Ghosts? Not logical right?

Forum: Heated Debates

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

View Poll Results: Have you had a ghost experience?
Yes 12 60.00%
No 7 35.00%
Unsure 1 5.00%
other 0 0%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Heated Debates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 23rd, 2006, 02:50 PM
mrobinson
I thought the poll might be fun.. and you don't have to post if you don't want.

My real reason for posting this? I had a ghost or two bug me and I was totally a non-believer of anything ~ not logical therefore impossble. For those of you who have had a ghostly encounter, what are your thoughts of the bigger picture? Is there a bigger power? Why are the ghosts here?

For those of you who haven't, is it possible to have an impossible encounter? Then why do so many people have them?

Free for all! Have fun girls!
June 23rd, 2006, 02:57 PM
DahliaMarie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Won't get too much into it, but I have always been real sensitive to things like this. Sometimes DF and I will be laying around watching T.V. and I will say out loud "Please give us some alone time" At first DF thought I had lost my mind, but now he knows why I do it. They don't talk to me, or bug me, or follow me. I can just feel their energy around me sometimes. Like I am being watched. The feeling is similar to knowing that the t.v. has been turned on in another room (that fuzzy feeling- does anyone else get that. If not, I guess you are all probably thinking I am weird about now...) Anyway, I am rambling. But the answer is yes, I have had MANY encounters with spirits. I am a firm believer in reincarnation and spirit guides. That loved ones, and sometimes "strangers" come to visit people and places they knew in their past. That inbetween life, as we know it, is another "life" to be lead.

BTW- great topic, mrobinson!

ETA: I just re-read the OP and realized I didn't really answer the question...

<div align="center"></div>
June 23rd, 2006, 03:11 PM
kadydid
I have personally never had a ghost experience. My great grandmother was a spiritual minister, and she spoke to the dead, supposedly. I have heard of other stories in my family about ghost experiences. I have never seen anything in my life that ever pointed to a ghost. But I dont discount them totally. And it is possible, because we are made of energy and that energy must go somewhere.

But people claiming to have experiences with them, is not convincing to me. Back in the day, people claimed they seen unicorns and dragons. Or people who killed because god told them too or what have you. The mind can have an incredible imagination.

I have a question though. If there are spirits running around and Ouija boards are real and people are seeing things and communicating with the dead, what does that say for the idea of heaven and hell? Did Satan let some of the souls out for a phone break? LOL
June 23rd, 2006, 03:21 PM
Cereal Killer's Avatar Aiming for mediocrity
Great discussion Michelle!

My experience isn't mind blowing, but I will never forget it. I was 15 when my Pappaw died of pancreatic cancer, he died in my home in my parent's bedroom (he didn't want to die in the hospital so we brought him home). The day of the funeral, when we returned home, I walked into my mom's room and...I can't explain it....just this rush, it made the hair on the back of my neck stand up. It wasn't scary, it just....it was him, I could smell him...I don't know, I have never tried to explain it or put it in words.

Several years ago I took a meditation class, which really cemented my belief in my personal experience, as well as in my general beliefs in spirits. She taught meditation and also touched on communication with our "spirit guides". She asked me one day if I ever, when alone or in a crowd, hear my name called and realize that nobody is there or is saying my name. This has happened to me (does it ever happen to you?) and I told her yes, she said "these are your guides trying to talk to you, or perhaps warn you....next time it happens, stop what you are doing and listen, meditate and listen". I have since tried to listen to that inner voice a little better, and on those occasions when I hear my name I, now, listen.

June 23rd, 2006, 03:39 PM
mrobinson
Thank you all for sharing so far! I don't think anyone is weird so please voice it! I love this subject as it got me on my spiritual journey.
For fun there is another thread on the spirituality board here.

Anyway, Stacey I think it's awesome you work with your spirit guides.. We have a few on the spirituality board as well as try to recoginze all religions.

I agree that energy has to go somewhere... It sucks because I know there is a higher place and a God yet I can't always agree with Christians on this subject. That said, I don't think all Christians are against or negative towards ghosts.

