The Tooth Fairy

Forum: Heated Debates

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Heated Debates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 4th, 2009, 03:14 PM
Tersh's Avatar DD nurses her baby too!
Good idea or not?

Thank you to *~Joni~* for my beautiful siggy!!

December 4th, 2009, 03:43 PM
Jessica-mom of 4's Avatar Veteran
I think it's a good idea. As a matter of fact the tooth fairy just visited my daughter last night!

December 4th, 2009, 03:51 PM
Eowyn's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
i think its fun. but id only do it in purely pretend. i wouldnt try to 'help' her believe the tooth fairy is real. Its just a fun pretend tradition as far as our family is concerned.
December 4th, 2009, 04:30 PM
Tofu Bacon
The Tooth Fairy is right up there with Santa, in my book.
December 4th, 2009, 04:33 PM
IAmMomMomIAm
The tooth fairy is even more ridiculous than Santa. At least Santa encourages children to behave themselves to earn someone's approval. The tooth fairy teaches kids absolutely nothing.

I will put money under my kid's pillow when they lose a tooth, and might even say it's from the "tooth fairy *wink*", but I won't be suggesting they actually believe in her.. it'll just be a fun surprise (or fun expectation for the future) to get money for losing a tooth.
December 4th, 2009, 04:49 PM
Gina1978's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ive always done the teeth fairy thing to respect other family members that want to do it for my kids.
Like,my MIL always gave my older kids a little something from the tooth fairy and they loved it.

Personally,I think its silly.Here,its not a fairy,its the "ratoncito Perez",its a mouse.I think its dumb..why does a mouse come for a kids teeth? lol
My kids enjoyed it though,and once my toddler is old enough to understand,weŽll do it for her too because my ILs like it.
If the whole thing depended on me though,I wouldent have done anything.I keep all my kids teeth in my memory box and thats what I would have told them.

Thank you SO much for my new siggy Julia (Julka)!

December 4th, 2009, 05:12 PM
mayandsofiasmommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We will do tooth fairy, but it's never a huge deal. Just some money for your tooth- fair trade

but shoot, I'm someone who "stole" this idea of setting out the Halloween candy for the Great Pumpkin to take and replace with a toy!

December 4th, 2009, 09:27 PM
Eowyn's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I remember growing up the promise of "the tooth fairy" (we never believed she was actually real) made losing a tooth something bearable. Its not exactly a pleasant experience(at least not most of the time.) So 'the tooth fairy' turns the experience into a positive one. We'd get 50 cent pieces under our pillows. I thought it was so cool because it was such a big coin! lol!
I also remember it was a running challenge between kids and parents to be able to catch a parent in the act of switching the tooth with the coin! lol!

Totally OT but we were so determined that one time my brother hatched a plan to make a paper tooth and fake losing it during a camp-out party so as to trick my parents into playing the tooth fairy so we could stage the event and catch them in the act! lol! we all ended up falling asleep anyway though and never did.
But my dad never figured out the tooth was a fake and my brother still got a coin!
December 5th, 2009, 05:45 AM
aussiemummy
I think it's fun.
December 5th, 2009, 06:41 AM
Tammyjh's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We've had a lot of fun with it and the kids sure do enjoy finding $$ under their pillow

"...They're supposed to make you miserable! That's why they're family!" ~ Bobby ~ Supernatural
December 5th, 2009, 07:28 AM
Jessica-mom of 4's Avatar Veteran
I don't take any measure's either to make my kids believe in the tooth fairy, they just get told if you lose a tooth the tooth fairy will bring you money for it. It doesn't take much for my kids to believe cause they are so imaginative which I think is great.

Also for someone like me the tooth fairy is sooooo helpful lol.. My daughter had a bad experience at the dentist for her first visit when she was about 3 years old. Ever since she refuses to go back. Well now that she's 8 and losing her teeth she doesn't like to pull her teeth out. Well it's gotten so bad that she has her permanent teeth growing under and behind her baby teeth. So the only way to get her to take them out is by saying either she can pull them and get money from the tooth fairy or visit the dentist and she pulled one of the two teeth within like 5 minutes lol... So it can be helpful to someone like me...

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search