Self Defense

Forum: Heated Debates

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Heated Debates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 5th, 2006, 10:18 PM
Super Mommy
Should the law punish those who use force to defend themselves against criminal acts?

Nope. If I in any way feel that my life/body or my childrens/families life/bodies are in danger I will do whatever necessary to protect us.

Some argue that "but it's not neccessary to do THAT is it?"...well, let me put it this way.
If I have some man coming after me, the first thing I'm going to think is rape/murder....and without asking them what their intentions are with me (lol), I'd try my hardest to kill them. I wouldn't exactly have time to stop and say "ok, now lets evaluate this situation and see what I could do best to protect myself"...

Again. No I don't think that anyone should be punished for using force in self defense.
July 6th, 2006, 05:55 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I think NOT!

I'll never get the people who I hear saying "I could never take another person's life--no matter what the situation." I wouldn't just walk up and assault or kill somebody on the street, but if someone breaks down my door or jumps into my car with me, I will do whatever it takes to protect myself and my children, and if the criminal dies in the process--TOO DARN BAD!

July 6th, 2006, 06:02 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
I think NOT!

I'll never get the people who I hear saying "I could never take another person's life--no matter what the situation." I wouldn't just walk up and assault or kill somebody on the street, but if someone breaks down my door or jumps into my car with me, I will do whatever it takes to protect myself and my children, and if the criminal dies in the process--TOO DARN BAD![/b]
My thoughts exactly! Dh and I were talking about this the other day. The way laws are now, you'd end up being tried for murder or assult, for protection yourself, family, house, whatever. I'm personally not going to wait for something bad to happen. If you break into my house, or jump into my car; i'm going to assume the worst - thats human insitnct. I'm not going to assume that somebody who broke into my house, just wants to sit down for coffee or something!
July 6th, 2006, 06:04 AM
Brandy81
If you walk in my house uninvited you are not walking out unscathed. And I will happily go to jail knowing I did the right thing.
July 6th, 2006, 06:42 AM
Ashes78
Quote:
Quote:
I think NOT!

I'll never get the people who I hear saying "I could never take another person's life--no matter what the situation." I wouldn't just walk up and assault or kill somebody on the street, but if someone breaks down my door or jumps into my car with me, I will do whatever it takes to protect myself and my children, and if the criminal dies in the process--TOO DARN BAD![/b]
My thoughts exactly! Dh and I were talking about this the other day. The way laws are now, you'd end up being tried for murder or assult, for protection yourself, family, house, whatever. I'm personally not going to wait for something bad to happen. If you break into my house, or jump into my car; i'm going to assume the worst - thats human insitnct. I'm not going to assume that somebody who broke into my house, just wants to sit down for coffee or something!
[/b]
I would do whatever I had to to protect my kids. I wouldn't even have to think about it, it would be an automatic reaction.
July 6th, 2006, 08:47 AM
mrobinson
Quote:
"I could never take another person's life--no matter what the situation."[/b]
Well, I don't believe in the death penalty but if someone is trying to hurt me, my kids or my husband ~ God be with them because I have a rage that only the devil can understand.
July 6th, 2006, 10:11 AM
baccalynnwv's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Should the law punish those who use force to defend themselves against criminal acts?[/b]

I am going to take a self defense course as soon as I can. If another man tries to make me do anything I don't want to do - they are going to get beat up on the spot, no questions asked.

Having been through what I have been through lately, if someone even enters my house unwanted, they better hope I haven't bought a gun yet. Cause I am aiming and pulling the trigger. I'm not going to give them the chance to get out of the house, the chance scream, the chance to explain them selves, or the chance to distract me. Nothing. If they die in the course of action, so be it.

I don't think I should be punished for protecting myself and think the system is very wrong in doing that to people. If people were not given second chances to be idiots (Going to jail and paying a consequence rather than just sending people to anger management or giving them parole), maybe the crime rate regarding domestic violence and such would go down.

<div align="center"></div>

<div align="center">Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it. Proverbs 22:6</div>
July 6th, 2006, 10:19 AM
syncere
I dont think you should be prosecuted for protecting your family.. If someone broke into my house I would protect my family.. I wouldnt go out of my way to kill the guy.. I sure as he|| would shoot him in the kneecaps and call the police.. lol wheres he gonna go with bullets in his knees? No where..
July 6th, 2006, 10:36 PM
irishxrose
Quote:
Quote:
"I could never take another person's life--no matter what the situation."[/b]
Well, I don't believe in the death penalty but if someone is trying to hurt me, my kids or my husband ~ God be with them because I have a rage that only the devil can understand.
[/b]

I will protect my family at all costs.
July 6th, 2006, 10:47 PM
kadydid
Quote:
I think NOT!

ITA!
July 7th, 2006, 08:51 AM
Cereal Killer's Avatar Aiming for mediocrity
Quote:
I think NOT!

I have a gun and I will use it if I ever feel the lives of my children or myself is in danger. A burglar, rapist, or muderer may walk into my home, but they will be leaving on a stretcher. I will protect my family at any cost, whether that price tag be my life or someone else's.

July 7th, 2006, 03:00 PM
whitlovesoak's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
yes i would do anything necesary to protect myself and family including kill the attacker. i wouldn't just shoot out their knee caps either. then they could testify and lie. i would aim for the head and i wouldn't miss.

</div>
July 7th, 2006, 03:07 PM
mrobinson
You girls know how I'm all about equality, right? Well, I think as women we'd get less of a charge and conviction than say our dh/so 's would. Do you agree or disagree?
July 7th, 2006, 07:16 PM
cbrmommy's Avatar Veteran
Quote:
You girls know how I'm all about equality, right? Well, I think as women we'd get less of a charge and conviction than say our dh/so 's would. Do you agree or disagree?[/b]
We probably would! LOL! Im all for self defense. In my local mommies group, we have a member that teaches free self defense classes. We do them once a week. It not only helps us to be able to defend ourselves, but its great exercise adn helps keep us in shape as well!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search