Have you seen this Hummer commercial?

Forum: Heated Debates

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Heated Debates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 11th, 2006, 07:40 PM
tonyarn's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It starts at a playground. Little boys are lined up to go down the slide. 2 mothers are there. One little boy cuts in front of a boy who is waiting. The mother says her son was next. The "nasty" mother says: "Well my son is next now."

When her son gets down the slide, the mother grabs his hand, drags him to her little car. They head for the Hummer dealership, she points to the Hummer she wants, signs the papers, fastens seat belts and drives away.

That's the end of the commercial.

So everyone who's put upon and shut out on the playground, run to your nearest Hummer dealership and buy one, so you can feel superior too.

What is this teaching our children?!

Benjamin 2/2/09

***site contains pictures***
I have 3 angels waiting for me in heaven.
July 11th, 2006, 07:50 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Well, Hummer has already mastered killing the environment, destroying infrastructure (well, all big cars tear up roads), and finding tax loopholes (you get more tax breaks for owning a Hummer than a feul efficient/electric car)...why not move on to conquering family values?
July 11th, 2006, 07:54 PM
mrobinson
Quote:
Well, Hummer has already mastered killing the environment, destroying infrastructure (well, all big cars tear up roads), and finding tax loopholes (you get more tax breaks for owning a Hummer than a feul efficient/electric car)...why not move on to conquering family values?[/b]
July 11th, 2006, 08:02 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I was rearended (fully stopped at a light) by a Hummer. Yes, it is the driver's fault, but the size and way the Hummer is built guarenteed that the car ended up in my back seat (this according to the guy who worked on our car and seconded by the insurance agent).

Had my kids been in there, they would have been dead.

I love rights. Love 'em. Can't get enough of them. But, for the love of..., why do you need a car that is that huge and built that way?????
July 12th, 2006, 09:16 AM
mrobinson
I know.. My MIL is getting one!

I get to see it this weekend ~ I'll send a pic!

(I don't understand the need from them either.)
July 12th, 2006, 09:35 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I have a Grand Am and can barely afford to keep gas in it. The Hummer owners must be RICH.

July 12th, 2006, 09:37 AM
mrobinson
My FIL is getting her a licence plate ~ Granny with an attitude! (They hate being told their rich.) I don't always understand them but I'm glad she is finally enjoying her money. ((happy shurg))

(I can't afford gas either!)
July 12th, 2006, 05:45 PM
friskycat01's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
I was rearended (fully stopped at a light) by a Hummer. Yes, it is the driver's fault, but the size and way the Hummer is built guarenteed that the car ended up in my back seat (this according to the guy who worked on our car and seconded by the insurance agent).

Had my kids been in there, they would have been dead.

I love rights. Love 'em. Can't get enough of them. But, for the love of..., why do you need a car that is that huge and built that way?????[/b]
That is sooooo scary!!! I would have killed the guy for the possibility that my kids could have been in the car. How would he know. He could have ended lives because he wanted to make up for his small penis size with a big car!
July 12th, 2006, 07:22 PM
mrobinson
Quote:
He could have ended lives because he wanted to make up for his small penis size with a big car! [/b]
Big penis eh? I wonder what my MIL's excuse is? Hm...
July 12th, 2006, 07:32 PM
friskycat01's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
Quote:
He could have ended lives because he wanted to make up for his small penis size with a big car! [/b]
Big penis eh? I wonder what my MIL's excuse is? Hm...
[/b]

Maybe she has penis envy ....
July 13th, 2006, 10:41 AM
Saigon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I Understand the basic idea of the humvee....but not for civilian use.

Although I have to admit I have driven a humvee in a military operation and well....I enjoyed it.. I am on the small size and liked towering over my CO.....

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search