of these scrubbers..
July 26th, 2008, 08:04 AM
Christy72
No idea

I heard about this on glenn Beck the other night.
July 26th, 2008, 11:18 AM
Jessica!'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
First of all, I just wish to say that global warming is a bunch of crap. What people fail to realize is that the planet goes through warming and cooling stages. According to NASA, who just did a study about a month ago, the oceans show NO rise in temperature. I know there are a lot of band wagon jumpers out there who need to "BE GREEN!"

So tell me this, what are the greenie's going to do when the planet goes through global cooling? Go back to their Hummer's and other various SUVs?

I know, that sounded mean... but seriously, I am not buying into global warming. CO2 scrubbers won't work... and the greenie's aren't going to get behind the CO2 scrubbers either. The greenie's just want to kill big oil companies.

AND their hybrids are also bad for the environment, but they don't realize that. The batteries in most hybrids are made of nickle metal hydride which needs to be disposed of differently then other car batteries. It doesn't really matter though. ALL car batteries, even those precious hybrids, are toxic to the environment. So if the greenie's really cared, they would just walk.

Sorry, you can tell I really dislike this green movement. Do what you please, but don't shove it down my throat.

July 27th, 2008, 07:58 AM
Christy72
Quote:
First of all, I just wish to say that global warming is a bunch of crap. What people fail to realize is that the planet goes through warming and cooling stages. According to NASA, who just did a study about a month ago, the oceans show NO rise in temperature. I know there are a lot of band wagon jumpers out there who need to "BE GREEN!"

So tell me this, what are the greenie's going to do when the planet goes through global cooling? Go back to their Hummer's and other various SUVs?

I know, that sounded mean... but seriously, I am not buying into global warming. CO2 scrubbers won't work... and the greenie's aren't going to get behind the CO2 scrubbers either. The greenie's just want to kill big oil companies.

AND their hybrids are also bad for the environment, but they don't realize that. The batteries in most hybrids are made of nickle metal hydride which needs to be disposed of differently then other car batteries. It doesn't really matter though. ALL car batteries, even those precious hybrids, are toxic to the environment. So if the greenie's really cared, they would just walk.

Sorry, you can tell I really dislike this green movement. Do what you please, but don't shove it down my throat.[/b]

I am with you on this one, but I know that opnion isn't popular. I have thrown my point in here and there to no avail though.
July 28th, 2008, 12:29 PM
Veteran
All the CO2 scrubbing I feel inclined to buy is the grass of my lawn and maybe some trees or a garden...

I'll tell you what I find bemusing... The whole "green" movement is intended to suppress consumption. Now it's been co-opted and it's a marketting gimmick!
July 30th, 2008, 12:13 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:

Sorry, you can tell I really dislike this green movement. Do what you please, but don't shove it down my throat.[/b]
Just for a "greenie" perspective, I think Hummers are butt-ugly. I like my Prius just fine. Besides, I save money on gas, have a smooth ride, get to take the carpool lane with my cool stickers, and have plenty of room in the back for my kids, dogs, and assorted leashes when the dogs accompany me on the many walks I take!

It's too bad greenies are trying to shove the whole green thing down your throat. I've never told an SUV or Hummer owner that they shouldn't drive their cars. There are, however, people out there who want to nag, nag, nag until you've heard things a hundred times and feel obligated to oblige. I actually quite enjoy the feel of soft, organic cotton pjs, the warm glow of my energy efficient light bulbs, and the satisfaction of knowing, as does everyone else who has seen "An Inconvenient Truth" that the world does, in fact, go through cooling and heating periods. However, the difference is the rate of heating, which scientists agree is totally unprecedented, in recent decades.

I also did my research when I bought my hybrid. I think many people who look into buying hybrid cars do at least a little bit of research into the cars before they buy them. Knowing the pros and cons, I chose what was right for me. That's what living in this great country is all about! I also realize that my hybrid, reliable though it may be, isn't necessarily "precious" to me. It gets me from point A to point B, it's a start on a long road to oil independence, and it is unfortunately far from perfect. But, like I said, it does the job for me and I love it.

And when my mom's self-described "Chevy Crapalier" finally dies out on her, she's interested in buying a Prius, too! But I swear I didn't nag.

YAY FOR SMART PEOPLE!

July 30th, 2008, 11:36 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I think some coal stations actually use scrubber technology now, so it is indeed out there.
August 1st, 2008, 10:17 AM
Christy72
Quote:
Just for a "greenie" perspective, I think Hummers are butt-ugly. I like my Prius just fine. Besides, I save money on gas, have a smooth ride, get to take the carpool lane with my cool stickers, and have plenty of room in the back for my kids, dogs, and assorted leashes when the dogs accompany me on the many walks I take![/b]
I agree with you there. Hummers are but-uly

I agree with conserving, it is just that I think we need to do it in the forms of thinks like plastic bags and such.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search