Heaven and Hell

Forum: Heated Debates

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Heated Debates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 5th, 2006, 02:17 PM
Super Mommy
As stated before, I know NOTHING of Christianity. Well..the basics, but that BASICALLY amts to a pile of poo...so... I ask questions As also stated before NOTHING I SAY IN THIS POST is meant to offend anyone.

When you die it's believed you go to Heaven or Hell correct?

What is in Heaven? Like, what do you do? Do you see other family members? Do you see all ppl who have passed and gone to Heaven? Do you meet God?
What is done in Hell? What do you do there?

I have SO many more questions, but I don't think I'd be able to ask them without knowing the answers to these questions first.
July 5th, 2006, 02:27 PM
mrobinson
Quote:
When you die it's believed you go to Heaven or Hell correct?[/b]
kinda

Quote:
What is in Heaven? Like, what do you do? Do you see other family members? Do you see all ppl who have passed and gone to Heaven? Do you meet God?
What is done in Hell? What do you do there?[/b]
I think Hell is a made up place made to trap people into guilt.. However, I do think many people can and do create their own Hell here on Earth. I think there are options.. You can come back right away, you can go nowhere, you can stay here on Earth as a ghost or you can go to the bigger place that would be pretty close to what others call Heaven. I think we are all spirits.. so we if we do to the other side then we get to see all the spirits again... if they've moved on to Earth, we can visit them. I think Heaven is energy and the source of energy.. I think it works with the Earth but I don't know how yet.

Quote:
I have SO many more questions, but I don't think I'd be able to ask them without knowing the answers to these questions first.[/b]
if you want.. I'll answer them!
July 5th, 2006, 02:47 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
As stated before, I know NOTHING of Christianity. Well..the basics, but that BASICALLY amts to a pile of poo...so... I ask questions As also stated before NOTHING I SAY IN THIS POST is meant to offend anyone.

When you die it's believed you go to Heaven or Hell correct?

What is done in Hell? What do you do there?

I have SO many more questions, but I don't think I'd be able to ask them without knowing the answers to these questions first.[/b]
I think that Heaven is what you want it to be. It might be different for everyone. I expect it will be a happy place, where everyone is at peace (with themselves and others). I believe I'll be reuinited with those that I love. I do believe I'll get to meet God or at least be in his presence differently than I am here on earth. As for hell...I'd rather not go there, literally. The way I see it what people "do" there is suffer. I don't imagine it's a fiery place where you "burn" but I think it's a place where you'd be completely miserable for eternity.

And, I could be totally wrong about both...but that's my belief.

July 5th, 2006, 02:51 PM
mrobinson
Quote:
And, I could be totally wrong about both...but that's my belief. [/b]
OT~ I have a sweet old boss.. He's a Christian. He said to me one day that if he's wrong, he sure hopes Buddha or whichever God there may be, will smile at him as say " at least you tried your hardest to be a good person." I always think about him when I hear anyone question their idea of Heaven and if they're right.
July 5th, 2006, 03:43 PM
chlodoll
I am not religious but my Dh is muslim so I will try to answer it from his prospective, if I am wrong someone correct me!

In Islam when you die your soul is still concious in your grave. DH says that you will have a feeling if you are going to heaven or hell. If you are going to heaven you will feel comfortable and relaxed if ytou are going to hell you feel uncomfortable, claustrophobic etc. You dont goto to heaven or hell till after judgment day. Judgement day is 40 years after the world ends. When you are waiting to be judged all your sins are displayed on your body. So if you were a liar you may have a big tongue, or if you were promisicous you will have huge genitals. If you had any children who died before the age of 5 they will be bringing you water while you wait and if you had any abortions your aborted children will be there awell and they will be 32. everyone in heaven is 32. Some devout muslims skip judgment. I forget what they are called but its when they have a mark on their forhead from praying so much! DH's dad has one so he'll get to skip the line lol You meet God at your judgement. There are also people who skip judgment and go straight to hell (Anyone who doesnt follow Islam).In heaven you can do anything you want. You can even relive your life (thats what DH wants to do!). You can do the things you were not supposed to do on earth. Pretty much anything goes. You will see all your family and everyone you knew who is in heaven aswell. I dont know to much about what goes on in hell. I will have to ask!
July 5th, 2006, 05:35 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
I am not religious but my Dh is muslim so I will try to answer it from his prospective, if I am wrong someone correct me!

