Psychic ability/experiences...

Forum: Heated Debates

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Heated Debates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 14th, 2006, 12:47 AM
Sunflower_Mommy2003's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The best way to explain my belief regarding this is that I believe we all have psychic potential, and we all have the ability to have an increased awareness of the past, present, and future that doesn't make 'logical' sense. I guess this concept/belief is a debate all unto itself, and I probably wouldn't believe it myself if I hadn't experienced it personally. The analogy that works best for my own understanding of it is that there's a stream of knowledge/consciousness, and some people are more aligned or in tune. There are also things that you can do to intentionally align yourself as well. The times when I've had the strongest psychic ability and experiences were when I was most focused on my own spiritual growth.

Is this something that can be proven? On certain levels, yes. For instance, dh and I used to play a game occasionally where we would hold up regular playing cards for eachother, with the back facing the person who was 'guessing'. The person holding up the cards tries to project the card face to the other person. The person guessing says, "red", "black", or calls out a specific card if they get a clear image. The person doing the quizzing makes 2-3 separate piles, and after you've gone through the entire deck, you can see what percentage of the time you were right. I was amazed that I was right much more often than I was wrong. It was more than random, more than coincidence.

I can relate three other experiences that stick out strongly in my mind and were all powerful experiences for me spiritually...

My best friend was slightly overdue with her daughter. She was really worn out and tired, and was resting a lot so I was trying not to call and bug her to check on her during that last week. It was December, and she'd been due on my birthday, 4 days earlier. I was laying on my living room floor, and the strongest thoughts of her washed over me. So strong, I couldn't ignore it. I felt anxious. I 'sensed' she was in labor. I called her house, and she'd just left for the hospital. I drove there, and she was shocked to see me as she hadn't had a chance to call anyone yet...

Once, dh and I were driving to breakfast and I had an overwhelming sense that something was wrong with my dad's van. It just hit me while sitting there in the passanger seat, sort of day dreaming. It was such a strong sensation that I actually told dh that I thought there was something wrong with my dad's van, and that I felt it so strongly I wanted to speak it aloud so someone could vouch for me later. We ate breakfast, and drove home. I sat down at the computer, and dh went out to run some errands. I wasn't sitting there 5 minutes when there was a knock at my door. I stood up and saw the van parked outside. My dad was at the door, and he'd drove over-without calling-to ask me to follow him to the repair shop so he could drop the van off for a brake job, and then drive him home.

My husband was in the process of purchasing a truck from his friend. The truck was in our posession, although he hadn't yet made his first payment. It was parked in front of the house, and sometime during the wee hours of morning it was stolen right from in front of the house, on the street, where it was parked. The next morning he found it stolen and called the police and filed a report. Him and his friend drove all over town looking for it. That evening, I did a simple ritual where I wrote my intentions down on a piece of paper---to find the truck unharmed, that day---and bound it to the keys. Lit some incense and some candles, and focused on that intention. It was a simple thing, and I wasn't praying or requesting the assistance of any deities or anything. Just concentrating on what I wanted. I grabbed my keys and headed out, leaving the incense and candle burning attended by dh. I drove around our area, into appartment complex parking lots and down various streets. Near a dumpster I saw a high chair, in good condition, someone was tossing out. I drove home to tell dh I wanted him to come with me to pick it up. He was reluctant, but when I insisted he finally agreed. Blew out the incense and candle, picked up the high chair, and my dh wanted to go straight home. He was ready to turn left, and I told him I wanted him to go right...and to please drive down a specific street...I couldn't even remember the name...but the road in front of our local DQ. He was annoyed, but he did it. We got halfway down the residential street and there, right on the corner of a crossroad, in plain view, was the truck. And an attended police car was conveniently parked a block away. My dh was ecstatic, and shocked...he didn't know what to think. I went home and got the keys, which were still sitting on the table with the candle/incense, tied to the piece of paper I'd written on. I had to cut them loose, lol! Took them to dh and the police officer, and he got his truck back...the very same day it had been stolen.

There have been other incidences too, but these are the ones that most impressed upon me that psychic ability is real, and something that can be nurtured. I don't necessarily think that it's the work of spirits or deities...They say we only use a very small amount of our brain's potential...I think psychic ability just expands our minds further than science has been able to explain yet.

Jen

Click--->Questioning Circumcision?<---Click

Intact Care Board</div>
July 14th, 2006, 05:26 AM
Tanya G's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I dont think I am very in tune with my own pyschic abilities. I use to play a game with aces, where you place 4 aces face down and try to find a specific one, like ace of hearts or whatever, and more often than not I was able to find it, but I think if I really had any psychic abilities I would find it a substantially higher amount of times. The only only things that have happened to me are usually just being connected with SO. One of us will be out and hear a song to come home to the other person humming the song we just heard, or a song we ourselves had in our head, things like that. My mother in law recently passed away and she was a very spiritual woman. She knew when spirits were in her home and she knew which spirit it was. I truly believe every story she ever told me. Having known her as such a spiritual woman, I would have thought she would have made some attempt at connecting with me since she has passed away, but the very few instances where I have noticed anything out of the ordinary can easily be explained away. This makes me feel that I am either totally not in tune with noticing such instances, or perhaps she simply isnt trying to contact us at all.

Thank you Rawisner for the Siggy!

July 14th, 2006, 09:23 AM
mrobinson
Jen, would you post this on the spirituality board?

Tanya.. I really think this is something that can be developed.. I'm working on learning more.. I think it takes time and practice. but like anything there are some that are just naturally gifted.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search