Are there companies that you boycott?

Forum: Heated Debates

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Heated Debates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 22nd, 2006, 07:48 AM
Mega Super Mommy
If so, which ones and why?
June 22nd, 2006, 08:07 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I boycott companies that perform testing on animals. Colgate/palmolive, proctor and gamble, unilever, loreal, etc, etc. There are quite a few, too many for me to list here. This is a link to which companies test on animals for those who are interested. http://www.caringconsumer.com/pdfs/companiesDoTest.pdf

June 22nd, 2006, 08:23 AM
MommieinNC's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm with SCGirl... I especially boycott animal foods that do cruel and unusual testing on animals such as Iams...

I also boycott haircare products that test on animals... *** is that all about?
June 22nd, 2006, 08:31 AM
kadydid
Wal-Mart
June 22nd, 2006, 09:30 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm not sure how many of you are familiar with this company, but it's an auto parts store called Auto Zone. I will NEVER use their company again. On several different occasions I was subject to sexism and racism when I went in there to get parts for my jeep. I also try not to use products that test on animals. Sometimes I accidentally buy something that was tested on a nimal and don't realize it after the fact and don't buy it again.
Amanda
June 22nd, 2006, 10:08 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
I boycott companies that perform testing on animals. Colgate/palmolive, proctor and gamble, unilever, loreal, etc, etc. There are quite a few, too many for me to list here. This is a link to which companies test on animals for those who are interested. http://www.caringconsumer.com/pdfs/companiesDoTest.pdf[/b]
We boycott these companies as well.

In addition, we boycott Walmart, due to unfair employment practices, and Nestle, due to their shameful peddling of mother's milk substitutes in desperate areas of the world (a sick sight we have been so unfortunate as to have witnessed).
June 22nd, 2006, 10:50 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Well so far I have no boycotted any products but I do boycott any movies Tom cruise is in.
June 22nd, 2006, 10:55 AM
brittbratt's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Well so far I have no boycotted any products but I do boycott any movies Tom cruise is in. [/b]
lmao

June 22nd, 2006, 01:03 PM
kadydid
I was thinking about this question while I was at the gym and there are actually more places I won’t buy from than just Wal-Mart. Awhile back I came across this site and checked into some of the things that were important to me. http://www.buyblue.org/directory/a

And I won’t buy Dominos pizza because of the whole “Catholic town” bit. I can see wanting to live by people who think the same way as you do, but that is just a bit creepy IMO. And I would also never buy a Ford again (or a GM ever) after learning about their role in WW2. And I don’t plan on contributing to that legacy.
June 22nd, 2006, 01:15 PM
chlodoll
i dont boycott any stores, just the hot dog stand down the street because he is racist!
June 22nd, 2006, 01:19 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I boycott KFC lol.. well I dont eat it. I saw this thing on TV about choosing the chicks and anyone that wasnt up to par the guy just picked up and chucked.
June 22nd, 2006, 01:22 PM
chlodoll
ya KFC is pretty disgusting! i always see people protesting about it downtown
June 22nd, 2006, 01:22 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We also boycott any company which tests on animals. Or clothing brands which use fur in their lines. I'd boycott those with leather as well, but I'd never find anything to wear! We don't buy leather though. We also boycott meat. I refuse to eat it while animals suffer.

</div>
June 22nd, 2006, 01:26 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
I boycott companies that perform testing on animals. Colgate/palmolive, proctor and gamble, unilever, loreal, etc, etc. There are quite a few, too many for me to list here. This is a link to which companies test on animals for those who are interested. http://www.caringconsumer.com/pdfs/companiesDoTest.pdf[/b]

Thanks for that website. Johnson & Johnson does it, I can't believe that!