In Islam when you die your soul is still concious in your grave. DH says that you will have a feeling if you are going to heaven or hell. If you are going to heaven you will feel comfortable and relaxed if ytou are going to hell you feel uncomfortable, claustrophobic etc. You dont goto to heaven or hell till after judgment day. Judgement day is 40 years after the world ends. When you are waiting to be judged all your sins are displayed on your body. So if you were a liar you may have a big tongue, or if you were promisicous you will have huge genitals. If you had any children who died before the age of 5 they will be bringing you water while you wait and if you had any abortions your aborted children will be there awell and they will be 32. everyone in heaven is 32. Some devout muslims skip judgment. I forget what they are called but its when they have a mark on their forhead from praying so much! DH's dad has one so he'll get to skip the line lol You meet God at your judgement. There are also people who skip judgment and go straight to hell (Anyone who doesnt follow Islam).In heaven you can do anything you want. You can even relive your life (thats what DH wants to do!). You can do the things you were not supposed to do on earth. Pretty much anything goes. You will see all your family and everyone you knew who is in heaven aswell. I dont know to much about what goes on in hell. I will have to ask![/b]
That's really interesting. I love learning about what other people believe. Why the age of 32? I am 33 right now and don't think of 32 as all that special! Do you know why everyone in Heaven is 32??

July 5th, 2006, 05:43 PM
GirLStaR's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I believe when we die we stay dead until Jesus comes back and we're judged, then ( I don't know how he will judge) he'll choose who goes to heaven, and those who don't, their souls will be destroyed. I don't believe in hell. I think heaven is a place where everyone will be happy and its something we all can't imagine.
July 5th, 2006, 08:03 PM
brittbratt's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Where do we go after we die?

Death is not the end. Death is really a beginning—another step forward in Heavenly Father’s plan for His children.

Someday, like everyone else, your life on Earth will end and your physical body will die. But your spirit will not die. At the time of physical death, your spirit will go to the spirit world, where you will continue to learn and progress.

Death is a necessary step in your progression, just as your birth was. Sometime after your death, your spirit and your body will be reunited—never to be separated again. This is called resurrection, and it was made possible by the death and Resurrection of Jesus Christ.

What is “heaven” like?

Heaven is the place where God lives and the future home of those who follow Him. The hope of our Heavenly Father and the goal of each person on this earth is to return to live with Him. This means that the opportunity to return to our Heavenly Father has been provided through the grace of our Savior, Jesus Christ.

After we are resurrected we will be judged and rewarded for the things we have done in this life.

Jesus Christ taught His Apostles that in His Father’s house are “many mansions” (John 14:2). Our loving Heavenly Father is anxious to reward all of His children according to their obedience to His commandments and their willingness to follow the Savior.

Those who do these things and are worthy to return to the presence of God and Christ become “heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ” (Romans 8:17) of all that the Father has. They will return to live with Heavenly Father and with their families in His eternal glory.

Those who choose not to follow our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ will receive a reward according to what they have done in this life, but they will not enjoy the glory of living in the presence of God.

What happens to families after death?

Families can be together forever—not just for this life.

Just as some of life’s sweetest joys can come through family associations, the loss of a beloved family member can be a source of our deepest sorrows.

But death does not need to be the end of our relationships with cherished loved ones. The Lord revealed to the Prophet Joseph Smith that the “same sociality which exists among us here will exist among us there [in eternity], only it will be coupled with eternal glory” (Doctrine and Covenants 130:2).

Family members who accept the Atonement of Jesus Christ and follow His example can be together forever through sacred sealing ordinances performed in God’s holy temples.

Life does not begin at birth, nor does it end at death.

You are a child of God with a divine nature and a divine destiny. You lived with Him as a spirit before you were born. God sent you to Earth to receive a body and gain the experiences you need to return to Him.

If you are to return to live with Him eternally, you must keep His commandments, accept Jesus Christ’s Atonement, and follow His example while you are on Earth.

Sooner or later your life on Earth will end, and you will die. But because Jesus Christ conquered death, your spirit and your body will be reunited, never to be separated again. Then, if you have done what you came to Earth to do, you can return to live with your Heavenly Father.

Also when you go to heaven you will be in your perfect form, those who have lost their eyesight or body parts will recieve them. Also anyone born handicapped will be perfect again. Not one hair from your head will be lost! You will be at your healthiest and live that way forever and ever. You will never feel pain or suffering.

as for Hell, I cant really explain it. I believe its black as black (not the hot firey place with a devil with a pitchfork and horns ) I believe you wont see anyone but wallow in your misery and all the sins you commited. What a terrible place to live for ever and ever and ever! I certainly dont plan on going there!

July 5th, 2006, 09:58 PM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Where do we go after we die?

Death is not the end. Death is really a beginning—another step forward in Heavenly Father’s plan for His children.

Someday, like everyone else, your life on Earth will end and your physical body will die. But your spirit will not die. At the time of physical death, your spirit will go to the spirit world, where you will continue to learn and progress.

Death is a necessary step in your progression, just as your birth was. Sometime after your death, your spirit and your body will be reunited—never to be separated again. This is called resurrection, and it was made possible by the death and Resurrection of Jesus Christ.

What is “heaven” like?

Heaven is the place where God lives and the future home of those who follow Him. The hope of our Heavenly Father and the goal of each person on this earth is to return to live with Him. This means that the opportunity to return to our Heavenly Father has been provided through the grace of our Savior, Jesus Christ.

After we are resurrected we will be judged and rewarded for the things we have done in this life.

