Could you, would you?

Forum: Heated Debates

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Heated Debates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 13th, 2006, 03:30 PM
kadydid
Let's say this person had a great platform and really wanted to change things in a way that you thought was positive. But then the ball dropped and you found out this person was an atheist Would you still vote for them?

Darn it my poll didn't work.......oh well....
July 13th, 2006, 03:32 PM
Cereal Killer's Avatar Aiming for mediocrity
hmmm, it's hard to say...I think it would be easier for me to answer if the hypothetical candidate were Agnostic.

July 13th, 2006, 03:40 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Heck yeah....I don't think religion and politics should be related anyways so it might be kind of refreshing to have someone who's views wouldn't interfere with them making rational descision.
July 13th, 2006, 03:46 PM
kadydid
Quote:
hmmm, it's hard to say...I think it would be easier for me to answer if the hypothetical candidate were Agnostic.[/b]
Nope, let's say flat out atheist! LOL

Quote:
I would probably freak out and think" oh my Gawd, I just voted in the antichrist!"

[/b]
Heh? An atheist could not be the antichrist an antichrist is a person who is supposed to be a man of god, or at least acting like a man of god. An antichrist wouldn't call themselves an atheist
July 13th, 2006, 03:47 PM
chlodoll
I would rather vote for one.
July 13th, 2006, 03:59 PM
Cereal Killer's Avatar Aiming for mediocrity
Quote:
Quote:
hmmm, it's hard to say...I think it would be easier for me to answer if the hypothetical candidate were Agnostic.[/b]
[/b]
Oh sorry, I wasn't asking you to change the question, just stating my thoughts while I debated it in my head.

July 13th, 2006, 04:00 PM
mrobinson
Quote:
Well we must have different info, because my understanding is the antichrist comes and restores peace, but does not claim he is christian or any other religion. He also seperates God from the world. Because he restores peace on earth after the rapture they believe he is a good man, but not one of God.[/b]
I think anti-christ is a term that's as misleading as anti-choice, ykwim?
July 13th, 2006, 04:11 PM
kadydid
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
I would probably freak out and think" oh my Gawd, I just voted in the antichrist!"

[/b]
Heh? An atheist could not be the antichrist an antichrist is a person who is supposed to be a man of god, or at least acting like a man of god. An antichrist wouldn't call themselves an atheist
[/b]
Well we must have different info, because my understanding is the antichrist comes and restores peace, but does not claim he is christian or any other religion. He also seperates God from the world. Because he restores peace on earth after the rapture they believe he is a good man, but not one of God.
[/b]
I have never studied the antichrist in depth but I was under the impression that the antichrist was a person who came under the disguise of religion. Some have thought it was the pope, some thought it was Hitler (who ruled with religion) some even think it is George Dubya! LOL
I think it is up for interpretation.
July 13th, 2006, 04:40 PM
friskycat01's Avatar Super Mommy
I would because i think that would allow a better seperation of church and state.
July 13th, 2006, 04:40 PM
Jen25's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I dont care what religion/non religion a cadidate is, as long as it doesn affect his platform. I think politics and religion should be totally seperate. So if i like his platform, I would vot for an atheist

July 13th, 2006, 04:42 PM
irishxrose
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(kadydid @ Jul 13 2006, 04:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotemain'>
Quote:

Quote:

[/b]
[/b]
Well we must have different info, because my understanding is the antichrist comes and restores peace, but does not claim he is christian or any other religion. He also seperates God from the world. Because he restores peace on earth after the rapture they believe he is a good man, but not one of God.
[/b]
I have never studied the antichrist in depth but I was under the impression that the antichrist was a person who came under the disguise of religion. Some have thought it was the pope, some thought it was Hitler (who ruled with religion) some even think it is George Dubya! LOL
[/b][/quote]

The antichrist is completely against God. Everyone will like/love him and they will follow his ways only to be doomed. He could very well be alive right as we speak. But in no way does he claim he is religious hence 'anti'
[/b][/quote]

From what my father (a fundamentalist Christian) has told me about the anti-christ is that s/he will act like Christ, but he will be very misleading. He will come and tell the world s/he is the messiah, and all should bow down before him. He acts religious. This is what I have always understood the anti-christ to be.

Anyway back to the original question - I would definetely vote for an athiest!
July 13th, 2006, 04:52 PM
kadydid
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(kadydid @ Jul 13 2006, 04:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotemain'>
Quote:

Quote:

[/b]
[/b]
[/b]
[/b][/quote]

The antichrist is completely against God. Everyone will like/love him and they will follow his ways only to be doomed. He could very well be alive right as we speak. But in no way does he claim he is religious hence 'anti'
[/b][/quote]

Quote:
Antichrist poses as the true representative of Christ, not Christ's enemy, hence deception and lying are his stock-in-trade. Atheists, Communists, Mohammedans and many others do not claim to be Christ's sole representatives on earth. They openly declare their opposition, hatred, and undying antagonism to Christ. They don't lie about that. They do not conceal their blasphemies against Christ. They openly declare themselves haters of our Lord Jesus Christ. They wear no masks. Therefore they are not the Antichrist.[/b]
http://www.ianpaisley.org/article.as...y=antichrist_4

This is the way I have always understood it, so I really do think it is up for interpretation. Not all Christians are going to agree on the mysteries of the bible. Just like not all Christians do not believe in the “Rapture” And the above only confirms what I have heard and read about so I do think it is up for interpretation.
July 13th, 2006, 04:56 PM
NaynayPie's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
Let's say this person had a great platform and really wanted to change things in a way that you thought was positive. But then the ball dropped and you found out this person was an atheist Would you still vote for them?

Darn it my poll didn't work.......oh well.... [/b]
I would vote for him or her in a heartbeat.

By the way, I'm running as our nation's first atheist candidate in the presidential election of 2016. (That's the earliest year I'll be old enough to run.)

~Nay

Quote:
Heck yeah....I don't think religion and politics should be related anyways so it might be kind of refreshing to have someone who's views wouldn't interfere with them making rational descision.[/b]

We AGREE!!! We AGREE!!!!
July 13th, 2006, 05:10 PM
~Casey~'s Avatar GraceNorraJennaMomma
Nope. Whether or not you believe in any religion, most legitimate religions hage the basis of good. If they were athiest, I would have serious issues as to where their morals come from.

July 13th, 2006, 05:18 PM
Ashes78
Quote:
Heck yeah....I don't think religion and politics should be related anyways so it might be kind of refreshing to have someone who's views wouldn't interfere with them making rational descision.[/b]

Quote:
Nope. Whether or not you believe in any religion, most legitimate religions hage the basis of good. If they were athiest, I would have serious issues as to where their morals come from.[/b]
I don't believe in God and I have morals. Morals and religion do not go hand in hand.
July 13th, 2006, 05:21 PM
NaynayPie's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
Quote:
Nope. Whether or not you believe in any religion, most legitimate religions hage the basis of good. If they were athiest, I would have serious issues as to where their morals come from.[/b]
I don't believe in God and I have morals. Morals and religion do not go hand in hand.
[/b]
That is exactly right, Ashes.

Frankly, I get tired of people assuming atheists have no morals. You know something, I do have morals, and I don't need some guy in the sky over my head to make sure I act on them.

~Nay
July 13th, 2006, 05:41 PM
Sunflower_Mommy2003's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Absolutely. Theism is not a requirement for morality, ethics, intelligence, or good leadership.

Click--->Questioning Circumcision?<---Click

Intact Care Board</div>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search