June 24th, 2006, 12:03 AM
AbbyHannahsMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm not sure this is a Ghost experience or not.. About a year ago my best friend was killed in a car accident. The night it happend I had a dream.. in this dream he came to me and I had a full out conversation with him (in my dream). It wasnt until a couple hours later I got a phone call that he was dead. Not sure what you guys would make of that.

June 24th, 2006, 02:34 AM
greenjeans's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
I'm not sure this is a Ghost experience or not.. About a year ago my best friend was killed in a car accident. The night it happend I had a dream.. in this dream he came to me and I had a full out conversation with him (in my dream). It wasnt until a couple hours later I got a phone call that he was dead. Not sure what you guys would make of that.[/b]
That's them coming through so you know they're ok, before you know they're gone. This happens to me all the time with my family especially

June 25th, 2006, 12:18 AM
AbbyHannahsMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It made me very uneasy for awhile.. but I'm ok now.

June 26th, 2006, 07:20 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I believe, and I have had expreiences. Ia lso belive that my children and my dog see spirits. My baby girl will look at a wall and babble away, wait like she is waiting for a reponse, and then giggle or babble again. All the while the dog will be sitting behind her looking at the exact same blank wall.

They do not spook me, I think some are here because they just don't want to go *yet* As long as they are not haunting me, I don't mind. I would love to know that I could come back and be close to my family until I feel ready to move on and leave them...
June 26th, 2006, 09:21 AM
mrobinson
So again.. if you guys have spiritual beliefs, what is the bigger picture? Why do ghosts stay here or talk to you in the grande scheme according to your beliefs? Are they just visiting from Heaven?
June 26th, 2006, 09:48 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Are they logical..probably not because, as far as we know now, there is only anecdotal evidence that they exist.

But when i think about it...everything we do leaves an imprint on the world. Basic things like finger prints and footprints are the obvious ones. But even things like our smell can trigger memories of us in other people and animals...sometimes smells that are not "us" can trigger those memories (watermellon makes me think of my uncle, for example).

If we leave so many prints on the world, who is to say that a ghost, a print of ourself, couldn't be possible, too?
June 26th, 2006, 09:58 AM
mrobinson
Quote:
Are they logical..probably not because, as far as we know now, there is only anecdotal evidence that they exist.

But when i think about it...everything we do leaves an imprint on the world. Basic things like finger prints and footprints are the obvious ones. But even things like our smell can trigger memories of us in other people and animals...sometimes smells that are not "us" can trigger those memories (watermellon makes me think of my uncle, for example).

If we leave so many prints on the world, who is to say that a ghost, a print of ourself, couldn't be possible, too?[/b]
Exactly! You see, as an atheist, it was easy for me to brush it off.. Once those hairs on the back of my neck went up, I didn't care what lack of evidence there was or wasn't.. I know they're here so it really just becomes believers or non-belivers to me.

I like where you are going with the idea of imprints.. I think everyone has energy and that imprint of energy could stick ~ who knows but I'd rather hear what people say than not discuss it.
June 26th, 2006, 11:32 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I just feel that some people are not ready to leave, they want to oversee something, or they are lost as to direction...it could be a plethora of reasons. I will let you know, Michelle. Just say Babyn2 in your mirror 3 times...if you dare!!

June 26th, 2006, 11:33 AM
mrobinson
June 26th, 2006, 11:34 AM
Mega Super Mommy
and they do have energy. I fully believe that when I lose something and pray to st anthony and then I friggin find it, when I KNOW I looked in that spot a thousand times, that it got there *somehow*. I believe that when things are not quite where you thought you left them, but you blow it off, that is the spirit world, trying to reach out and show you that they are there.

I think everyone has the ability to feel spirits, but I think that most people are too afraid to let it in and hear.

Maybe I sound crazy, but I am a believer. And it gets me through the day, or else I might think sometimes that I really am certifiably insane
June 27th, 2006, 09:38 AM
mrobinson
Quote:
I think everyone has the ability to feel spirits, but I think that most people are too afraid to let it in and hear.[/b]

(I think it ties into that angels thread too!)
June 27th, 2006, 02:45 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I just watched White Noise (by myself like a fool) and I am very interested in finding out about this EVP stuff. Did anyone else see that??
June 27th, 2006, 03:20 PM
mrobinson
I'm too scared too...

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search