The Other People

Forum: Heated Debates

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Heated Debates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 27th, 2006, 11:40 PM
Sunflower_Mommy2003's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
http://www.caw.org/articles/otherpeople.html

If this has been debated before, my apologies...If found it both interesting and humorous. WDYT?

Jen

Click--->Questioning Circumcision?<---Click

Intact Care Board</div>
June 28th, 2006, 09:13 AM
mrobinson
(((I'm one of those who clicked on it... I scanned it but I promise I'll read it later. It looks funny!)))
June 28th, 2006, 09:28 AM
Sunflower_Mommy2003's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It's somewhat humorous but she also delves into the concept that Adam and Eve were not the first people on earth. There are other tribes mentioned in the Bible. And then she theorizes that these 'others' already existed during the Garden of Eden fiasco and that they and their decendents have no 'Origional Sin'. Also, she points out that the Serpent didn't lie...he said the tree would give A&E knowledge; God said it would kill them. Adam lived to be over 900 years old.

Jen

Click--->Questioning Circumcision?<---Click

Intact Care Board</div>
June 28th, 2006, 10:10 AM
kadydid
What this story describes is one of the main reasons I do not believe in the bible. In my head (when I allowed myself to really question it as an adult) I wondered who Cain married when he left, if there were no other people on earth. I assumed Seth and the others had married their sisters even though later on down the road it says that incest is wrong, which seems unlikely to me that god would change his mind on such a big thing. I also questioned Noah’s arc and how the Dinosaurs had played into that, because if behemoth actually was a Dinosaur I would love to see how Noah got every animal that was on the earth at the time (2 of some 7 of others) on the boat and throw in the Dino’s too. Those were my just my first issues and as I got older I really looked into the OT (where as before I focused more on the NT) and was truly saddened by the whole thing. It is a sad thing when someone loses their faith.
June 28th, 2006, 10:15 AM
mrobinson
Quote:
Those were my just my first issues and as I got older I really looked into the OT (where as before I focused more on the NT) and was truly saddened by the whole thing. It is a sad thing when someone loses their faith.[/b]
I'm just going to throw this out there...

We know all Christian religions claim the structure of Christianity is based off of this book. What if the Bible is just a book as a guide (from a 2000 year ago prepective?) What if we have too much emphasis on a book instead of a relationship with the higher power? (You don't have to answer but why lose faith when a book isn't the point of the faith?)
June 28th, 2006, 11:54 AM
kadydid
Quote:
We know all Christian religions claim the structure of Christianity is based off of this book. What if the Bible is just a book as a guide (from a 2000 year ago prepective?) What if we have too much emphasis on a book instead of a relationship with the higher power? (You don't have to answer but why lose faith when a book isn't the point of the faith?)[/b]

I didn’t become an atheist at that moment. I lost my faith in the bible, totally different thing. I was a pretty serious Christian when I was one, and grew up in a home like that. So for me becoming an atheist was a very SLOW transition over time. I have studied over many religions and have not found any truth and am now at the point where I just rely on what I see in reality. I see nothing to worship most miracles can be explained (something’s can never be explained but that is not point to the supernatural). My true views might be more of a natural of pantheistic nature but most people don’t understand that, so I leave it at atheist.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search