Here's your silly paper

Forum: Heated Debates

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Heated Debates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 28th, 2006, 01:20 PM
NaynayPie's Avatar Super Mommy
I've seen more than one pro-circumcision parent post that they've had a real life conversation with a friend/relative/co-worker/complete stranger who tried to convince them to not have their newborn
circumcised and that they responded with something to the effect of "Would you sign this paper saying you're responsible for any problems caused by the foreskin?"

Well, here's MY answer. "! Yeah, I'll sign a paper!" We'll both sign it with impartial witnesses and have it notorized. In fact, here's the paper we'd use. I think that since I would be the one paying any bills, I have the obligation to make sure the paper is in correct order.

I, the parent of the undersigned, do agree to the following conditions:

1. I realize that no one has the need to ever retract, push back, or otherwise manipulate an infant, toddler, or young child's foreskin and that

2. Doing so can cause harm including tears that can lead to infections and further trauma _____ (initial)

3. Further, I am aware that the foreskin is adhered to the glans penis at birth and that

4. It releases slowly, over time, as the child's body matures and that _____ (initial)

5. It also releases unevenly so it may look retractable, but really isn't (futher emphasizing that any retraction by someone other than the boy can cause damage) ______(initial)

6. I also agree to hosting a meeting prior to my son's birth which will be attended by every person who might possibly have contact with my son's penis so that ______________ (my name) can inform them about
the anatomy and physiology of the intact male, and explain proper care of the intact penis ______ (initial)

7. I also agree that ____________ (my name) is allowed to visit any time up to once a week for the first two years and observe a diaper change during the visit to make sure I am following instructions and not
manipulating the foreskin ______ (initial)

If I Refuse to Follow These Simple Instructions:

8. Any problem that arises is completely my responsibility to have remedied and

9. _______ (my name's) obligation for medical costs is completely null and void _______ (initial)

If a Problem Should Arise:

9. I will contact ________(my name) immediately, before taking the child to the doctor unless it is an actual emergency so that she can have time to come to the appointment with us.

10. I will insist that my doctor always try the least invasive treatments first and that

11. He or she do any lab test necessary to ensure the correct diagnoses ______ (initial)

12. If the doctor makes the recommendation to circumcise, ____________ (my name) has the right to choose up to two other doctors for a difference in opinion, and any non-surgical treatment suggested by those doctors must be tried before amputation ___________ (initial)

13. Further, if I do make the decision to have the child circumcised for a medical reason and that medical reason recurs after the circumcision I will completely and without hesitation reimburse ________ (my name)
for any costs incurred by the circumcision ________ (initial)

________________ (my name) ______________________ (impartial witness)

________________ (your name) _________________ (child's name) ______________________ (impartial witness)

________________ (notary public)

Can anyone think of anything else I should add? I like this, I think I'll print some out and put them with my other circumcision information.

IMHO, having someone cut off any part of your healthy newborn's normal and healthy anatomy just because you think it might have a problem one day is, frankly, ridiculous and a huge overreach of parental choice.

Those of us with intact sons who actually know the proper care of the foreskin will agree that none of our sons have had problems with infections. Refer to the thread "How Much Trouble, Really" for more information. Ksvixen has also given statistics on several occaisions from Scandinavia showing that true medically indicated circumcisions happen in fewer than 0.006% of males of any age in the Scandinavian
countries.

~Nay
June 28th, 2006, 02:37 PM
Revamp's Avatar Super Mommy
No suggestions for amendments, perfect.

http://www.observer.org.sz/main.asp?id=182...mp;Section=main
June 28th, 2006, 03:58 PM
Mega Super Mommy
What about some clause about iatrogenic harm?-- often it is the doctors who damage the penis--possibly require a statement from the health provider attesting they will not try to retract?
What about requiring a culture if an infection is claimed--and IF it occurs that the PROVEN effective antibiotic is used?
June 28th, 2006, 08:55 PM
NaynayPie's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
What about some clause about iatrogenic harm?-- often it is the doctors who damage the penis--possibly require a statement from the health provider attesting they will not try to retract?[/b]
Well, I'll be at the doctors with her, so I'll watch for that.

Quote:
What about requiring a culture if an infection is claimed--and IF it occurs that the PROVEN effective antibiotic is used?[/b]

That's already in there.

~Nay

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search