Parenting Advice

Forum: Heated Debates

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Heated Debates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 6th, 2009, 10:27 AM
Tersh's Avatar DD nurses her baby too!
What's the worst bit of parenting advice you have received?

How about the best?

What determines how you deal with the major issues of raising babies (ie., sleeping, feeding, etc)?

Thank you to *~Joni~* for my beautiful siggy!!

November 6th, 2009, 10:54 AM
aussiemummy
It was when I was pregnant with my son. I had other mothers telling me to get him circ'ed because it was cleaner.

How about the best?
Let Daddy do his own thing. He might not do it like Mums do but he's still right.

What determines how you deal with the major issues of raising babies (ie., sleeping, feeding, etc)?
I do what I want. I ask other people I trust and know are good parents their advice and take what I want from that.
November 6th, 2009, 11:03 AM
mswordwiz's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The worst - Soap in the mouth for profanity.

The best - Stick to a schedule for the babies DO NOT DEVIATE.

I have 3 9 month olds, trying to feed on demand was a nightmare, so we went to a set in stone schedule.
Brandon 6
Suzanne (1-18-2009)
Kyle & Luke (1-22-2009)

"Anyone engaging in illegal financial transactions will be caught and persecuted." --George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., Sept. 19, 2008

Another day, another 72% for the same work, different pay......
November 6th, 2009, 11:21 AM
IAmMomMomIAm
Follow the developmental schedule. Someone told me when Luke was 8 months old and not crawling that he was probably retarded (they meant handicapped retarded, not the slang term more commonly used). Uhhh...

How about the best?
Go with the flow.

Raising BABIES? I let the baby dictate such things, with a combination of my mental sanity. I don't force the baby into a sleeping schedule until their own set schedule becomes disruptive to the rest of the household. I feed on demand, when she's hungry - though I totally understand how feeding three on demand wouldn't really work.
November 6th, 2009, 12:11 PM
Tersh's Avatar DD nurses her baby too!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keskes View Post
Raising BABIES? I let the baby dictate such things, with a combination of my mental sanity. I don't force the baby into a sleeping schedule until their own set schedule becomes disruptive to the rest of the household. I feed on demand, when she's hungry - though I totally understand how feeding three on demand wouldn't really work.
Yes, they do need to be raised into children. They don't feed/teach/change themselves.

I think the worst advice I ever got was from my mother in law, who said to put pablum in the bottle so that my kids would sleep longer. Tied with the advice "don't let your babies suck on pacifiers." From the same source.

The best was from my husband "your obligation is to be the best mom you can be, not the best housekeeper, not the best cook, not even the best wife. Just be the best mom you can be and that's all I could ever ask of you."

Thank you to *~Joni~* for my beautiful siggy!!

Last edited by Tersh; November 6th, 2009 at 12:16 PM.
November 6th, 2009, 12:11 PM
swade66's Avatar My friends call me HIRB.
What's the worst bit of parenting advice you have received? Shut the door and let her cry.

How about the best? You are her mom do what YOU think is best.

What determines how you deal with the major issues of raising babies (ie., sleeping, feeding, etc)? I talk to my MIL and my friends who have children and do what makes me the most comfortable and what I think is best for my daughter.

***Don't expect me to lie to you just because you won't like the truth.***

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search