Having sex with your children in the bed

Forum: Heated Debates

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Closed Topic Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Heated Debates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 4th, 2009, 02:07 PM
aussiemummy
I've been waiting for this to become a debate but no one has posted it yet.

Sex in the bed with your children asleep...yay or nay?
December 4th, 2009, 02:09 PM
IAmMomMomIAm
It's not for me, personally. Maybe if I had different kids. But if the kid's asleep, and the parents are.. erm.. quiet enough then I don't think it's a big deal at all.
December 4th, 2009, 02:10 PM
Tersh's Avatar DD nurses her baby too!
Nay. Not against it, just not for me. We have had sex with DS in the room (in his basinette) sometimes, but I'm not all that fond of it.

Thank you to *~Joni~* for my beautiful siggy!!

December 4th, 2009, 02:10 PM
aussiemummy
I wouldn't ever have sex with my children in the bed. To be honest, I think it's really weird and pretty gross.
December 4th, 2009, 02:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiemummy View Post
I wouldn't ever have sex with my children in the bed. To be honest, I think it's really weird and pretty gross.
For you to do it, I assume?

December 4th, 2009, 02:13 PM
aussiemummy
Nope, for everyone. I can not imagine having sex with my 3 year old in the bed. I find it pretty disturbing actually.

We are staying with my boyfriends mother right now. My boyfriend, myself and our two children in the same room. We never have sex in there.
December 4th, 2009, 02:13 PM
foxfire_ga79
I can't even have sex with my dogs in the room asleep let alone my kids. lol
December 4th, 2009, 02:14 PM
aussiemummy
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxfire_ga79 View Post
Don't like the dogs watching?
December 4th, 2009, 02:16 PM
Quote:
Nope, for everyone. I can not imagine having sex with my 3 year old in the bed. I find it pretty disturbing actually.

We are staying with my boyfriends mother right now. My boyfriend, myself and our two children in the same room. We never have sex in there.
It amazes me that someone can come to the debate forms and still use language like this. The first rule here is to be respectful of other's opinions. You know there are people here that do have sex with their children in the same bed. Do you think it's respectful to call what other people do "weird" and "gross" and "disturbing"?

December 4th, 2009, 02:17 PM
aussiemummy
It's my opinion. This is a DEBATE board right so I have the right to my opinion.

I'm not going to sugar coat it because I'm pretty sure no one else does.
December 4th, 2009, 02:31 PM
(.Y.)mom2dd(.Y.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxfire_ga79 View Post
That's me too!
December 4th, 2009, 02:37 PM
Eowyn's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Either the kids would have to be deaf and sleep as hard as rocks or why bother having sex at all if its going to be so boring you dont wake the neighbors?

in all seriousness, I really cant imagine being in the mood with a child less than 2 feet away from me. I have a hard time enjoying sex unless the kids are completely OUT in their rooms because I dont want to get started if theirs a chance we'll be interrupted

theres no way I could ever have sex with even a infant in the bed who is clueless much less a child. id be lying if didnt say I think the whole idea is weird...
i dont know about WRONG... but its weird to me
December 4th, 2009, 02:38 PM
Quote:
It's my opinion. This is a DEBATE board right so I have the right to my opinion.

Then maybe you should explain why you find it "disturbing" as I simply can't wrap my head around that. It still seems judgmental and disrepectful to me.

December 4th, 2009, 02:43 PM
BonitaAppleBomb's Avatar ~African-American-Mommy~
Quote:

I agree with this. We're all grown. Why should Dayna sugarcoat her answer just because someone may disagree? This is a board full of women..is it truly expected to be in harmony all of the time.

Quote:
I agree Dayna...weird, gross, and disturbing.

December 4th, 2009, 02:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BonitaAppleBomb View Post
I agree with this. We're all grown. Why should Dayna sugarcoat her answer just because someone may disagree? This is a board full of women..is it truly expected to be in harmony all of the time.

Then DEBATE it. Throwing out negative descriptors isn't much of a debate. It's simply casting judgment.

December 4th, 2009, 02:54 PM
(.Y.)mom2dd(.Y.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BonitaAppleBomb View Post

.. IDK.. I think this is why JM locks threads.

I think there is a way to communicate without being disrespectful. Simply saying "for me" helps people not get hurt feelings because even though we are grown women, we all have bad days. Sometimes just toning back with a "it's not for me" can be the difference.. unless you're trolling and hellz yeah even I do that! (Well, on bad days, LOL!)
December 4th, 2009, 02:56 PM
frgsonmysox's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We do it. No, I don't find me or my husband disturbing, gross, or disgusting - but thank you for that.

We have a 13 inch thick tempur-pedic king size bed. Our children - who are asleep and completely unaware as to what is going on - can feel nothing. No, we aren't silent, our kids are not sound sensitive. We co-sleep so this is THEIR bed too, no we cannot do it somewhere else. I have a connective tissue disorder that makes my joints dislocate - hence the 4k dollar mattress. Having sex just anywhere would have my joints dislocate and put me in immense pain.

For centuries parents and children slept in the same room, and commonly in the same bed. Somehow we all still managed to have sex without scarring anyone.
~Beth~ Wife to my Airman Chris, and mommy to: Anthony Nathaniel (8/31/04), Anastasia Fae (8/01/06), Baby C (lost on 10/12/07), David Cillian (7/31/08), Charles George (4/29/10), and Alan Christopher (2/22/12)

My BLOG - A Day In The Life of a Freg (it's a little bit of everything!)
December 4th, 2009, 02:59 PM
BonitaAppleBomb's Avatar ~African-American-Mommy~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tersh View Post
Then DEBATE it. Throwing out negative descriptors isn't much of a debate. It's simply casting judgment.
We already threw our opinion out there so what do you want us to DEBATE? Our own opinion? Everyone so far is pretty much on the same train of thought, so what is there to debate? We'll just let you continue to cast judgment on the negative descriptors that we use.

December 4th, 2009, 03:00 PM
AMDG's Avatar Margaret
Quote:
Originally Posted by frgsonmysox View Post

For centuries parents and children slept in the same room, and commonly in the same bed. Somehow we all still managed to have sex without scarring anyone.

well, I seem to be saying this a lot these days in these debates but - I agree - i don't see what the big deal is.
December 4th, 2009, 03:02 PM
Platinum Supermommy
My question is, at what age of the child does it become unacceptable? When they know what sex is? I dunno, I would never do it.

Avery Raine - 6
Brynlee Skye - 4
Baby #3 - Due January 2016
Closed Topic

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search