Jesus Christ taught His Apostles that in His Father’s house are “many mansions” (John 14:2). Our loving Heavenly Father is anxious to reward all of His children according to their obedience to His commandments and their willingness to follow the Savior.

Those who do these things and are worthy to return to the presence of God and Christ become “heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ” (Romans 8:17) of all that the Father has. They will return to live with Heavenly Father and with their families in His eternal glory.

Those who choose not to follow our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ will receive a reward according to what they have done in this life, but they will not enjoy the glory of living in the presence of God.

What happens to families after death?

Families can be together forever—not just for this life.

Just as some of life’s sweetest joys can come through family associations, the loss of a beloved family member can be a source of our deepest sorrows.

But death does not need to be the end of our relationships with cherished loved ones. The Lord revealed to the Prophet Joseph Smith that the “same sociality which exists among us here will exist among us there [in eternity], only it will be coupled with eternal glory” (Doctrine and Covenants 130:2).

Family members who accept the Atonement of Jesus Christ and follow His example can be together forever through sacred sealing ordinances performed in God’s holy temples.

Life does not begin at birth, nor does it end at death.

You are a child of God with a divine nature and a divine destiny. You lived with Him as a spirit before you were born. God sent you to Earth to receive a body and gain the experiences you need to return to Him.

If you are to return to live with Him eternally, you must keep His commandments, accept Jesus Christ’s Atonement, and follow His example while you are on Earth.

Sooner or later your life on Earth will end, and you will die. But because Jesus Christ conquered death, your spirit and your body will be reunited, never to be separated again. Then, if you have done what you came to Earth to do, you can return to live with your Heavenly Father.

Also when you go to heaven you will be in your perfect form, those who have lost their eyesight or body parts will recieve them. Also anyone born handicapped will be perfect again. Not one hair from your head will be lost! You will be at your healthiest and live that way forever and ever. You will never feel pain or suffering.

as for Hell, I cant really explain it. I believe its black as black (not the hot firey place with a devil with a pitchfork and horns ) I believe you wont see anyone but wallow in your misery and all the sins you commited. What a terrible place to live for ever and ever and ever! I certainly dont plan on going there![/b]
Ty for letting me see it from your perspective

In order to get into Heaven, you musn't sin right?
July 6th, 2006, 04:35 AM
brittbratt's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
No..... everyone sins! You will still make it to heaven IF you repent of your sins! Thats what is so great about Heavenly Fathers plan. And that is why Jesus suffered on the cross. As he hung there he felt every pain, sorrow, sin and suffering, so that we may remember him and know he died for us, that our sins would be forgiven us if we truelly repent. Thats where prayer comes in. I kneel down everyday morning and night and thank Heavenly Father for all I have been given and ask forgiveness for all my wrong doings. No person that ever lives will go to heaven perfect and without sin.

July 6th, 2006, 08:18 AM
Super Mommy
I find that sad. Lets make this man suffer so we don't have to take responsibility for our actions as long as we say "Sorry".... Sorry just isn't enough.

I know this isn't what you said, but this is how I interpret it and how I see it...and I don't agree with that.
July 6th, 2006, 09:00 AM
mrobinson
Quote:
I find that sad. Lets make this man suffer so we don't have to take responsibility for our actions as long as we say "Sorry".... Sorry just isn't enough.

I know this isn't what you said, but this is how I interpret it and how I see it...and I don't agree with that.[/b]
I'm not really a follower of the Christian faith, although I do believe in a high power.. I think the idea of repenting is really bigger. Sure there are lots of people who just go through the motions but I think the truth behind a repent is understanding the gravity of the sin, respecting and owning the sin, having feelings of remorse, and apologizing in fullness. (You know, not those kind kids do ~Mom says "say you're sorry..." ((long pause)) Kid (inauditable) "sorry."

If your soul is really sorry, God knows.
July 6th, 2006, 09:31 AM
chlodoll
Quote:
If your soul is really sorry, God knows. [/b]
I agree. You have to feel truly remorseful for your actions. I say sorry so often it doesnt mean anything sometimes.
July 6th, 2006, 11:09 AM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Quote:

I know this isn't what you said, but this is how I interpret it and how I see it...and I don't agree with that.[/b]
I'm not really a follower of the Christian faith, although I do believe in a high power.. I think the idea of repenting is really bigger. Sure there are lots of people who just go through the motions but I think the truth behind a repent is understanding the gravity of the sin, respecting and owning the sin, having feelings of remorse, and apologizing in fullness. (You know, not those kind kids do ~Mom says "say you're sorry..." ((long pause)) Kid (inauditable) "sorry."

If your soul is really sorry, God knows.
[/b]
Mmmm gotcha. It just takes a little more explaining and analogy to get me to understand somethings.. LOL!! Ty.
July 6th, 2006, 11:21 AM
mrobinson
Quote:
Mmmm gotcha. It just takes a little more explaining and analogy to get me to understand somethings.. LOL!! Ty.[/b]
No worries.. I think it can work for atheists in the same way.. but instead of answering to a God, your heart tells you if you are really sorry.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search