Hoohoo-dilly's and ChaCha's

Forum: Heated Debates

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Heated Debates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 21st, 2006, 12:54 PM
Boxerlove1's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was just wondering. Most of the time when I have heard parents refer to theirs or their childrens 'private' parts, its some sort of slang term (wnkie, willie, etc)....

I always thought I would use the proper names for the genitalia, ie PENIS and VAGINA, but now I'm not so sure.

I was just wondering what your experiences were with this terminology and your kids, or to those of you who are new moms or expecting moms, what terms you use/plan on using?

<div align="center"></div>
Agatha Christie</span>
June 21st, 2006, 12:57 PM
Tanya G's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was just discussing this with my SO the other day. I have to admit I feel a little funny saying your penis to my son, but I feel lame using other words, but I guess we have decided to try to use the real words. My sister says "your boss" to her boys who are now 7 and 9, and to her little girl who is 4 she says "plooch" ?? lol.

Thank you Rawisner for the Siggy!

June 21st, 2006, 12:58 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We use the right terms...penis, vulva, vagina, breasts/nipples...

Hasn't come up a whole lot yet( well, except breasts )
June 21st, 2006, 12:59 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I can't even remember what they were refered to when I was growing up. I think just "boy/girl part" or "private parts".

When i was working at the daycare, I heard lots of interesting names for them, the only one that sticks out is "monkey"
June 21st, 2006, 01:00 PM
Cereal Killer's Avatar Aiming for mediocrity
We call DD's her "Bajingo" (got it from "Scrubs") and I haven't decided with DS. I used to say I would use the proper terms, but I don't know why I just can't .

My brother used to call it his "tallywhacker" and my nephew calls it his "gagoogles" (that is a term for the twig AND berries)

June 21st, 2006, 01:01 PM
cbrmommy's Avatar Veteran
Quote:
I can't even remember what they were refered to when I was growing up. I think just "boy/girl part" or "private parts".

When i was working at the daycare, I heard lots of interesting names for them, the only one that sticks out is "monkey"[/b]
LMAO! Thats what the girls call theirs...monkeys! Though I have to admit they got it from me. Ive always referred to mine as a monkey. Boys have coconut trees. If you cant work that one out in your head, Im not about to explain it!

Though, as a GA fan, I have to show some love for the vah-jay-jay
June 21st, 2006, 01:03 PM
AbbyHannahsMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We also use the correct words for things. My mother used weird words for out private parts when I was growing up.. when I was around 9 some girl used the word vagina and I was like .

June 21st, 2006, 01:06 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Vagina- hoo hoo
Penis- pee pee

June 21st, 2006, 01:25 PM
Jen25's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We use the proper names. To ME it kind of perpetuates the whole "your body and sex are dirty" aspect. I want my kids to be comfortable with all parts of their bodies. Not just the non-genitalia ones.

June 21st, 2006, 01:27 PM
Mega Super Mommy
That Scrubs episode where the girl was considering becoming a "Gyno-girl" but didn't know if she wanted to look at Bajingos all day long was so funny I laughed until I fell off the couch!

Penis--winkie
Vagina--we usually lump everything down there together as "bottom."

I do use the technical terms as much as possible, so they know them, but we usually use the above.

June 21st, 2006, 02:01 PM
mrobinson
Ok this thread is hilarous so I hope everyone keeps telling us their words..

One of the former Calgary cops who used to work the vice unit put out a book. Debbie Middleton-Hope is now on the Alberta Council of Women's Shelters.. anyway her book, My mom says, she explains in court that if a child has said he touched my butterfly ~ it might not hold up. So I'm choosing to use penis and vagina for that reason.. Also, I agree with what has been said ~ it helps undo negativity around hushing the words.
June 21st, 2006, 02:18 PM
Cereal Killer's Avatar Aiming for mediocrity
Quote:
That Scrubs episode where the girl was considering becoming a "Gyno-girl" but didn't know if she wanted to look at Bajingos all day long was so funny I laughed until I fell off the couch![/b]
LOL!! I know, its one of my favorites!!!!