As of right now I boycott Meijer. They think they have to switch the entire store around and do add on's. It was fine the way it was, now everything is moved. I can't find a darn thing and I hate grocery shopping for more time than I now spend doing so.
*I realize that's a stupid reason to boycott something.. but I don't have the time or energy right now
June 22nd, 2006, 01:45 PM
Ashes78
Quote:
Well so far I have no boycotted any products but I do boycott any movies Tom cruise is in. [/b]
June 22nd, 2006, 04:11 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Yeah I boycott American Tv and Appliances. I think they mainly have stores in Wisconsin.
They do not stand behind their products. Well mainly them extended warrantees they sell. We got a big tv for the living room some years back. Dh said get the extended warrantee. As tv parts can cost a lot. I did. 2 years later the tv needed repairs. The extended warrantee was still good. They tell me the part that is broken is not part of the warrantee. Dh said what is broken. They tell him what part. He proves to them it's part of the covered parts. They refused to fix the tv on the warrantee. I moaned very loudly for a manager to come out. Said excuse me why do have a extended warrantee and it does not cover squat. That it says all parts but the picture tube are covered. Oh this and oh that they say. I said then I want my tv back now. They say well it will cost me 20$ to get it back. As that was the service fee for the man to look at it. I said loudly no way. No handling fee was discussed when I brought the tv in. Now other people are looking at me. So the manager says well for 20$ he's up grade the warrantee so the tv would be fixed. I agreed but it was stupid on my part. But I did ask for that broken part back. They said they threw it out already. So I have the feeling they never put a new part in. When the tv did the same thing again. Dh looks at that part. Says oh it's just dirt underneath it that was making something not work. He pulls the part off. Cleaned off the dirt with a small vacuum he uses for cleaning dirt out of his computer keyboard. Another thing on American. They used to offer freebies if you purchased something of a designated price or more. This guy I know goes in with his wife to buy something. Says how much is that vcr. They say oh $$. Yeah but how much is just the vcr not the vcr and this free 10 speed bike your offering. They say oh but the vcr is $$ and the bike is free. He already knew the vcr was a much lower price at another store. Same brand etc. No no no. I don't want the bike. I just want the vcr so how much is it. The sales guy says again no the bike is free with this vcr. So this guy I know pulls out a flyer from another store for the same exact vcr. Shows it is much less and that was the regular price not a sale. The sales guy says well ok I'll sell you the vcr at that cheaper price. Guy friend says ok. I'll buy it. And what about my free bike. The sales guy says Oh that is for purchases of this amount or more. So guy friend says Oh so you jacked up the price of the vcr to include the cost of the bike. That's no freebie. A few other people around him over heard that and started walking away. That sales guy was upset. Says your making my customers go away. Ok you got yourself a free bike. Guy friend proved the point that American over priced products to include the cost of the free item they were giving away.

Also I boycott buying big ticket items from Sears. They too don't stand behind their extended warrantee. I got a reverse osmosis water filter for our kitchen sink. If you got a extended warrantee. It was to give you free replacement filter parts for 3 years. When the first year was up and I needed the new reverse osmosis membrain thing. They said Oh you only get it if a technician feels you need a new one. I said no I got my warrantee right here in my hand. It says I get parts for 3 years. No addition of if the technician says I need them. Just free parts for 3 yrs. So they finally said I had to go to some out of the way place to get my parts. I go get them. Then the second year ends. I ask for my free parts. They refused me again. Inspite of telling them my warrantee says I get them. They said no a technician must come out and see if I need to change my filter parts. So ok a guy comes out. Says no your parts are good. I show him the warrantee. He says well he can't help me with that. He leaves and the trip charge was at their expense. I complain to management and still got no parts the second and 3rd year.
June 22nd, 2006, 07:02 PM
LouLouMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Quote:

[/b]
Double ditto!

Angel~9/12/05~with us for 5 weeks</span></span></span>
June 22nd, 2006, 07:37 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I am glad to see that plenty of you ladies boycott Tom cruise!
June 22nd, 2006, 07:40 PM
LouLouMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
I am glad to see that plenty of you ladies boycott Tom cruise! [/b]
He's a complete ***** and if Katie knew what was good for her, she'd run...quick DH hates him too!

Where did "Maverick" go? I want the old Tom Cruise back

Angel~9/12/05~with us for 5 weeks</span></span></span>
June 22nd, 2006, 07:44 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Tom Cruise is a ##### To bad my husband does not hate him to. He went to see MI3 So I told him I am going to the movies with my sister and brother and law and you get to stay home with Jay.

I think Tom has always been nutty but it got worse when he met Katie.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search