Nature potty

Forum: Heated Debates

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Heated Debates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 27th, 2009, 12:07 PM
fluffycheeks's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
If you are at a park or someplace else outdoors, and there is no toilet close by, do you let your child pee behind a bush or tree? Do you think it's ok for other people to do that? What about #2?
October 27th, 2009, 12:10 PM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
If it were a young child I probably would let them. Sometimes little ones really just can't hold it long enough to get in the car, leave and find a regular bathroom.

If it were a much older child, teen or adult I wouldn't find it as acceptable because by then you should be more aware of your bathroom needs.

October 27th, 2009, 12:38 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I think its ok if its a small child, as stated above, kids cannot always hold until you can get them to a bathroom. For some reason, I think its ok for men/boys too as long as they try to do it a bit decreetly, and only when there is no other bathroom around, ie: hiking in the woods, or out on the land somewhere. I think its much different for a woman to be squatting behind a bush, then a man standing behind a tree or whatever. For myself, i try to avoid it at all costs. Where we live, we go out on the land often, and sometimes you are at least 1-2 hours from a bathroom, and waiting to get home is just not feasible.
October 27th, 2009, 03:21 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Meh, I still pee outside sometimes. My bladder is small. It's not the most dignified thing in the world, but you do what you got to do.

As for #2, I don't think I'd actively encourage my child to take a dump in the woods, but sometimes **** happens.
October 27th, 2009, 06:22 PM
Jarheadwed's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
If they were young enough that asking them to hold it would most likely result in an accident, yes. But if theyre older, I'd tell them to wait until we could get to one. Lucky for our kids, their mom and dad always have to pee so we'll likely never be too far from a toilet.

October 27th, 2009, 06:49 PM
Wolfmama09's Avatar " He's a marshmallow!"
Ds did it twice so far lol. He's 2. I would so rather him pee by a tree then pee in his pants while I'm trying to find him a bathroom to pee in. Now when he's older, he will jsut have to wait until we find one.

October 29th, 2009, 04:58 AM
plan4fate's Avatar I may bend, but not break
We did it this summer... but it's not something I'd normally do myself (cause I'm "prissy" as my grandmother put it). It's over 2 hours from Harbor Breton to the nearest timhortons, and even though we all made sure to go before we left, we barely made it half way down when the morning liquids caught up with Tori (she's 6) and my grandfather.. so we all went for a woodside potty break. Thankfully we had like 10,000 hectares of land to choose from

I see no issue with it. What I don't like seeing is people letting their kids pee on the sidewalks cause the bathroom is "icky".. clean off the seat and hold the kidup over the toilet.. NOT ON THE SIDEWALK!

October 29th, 2009, 05:07 AM
Nekinna2402's Avatar Anniken <3 Tanja
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Tithen~ View Post
We did it this summer... but it's not something I'd normally do myself (cause I'm "prissy" as my grandmother put it). It's over 2 hours from Harbor Breton to the nearest timhortons, and even though we all made sure to go before we left, we barely made it half way down when the morning liquids caught up with Tori (she's 6) and my grandfather.. so we all went for a woodside potty break. Thankfully we had like 10,000 hectares of land to choose from

I see no issue with it. What I don't like seeing is people letting their kids pee on the sidewalks cause the bathroom is "icky".. clean off the seat and hold the kidup over the toilet.. NOT ON THE SIDEWALK!

That. I hate seeing people pee on the sidewalks, its not THAT hard to clean the toilet
if it is far from a toilet and your child (or you) have to pee, you got to do what you got to do right?

October 29th, 2009, 05:00 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Yep! I have done it with my DD many times. I don't think it is inappropriate per say for an older child because believe me, there have been MANY times I have almost pulled over to the side myself.
October 29th, 2009, 07:15 PM
Quantum_Leap's Avatar frequent flier
It depends how far we are from a toilet, and/or from public scrutiny. But, in general I don't have a problem with it. I would rather not derail any toilet-training efforts by forcing a child to wait unnecessarily.

Thank you to the SSMC makers for my beautiful siggies!

(x2)(x2)(October 2011)
October 29th, 2009, 07:21 PM
Mega Super Mommy
ive let my son do it before. theres been alot of times that i would rather him pee by the car with me and the door blocking him because i HATE absolutly HATE public bathrooms. it doesnt matter if you wipe the toilet or not they are nasty!! as far as the bush thing yes he has done that too.
October 30th, 2009, 12:59 PM
IAmMomMomIAm
I'd let them. I don't think I'd let them pee onto pavement, but grass or dirt is different.
October 30th, 2009, 01:21 PM
**Badfish**'s Avatar Worth Saving
This is kind of a pet peeve of mine. Not in emergency type situations, but people who have their kids pee in public just because they don't feel like finding a bathroom. When I was in college, I watched a mother pull her son's pants down and have him pee in our parking lot at work. Not only did we have a bathroom, but we were between two gas stations. I swore I would never, ever do that with my kid.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search