My DD used to call it her "butt" (I don't know why?!? or where she got that) but I had to change it when I was pregnant with DS.
You see, (TMI alert) being preggo and DH being deployed I eliminated my brazilian waxes from my "maintenence" routine. Macey would come in while I was showering and talk to me and one day she asked me if she would ever have a hairy "butt" like me .....not TOO bad, but then she asked my sister "do you have a hairy butt like my mommy?" So, being that a 4 yr old is normally such a positive influence on my self esteem , I have changed the word AND been training her to be more discreet.

June 21st, 2006, 02:54 PM
mrobinson
June 21st, 2006, 03:17 PM
LouLouMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Ok this thread is hilarous so I hope everyone keeps telling us their words..

One of the former Calgary cops who used to work the vice unit put out a book. Debbie Middleton-Hope is now on the Alberta Council of Women's Shelters.. anyway her book, My mom says, she explains in court that if a child has said he touched my butterfly ~ it might not hold up. So I'm choosing to use penis and vagina for that reason.. Also, I agree with what has been said ~ it helps undo negativity around hushing the words.[/b]
It's not as easy as it looks, to look my 8 yr old son in the face and say "penis" and "vagina" My SIL calls it "china" like vachina My friends brother used to say willie worm for penis and toodles for the "nuts" and billies for boobs!

I know we should use the right words...ds did say "nuts" the other day...should I have corrected him and said "testicles"? Yikes. I just can't That said, my mom NEVER used the word Vagina and I turned out just fine

Angel~9/12/05~with us for 5 weeks</span></span></span>
June 21st, 2006, 03:29 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I have not really thought about it too much, but I am chuckling reading this thread.

I think I may use Dr. Baily's term from Grey's Anatomy...

the va-jay-jay.

Quote:
Quote:

When i was working at the daycare, I heard lots of interesting names for them, the only one that sticks out is "monkey"[/b]
LMAO! Thats what the girls call theirs...monkeys! Though I have to admit they got it from me. Ive always referred to mine as a monkey. Boys have coconut trees. If you cant work that one out in your head, Im not about to explain it!

Though, as a GA fan, I have to show some love for the vah-jay-jay
[/b]
He he!! I missed where you wrote this, I am not trying to bite off you!!
June 21st, 2006, 03:35 PM
Butter's Avatar Heather the Mama Duk
We use proper names. Breasts, penis, testicles, perineal area, vagina, buttocks.

~Heather, wife to Jamie (15 years; June 5, 1998) and mom to
Ani - 14 (February 15, 2000), Cameron - 12 (October 3, 2001),
Fritz - 7 (July 11, 2006), and Adrian - 5 (June 19, 2008)
Smaller on the Outside

June 21st, 2006, 03:40 PM
Mega Super Mommy
awww, you're no fun, heather!

<JK >

OH, Syd calls her butt her coolie.

She came out of the bathroom one day shuffling down the hall with her pants around her ankles. She shuffled over to me and my dh and handed me toilet paper, turned around and bent over. She said she did not know if she cleaned her coolie well enough from her poopie. It felt funny.

Kids really crack me up (no pun intended, ha ha!!)
June 21st, 2006, 03:42 PM
frgsonmysox's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
we use proper names (vagina, penis), I hate the cutesy names. I really hate when someone calls going pee "tee tee" what the hell is Tee Tee. You are friggin peeing!
~Beth~ Wife to my Airman Chris, and mommy to: Anthony Nathaniel (8/31/04), Anastasia Fae (8/01/06), Baby C (lost on 10/12/07), David Cillian (7/31/08), Charles George (4/29/10), and Alan Christopher (2/22/12)

My BLOG - A Day In The Life of a Freg (it's a little bit of everything!)
June 21st, 2006, 03:50 PM
Mega Super Mommy
ugh, I have a grown woman in my job who always say, oh, i have to run and take a pish. What in the he!! is a pish?!!!
June 21st, 2006, 03:57 PM
mrobinson
because of training with the pups (who are now dogs) I've gotten into the habit of calling it potty.
Roxy, Mason ~ go potty has turned into I have to go potty.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search