Heres a good debate

Forum: Heated Debates

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Heated Debates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 22nd, 2006, 10:52 AM
brittbratt's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What exactly is considered young and what is old All the debates say "young" mommies and "old" mommies. blah blah blah I mean how does someone judge this I mean seriously. whats "old" to you? 25 and older? 35 older? are you young at 20 but old at 21? I mean I am just seriously trying to see where I "fit" in here!

June 22nd, 2006, 10:55 AM
syncere
lol nice topic !!! It just depends on how you look at it.. A 17 year old might think a 30 year old mother is old or a 45 year old mother might think a 21 year old mother is young.. Im 25 and I dont consider myself to be either or..
June 22nd, 2006, 10:56 AM
brittbratt's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
lol yeah I am 24 so I am like hmmmmmmmm am I old or young

June 22nd, 2006, 10:59 AM
Super Mommy
Hrm...I'm not sure either. I know where *I* stand. I'm 19 (20 in like a week..yahoo!! happy bday to me LOL) anyway, I consider myself a young mother. I do not consider myself a teen mother. I do not consider myself an "older" mother. I don't know what an "older" mother would be....I think it all depends on the persons opinion??

I love being a young mother though Dh and I have always wanted our kids while we were still young ouselves. Well...he feels old (he's ony 22 *rolls eyes*) w/e....We are very very very happy with being young and about to be first time parents
June 22nd, 2006, 11:00 AM
mrobinson
Quote:
What exactly is considered young and what is old All the debates say "young" mommies and "old" mommies. blah blah blah I mean how does someone judge this I mean seriously. whats "old" to you? 25 and older? 35 older? are you young at 20 but old at 21? I mean I am just seriously trying to see where I "fit" in here! [/b]
See this is a good debate!

I'll just use my staple.. There are bad moms on all sides.. age doesn't have a thing to do with loving and raising a child.
June 22nd, 2006, 11:02 AM
Mega Super Mommy
As my grandmother use to say:

"I am young in body and old in mind" (doesn't sound as good in English )

And since that was coming from an 80 year-old woman, you can see where I stand on this issue
June 22nd, 2006, 12:26 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I guess I consider myself to be a young mom (to be). I know that up until 20 you're technically a teenage, but I classify teen moms as being under 18. I'm not sure where I place the old moms. Maybe 30 and older? I don't know lol.
Amanda
June 22nd, 2006, 12:36 PM
CBMS
When I was a kid, I thought 30 was OLD!

Now that I'm 30, my perspective has definitely changed... especially since my husband is 45... he sure ACTS like the youngest in the family.

As far as energy--my husband is 15 years my senior, and he has way more than I do! He boats and works outside and plays rough with the kids...

I guess all the cleaning and diaper changing and stuff wears me out. lol
June 22nd, 2006, 12:40 PM
chlodoll
i consdier a teen mom under 18, and i think a young mom would be from then till about 30, then an "older" mother would be over 35
June 22nd, 2006, 12:40 PM
mrobinson
Quote:
When I was a kid, I thought 30 was OLD!

Now that I'm 30, my perspective has definitely changed... especially since my husband is 45... he sure ACTS like the youngest in the family.

As far as energy--my husband is 15 years my senior, and he has way more than I do! He boats and works outside and plays rough with the kids...

I guess all the cleaning and diaper changing and stuff wears me out. lol[/b]
You have to clean your husbands diaper's already?

J/K!!
June 22nd, 2006, 12:52 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm young, 18, and I think anyone older than I am is.. old?

Not meaning like grandmother old (my mom is a 38 year old grandmother and she is not old) but.. um, yeah. *shrugs and twiddles thumbs*
June 22nd, 2006, 12:55 PM
Boxerlove1's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
i consdier a teen mom under 18, and i think a young mom would be from then till about 30, then an "older" mother would be over 35[/b]

WHEW!!

Still young....

<div align="center"></div>
Agatha Christie</span>
June 22nd, 2006, 01:00 PM
chlodoll
Quote:
Quote:
i consdier a teen mom under 18, and i think a young mom would be from then till about 30, then an "older" mother would be over 35[/b]

WHEW!!

Still young....
[/b]
lol i guess the question is when are you just a mom

maybe:

under 18= teen mom

18 to 25= young mom

25-35= mom

35+= "older" mom

June 22nd, 2006, 01:01 PM
Veteran
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

WHEW!!

Still young....
[/b]

maybe:

under 18= teen mom

18 to 25= young mom

25-35= mom

35+= "older" mom

[/b]

hahaha! I like that! That works for me!
June 22nd, 2006, 01:12 PM
kadydid
I must be a bit of both. I was 18 when I had my first (19 with my second) and was 29 when I had my last baby.
I honestly think there are pluses to both sides. In both sects’ there are bad parents.
June 22nd, 2006, 01:20 PM
Colee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I just turned 22 two days before I had Emily,and was 25 when I had Ryan. I felt young when I had Emily...none of my other friends had children yet. When I had Ryan I felt neither,young or old. I'll be 27 in September and I am beginning to feel old...well not quite,old...but worn out..LOL..but that could have alot to do with just being sick alot. I guess I consider 35 and older to be an older Mom.

</div>

</blockquote>
June 22nd, 2006, 01:26 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I am 21. I do not consider myself an old mom. I consider myself a young adult mom. I know Im not 25, I know I look 12 still (LOL, hey when im 40, I wont be complaining)

All I do know, No matter how many stares I get. No matter how many rude comments I get, I know I am a great, responsible, loving mother, Who cares for her child the best that she possibly can. My child is happy, healthy and smart. That is all that matters.

and Hey, It doesnt hurt to look young either. I remmeber when I was about 35weeks pregnant, I went ot zellers to get soem stuff. I had this lady come up to me and give me a $20 bill. I know she was being sincere but I was still kind of insulted. She wouldnt let me walk away without it so I took it. So hey it can pay off lol.
June 22nd, 2006, 01:31 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
I am 21. I do not consider myself an old mom. I consider myself a young adult mom. I know Im not 25, I know I look 12 still (LOL, hey when im 40, I wont be complaining)[/b]

I hate looking young right now. The only time I looked older was on our wedding day
I feel older because my hair is falling out, heh, stupid weird pregnancy things! Wait, is that a weird pregnancy thing?
June 22nd, 2006, 01:46 PM
Kierasmom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I just turned 28. I don't think I am young or old, just mom.

June 22nd, 2006, 03:00 PM
I'd rather be in Forks
Quote:

maybe:

under 18= teen mom

18 to 25= young mom

25-35= mom

35+= "older" mom

[/b]
Woohoo!! I'm 'just' a mom!! I was a young mom with my first one, and since he was 11 years ago, I was afraid I was going to be an older mom with this one, but I'm not!

I feel so much more prepared for this one though. If that makes me older, that's fine.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search