N. Korea fires missiles

Forum: Heated Debates

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Heated Debates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 4th, 2006, 06:31 PM
oicyur's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
"N. Korea long-range missile fails in test launch
Rogue country sends at least five rockets into the Sea of Japan"

This headline got me thinking. If N. Korea sucessfully hit the US with missiles and/or a nuclear bomb would you be in favor of going to war? Didn't similar things get the Iraq war started? Ya know... bombs (planes) killing tons of Americans?
July 4th, 2006, 07:47 PM
Mega Super Mommy
This is a no-brainer for me--if someone attacks us (especially on American soil) then we must go to war to defend ourselves. I doubt that North Korea would be able to successfully hit us with a missile or nuke because I think we would be able to intercept it over the Pacific, but if they even fired one at us, I think we should unleash all we've got at them.

The Iraq war is a slightly different situation--the people who attacked us on September 11 were not themselves Iraqis, but I do believe that Iraq supported their actions, and either assisted in the Sept. 11 attacks (not everyone agrees they did) or would have helped with further attacks against us if we had not taken action. But the MAIN reason we went to war with Iraq was a failure to comply with UN sanctions, and the UN didn't care to take action against them so the US and other nations stepped up to handle it. North Korea also has similar problems complying with UN sanctions against them, but no action has been taken against them yet. Eventually the problem will have to be addressed, probably by us again.

July 4th, 2006, 08:25 PM
Super Mommy
If we were to be hit by a bomb, I'd say "get em".

I THINK (because I'm not all too informed in the war) the reason there is so much controversy about Iraq is because 9/11 and "who did what" and "why" is so sketcy.
July 5th, 2006, 07:58 AM
Lash's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
our own intelligence says it has the cabilities of hitting us, and they've fired even more today
whether we shoot it down or not, this has the potential for turning pretty nasty

July 5th, 2006, 08:03 AM
mommywannabe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh just drop a bomb on 'em, like the whole country.........lets just take
'em all out at once and then we wont have to worry about going to war and all the stuff.

KIDDING!!!!!!!!! I'M KIDDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please, put your stones and pitchforks away, it was just a little humor!!!

Honestly, after DH told me about the missles being launched yesterday morning, I started worrying. All these things started going through my head, like, ya know, all the 'what ifs' and stuff like that. My second reaction, after internally freaking out, was telling DH that we were packing our stuff and moving to Canada! haha. Seriously, that is what I told him. He laughed at me, but he thinks I am joking!! No one messes with Canada! They dont cause any trouble and they arent joining any wars. He can stay here if he wants, but if he's smart he'll follow me!! lmao.............oh!!! And incase you couldnt tell, there was a slight bit of humor in that last part too. hehe. I am feeling kinda silly today, but dont want anyone to take anything to wrong way because we all know that we arent all on the same page sometimes. haha.

Have a good day guys!
casey

July 5th, 2006, 08:33 AM
oicyur's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Oh just drop a bomb on 'em, like the whole country.........lets just take
'em all out at once and then we wont have to worry about going to war and all the stuff.[/b]
LOL I agree!

Have any of you ever studied N Korea and all the crazy stuff that goes on there? My husband lived in S Korea for several years and has shown me some crazy documenteries on N Korea. They really hate America and sooo communist! It kind of scares me that they're launching missiles because I believe they are just crazy enough to hit the US. Crazy stuff.

Quote:
This is a no-brainer for me--if someone attacks us (especially on American soil) then we must go to war to defend ourselves. I doubt that North Korea would be able to successfully hit us with a missile or nuke because I think we would be able to intercept it over the Pacific, but if they even fired one at us, I think we should unleash all we've got at them.[/b]
This is one thing I don't get. After 9/11 everyone was so furious and like, "Get them!!!" and then we go to war and after a couple of months people start protesting against the war. Is it because people forgot that we were attacked and we had very valid reasons for going to war? It confuses me.
July 5th, 2006, 10:27 AM
Momo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well you know the good thing is recently, Japan has allowed us into their country for the first time to put defense missiles. So if N. Korea tries anything we have missiles right there to take care of it right away.

Clara's here! 5/13/11

I love my two handsome boys!!!
Jetty - 8/06
Jude - 9/08

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search