Scary Update on my rapist Super!

Forum: Heated Debates

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Heated Debates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 8th, 2006, 04:52 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I know this isn't a debate but since some of you seemed to be concerned about my situation with the rapist super, I thought I would give you an update. Last night I had a very scary encounter...I had been staying at a friends house, but was not able to last night so I decided to risk it and stay at the apartment. Well, my roomate Jessica came home, and was really upset because apparently the super had grabbed her and tried to hug and kiss her when she was in the hallway (while she was holding her 7 month old son nonetheless) She had left some laundry outside and was too upset to even get it. So I went out to get it, and lo and behold, there he is. He started to approach me making lewd comments and try to grab me, and I basically stopped him and said please don't, your making me and my roommate really uncomfortable with the way you’re acting and it’s not polite to grab people…so he starts flipping out and follows me to my apartment, saying that I was a ##### and how dare I talk to him like that etc etc…I tried to close the door but he wouldn’t let me. He was screaming at me and my roommate calling us lying ###### #####, every name in the book basically and said he was going to call the roommate and get evicted-I was scared out of my mind so I basically just kept apologizing and saying that he was right, don’t worry about it, just drop it etc. I have never been more scared in my life-he was obviously high and the look in his eyes was pure evil. I could feel the fear his victim(s) must have felt when he assaulted them because this man had just blackness, pure evil in his eyes like nothing I have ever seen before. When I finaly got the door shut and locked it, I immediately called my stepfather (who just so happens to be a big scary black guy!) and told him to come over -at that point we had decided to go to the police but we didn’t want to have them come to the house because we didn’t want any more problems with him. Well, while we were waiting, the super called the house and left 2 threatening messages where he admitted that he had touched my roommate and said that since she was such a little #### about it he was going to get her and me evicted, get us back for giving him additude, and called both of us every name in the book. Then he started pounding on the door, screaming and cussing at us to open the door. Same thing, same threats, etc…then he called 2 more times. So at this point we had already called the cops. Well they took about an hour to get here for some ungodly reason, but in the meantime we heard him arguing with another woman in the hallway. My roommate went out to get her so that she could back up the story to the police, and it turns out he was harassing her too. She actually had seen the registry and knew about the conviction for rape and said that he does this to every woman in the building-he tries to sleep with them and if they wont he tries to get them evicted, comes into their apartment for no reason, basically makes their life a living hell. Another woman my stepfather later talked to said the same thing. So, to make a long story short, the cops were ineffective as always (no offense to any cops, just around here they tend to not care about people who live in my neighborhood) and he said all he could do is give him a citation for disorderly conduct and if we wanted to we could file a restraining order, but that they couldn’t arrest him…So I basically flipped out and said that wasn’t acceptable, that I did not feel safe and said this man has a conviction for first degree rape (which he mistakenly read as statutory rape) and I wanted him arrested…so then my stepdad came over with my mom and my stepdad cornered the guy and told him that he would kill him if he ever so much as looked at me or my roommate…and then the cop ended up getting in touch with the supers parole officer and turns out even having keys to peoples apartments was a violation of his parole, let alone the harassment, so he went to jail last night, but his girlfriend apparently bailed him out this morning! So, basically this has been happening to other people for a while but no one came forward or stood up to him before, but now that the wheels are in motion more people are coming forward and it looks like at the very least he will be evicted, and hopefully he will be going back to jail for a looong time! Just for kicks, here's his listing
http://www.sor.state.ct.us/pls/sor/wsor...442&Z_CHK=33597
Scary huh? And the cop said he had one of the longest rap sheets he had ever seen-this is a cop in one of the worst areas of CT too!

Ladies, I am telling you, if you haven’t already CHECK THE REGISTERY! I shudder to think what would have happened if I didn’t know…I would have never in a million years believed he was capable of this, and after seeing him the way he was last night, I am sick to my stomach knowing that an animal like this was allowed to not only live and breath, but have access to peoples residences…I am a survivor of rape myself and I never want any of you to have to go through that-it’s always better to be safe than sorry!
July 8th, 2006, 04:57 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I am so relieved that he got kicked from the complex! I've been thinking about your situation a lot and hoping that something would be done soon. Hopefully he will move far away! Are you considering the restraining order at all? or do you think he will just go and be done with it?
July 8th, 2006, 05:01 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
I am so relieved that he got kicked from the complex! I've been thinking about your situation a lot and hoping that something would be done soon. Hopefully he will move far away! Are you considering the restraining order at all? or do you think he will just go and be done with it?[/b]
He actually hasn't been kicked out yet...but the landlord is going to have a #### storm to deal with on Monday, so I'm pretty confident he will be. I am filing a restraining order, as is my roomate, and my parents put 2 new locks on the door last night...I bought some pepper spray today and I'm looking into getting a gun (I need one in my neighborhood anyways)
BTW thanks for being concerned
July 8th, 2006, 05:03 PM
mrobinson

HOLLY ####!!!!!

((gulp))
July 8th, 2006, 05:06 PM
Cereal Killer's Avatar Aiming for mediocrity
WOW! That would scare the [email protected] out of me! In most states the threat of physical violence or fear of physical harm is a reason to break your lease! I would definitely get a gun if I were you! I really hope that they remove him from your complex for your safety and the safety others.
Wow....that is just scary!

July 8th, 2006, 05:11 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Oh yeah, we are breaking our lease and moving...the complex is not safe anyways, it is across the street from a housing project, and there is huge drug/gang activity here. Not to mention some lovely people are calling us snitches for calling the cops on him and giving us ####. I will NOT be raising my daughter around this thank you! The thing is though, we have to wait for my roomate to get her deposit back and find a place b4 we can move...I'm hoping he's gone immediately but I know how long the eviction process can take so I'm prepared for the fact that we might be in uncomfortably close quarters for some time...

ETA apparently it is ok to grope a young mother with her baby in her arms and threaten people, but his arrestable offense was holding the door open
July 8th, 2006, 05:19 PM
Quote:
Oh yeah, we are breaking our lease and moving...the complex is not safe anyways, it is across the street from a housing project, and there is huge drug/gang activity here. Not to mention some lovely people are calling us snitches for calling the cops on him and giving us ####. I will NOT be raising my daughter around this thank you! The thing is though, we have to wait for my roomate to get her deposit back and find a place b4 we can move...I'm hoping he's gone immediately but I know how long the eviction process can take so I'm prepared for the fact that we might be in uncomfortably close quarters for some time...

ETA apparently it is ok to grope a young mother with her baby in her arms and threaten people, but his arrestable offense was holding the door open [/b]
Get a gun! Every single girl should own a gun!
My DH is a gun expert if you need any help in figuring out what would be right for you. He gave me a .38 handheld, its cute, titanium cast with a pearl handle, it only weighs a few ounces and just point and shoot.

July 8th, 2006, 05:33 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Wow that would scare the crap out of me... I hate how the police let so much crap just slide! That is extremely dangerous for you tho expecially being pregnant and your roomate having a baby already.. Ugh I hate perverted men! And what kind of girlfriend would he have?!?!

Yea you should consider moving definently soon as possible! I just can't believe that guy wasn't arrested? I mean what does it take? Would he have to actually rape you before they do anything? That's so freaking stupid!

I would definently keep the tapes on your recorder where he was cussing you and calling repeatedly.. seems like that would be harrasment to me!

Sounds like you're in a crappy situation and he's getting the best of it.. That really pisses me off... Men like that shouldn't be allowed to have penises..
July 8th, 2006, 07:25 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Wow! You did great with that whole situation! Good job for being so tough! I'm glad you updated because I was going to post and ask about you tonight.

Definitely break the lease and clear out now, because he knows where you live! I hope his girlfriend is very happy with him because it sounds like they really deserve each other. Can you press charges against him personally? If so I would. It might not be worth it, but I myself would probably be willing to spend the rest of my life to make sure someone like him pays and pays and pays.

July 8th, 2006, 07:34 PM
Chunky Monkey's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am so sorry for everything you are going through. Especially the helpless feeling of knowing the police won't do a thing for you. Hopefully he will be evicted out and be going to jail and that way you & your roomate can go on with your lives. I hope you can get this resolved soon so you do not feel like you are in danger anymore.

July 8th, 2006, 07:36 PM
mommywannabe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had been wondering about you too. I am glad you got the wheels in motion, but sorry that it took him being that way with you and your room mate to get things moving.
Anyway, stay safe and let us know how things go, I will keep
you in my thoughts!!

casey

July 8th, 2006, 07:50 PM
Mega Super Mommy
wow I really hope they do something soon, thats crazy. I was just looking at the registry, I wish we had one of those!

As for the gun thing, out of curiosity can anyone own a gun in the U.S? like how does it work. Im asking not in an ignorant way or anything I guess being in Canada you never hear of people "getting guns". Im just curious because its foreign to me! Some places I lived I wish that was available.

July 8th, 2006, 08:08 PM
Veteran
Wow. You did the right thing. I'm so glad you all are ok. I would have been scared spitless. I think it's a good idea that you move, since he still knows where you live and may be angry now. The new locks and pepper spray and all are a great idea. So glad you are ok!!
July 9th, 2006, 09:41 AM
Boxerlove1's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sometimes the poo has to hit the fan before anything is done. I'm glad you guys are moving. Hopefully the other residents will realize what a menace this guy is and be thankful that you all helped to get rid of him.

Even if they dont - screw em' - you're moving!!!

<div align="center"></div>
Agatha Christie</span>
July 9th, 2006, 10:01 AM
Quote:
As for the gun thing, out of curiosity can anyone own a gun in the U.S?[/b]
Pretty much, as long as you are of age and do not have any restrictions placed because of probation/parole. The right to bear arms is protected by The Constitution and I, for one, exercise my right!

July 9th, 2006, 07:29 PM
mrobinson
Quote:
My DH is a gun expert if you need any help in figuring out what would be right for you. He gave me a .38 handheld, its cute, titanium cast with a pearl handle, it only weighs a few ounces and just point and shoot.[/b]
Quote:
Pretty much, as long as you are of age and do not have any restrictions placed because of probation/parole. The right to bear arms is protected by The Constitution and I, for one, exercise my right! [/b]

Famous words of a gun-toting Republican American.. oy vey.
July 9th, 2006, 07:51 PM
Quote:
Quote:
My DH is a gun expert if you need any help in figuring out what would be right for you. He gave me a .38 handheld, its cute, titanium cast with a pearl handle, it only weighs a few ounces and just point and shoot.[/b]
Quote:
Pretty much, as long as you are of age and do not have any restrictions placed because of probation/parole. The right to bear arms is protected by The Constitution and I, for one, exercise my right! [/b]

[/b]

July 9th, 2006, 08:43 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Holy ######! First I am proud of you for taking action. I can not even begin to imagine how scared you were.

A little off topic.. You said you are not going to raise your daughter in your neighboorhood. So I am guess you found out you are having a girl?
July 9th, 2006, 09:37 PM
~Jess~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

[/b]

[/b]
OMG-I can't stop laughing.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search