Sex with baby in the room?

Forum: Heated Debates

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Heated Debates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 18th, 2006, 08:47 PM
Veteran
Just wondering at what point, if at all, you think it is acceptable for parents to have sex with a baby in the room? What about nudity by the parents? At what age do you think a child should no longer see their parent in the shower, etc.?

I'll admit, we've slipped up and had sex with dd in the room a couple times. I feel really bad/weird about it, but you don't really think about it when it's happening, you know? I don't think she is old enough to understand, or remember what she sees. I would rather not do it at all in front of her, but I would say at the age she is now, 10 months, it shouldn't happen anymore. Please don't think I'm a freak or weirdo if I'm the only one who has done this?!!?

As for nudity of parents, I remember seeing my mom naked until I was probably 4-5 years old. If I had a question and she was taking a shower, I'd just go right in. I don't think I'll have a problem with my daughter seeing me for a couple years still. But dh won't let her see him now, it really makes him uncomfortable--and that makes sense since he is the opposite sex of our daughter.
July 18th, 2006, 09:18 PM
Tanya G's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We have only had sex with Cohen in the room one time and Cohen was almost 3 months old. SO didnt even realise Cohen was in the room(lol it was at my sisters, cohen was already in bed and SO showed up and that was the same room we were sleeping in). Cohen was alseep and I really didnt think it was a big deal, but SO felt super wierd when he realised Cohen was in there. I dont think its a big deal even at this age if they are asleep but there is no way I would in front of Cohen if he were watching, I cant even imagine what he would think of that, but hey, thats just me, I dont know whats going on in their brains at this age. As far as nudity, I read that until a child is two they prolly wont even notice if you are naked, but I gotta say, Cohen has noticed my boobs lately if I am co-sleeping with him after taking a shower and still naked, and he is very fascinated and yanks on them. I dont think this will at all disturb him. I saw my mother naked lots as a child too, and I dont feel distrubed, so I dont really have an opinion on that. but at the same time, I would probably stop being naked in front of him once he was about 2 years old.

Thank you Rawisner for the Siggy!

July 18th, 2006, 09:24 PM
Veteran
Elizabeth has gotten really curious about my boobs lately too, she likes to pinch my nipples. Lucky me .
July 18th, 2006, 09:35 PM
chlodoll
^ LOL! I am always getting purple nurples from Isaiah.

I dont really see a problem with having sex with the baby in the room. If they are sleeping they cant see you and if they wake up you can stop. I guess when they can ask what you are doing you might want to stop lol As for nudity I think there was never a time I didnt see my mom naked. I dont think there is a problem with parents and kids of the same sex seeing each other nude. I think its normal. I dont know when it becomes innapropriate for the opposite sex. I think it depends. I think people probably feel comfortable with boys seeing their moms naked longer then girls seeing their dad naked. I dont think girls really see their dads nude! i have never seen mine except once by accident!
July 18th, 2006, 09:49 PM
Veteran
Yeah, I think the reason my dh is so freaked out by it is because she looks at his 'man parts'. She always seems to notice something is different about him, so he will NOT let her see him now.
July 18th, 2006, 09:52 PM
kadydid
I could not have sex with baby in the room. Last thing I want to see or hear is him while I am having sex.

As far as nudity. I am not a “nude” mom but in the past if my kids seen me without a top on I would causally put my shirt back on (or pants whatever the case) and try to not make a big deal about it. My older two are 12 and 10 so I am pretty careful about not ever being nude outside of my room when they are home. I would say that around 3 or 4 is a good time to stop All my kids are opposite sex so I don’t know about girls, my mom was never naked around me, I think I would probably always get changed in front of a girl. I am seriously having a hard time remembering, I think I stopped at 3 with my boys.
July 19th, 2006, 05:32 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I don't think I'd mind having sex while a BABY under the age of 1 was in the room with us, but DH would never in a million years do it. My kids (5 and 3) still see me naked sometimes--not completely 100% naked, but they go in the bathroom with me and sometimes I'll change outer clothes (shirt and pants) with them in the room.

July 19th, 2006, 06:33 AM
Platinum Supermommy
No I never had sex with the baby in the room and not sure I ever could. Now my son has seen me naked. Sometimes I walk topless cause I am 6 months pregnant and it gets hot here. He thinks boobs are a funny thing. When he sees them he laughs.
July 19th, 2006, 06:38 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Well of course my parents love to bring up the fact that my little sister was concieved at our hotel at Disney World while I was sleeping in the next bed (I was 5). Gross. My family was pretty liberal with nudity. My mom always walked around the house naked, thankfully my dad didn't though...you wanna talk about way too liberal though? The first time I met my ex fiance's mom she was COMPLETELY naked, wearing nothing but a towel on her head and sneakers! She answered the door that way He thought it was totally normal for her to do if it was hot out...Needless to say I won't be like that with my kids! I'm pretty modest, I'm not a big naked person in the first place. I don't even like getting naked in front of my cat...I don't find anything wrong with nudity, or people being naked in front of their kids, it's just not something I would choose to do personally. I do think sex when there is a baby in the room over the age of 1 is kinda pushing it though...
July 19th, 2006, 07:58 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I honestly don't think that the baby can comprehend what you are doing under the age of one, however I personally would never have sex with a baby in the room. I can't even have animals in the room lol. About the nudity part, I'm not really sure what age it's not appropriate for your child to see you naked. I remember seeing my mom naked (getting out the shower or something when I was asking her a question lol) when I was in my teens. Of course I just didn't look at her when I was talking to her lol. My dad never walked around us naked (my sister and I) so I'm not sure about the opposite sex. My DF is very modest about being naked in front of anyone else (even other guys) so he probably won't ever be naked in front of our children lol.
Amanda
July 19th, 2006, 08:40 AM
mrobinson
We can't have sex with the dogs in the room!
July 19th, 2006, 08:48 AM
Mega Super Mommy
In my above post, I should have stated I could do it if the baby was ASLEEP. I could do it if the baby was sleeping, but NOT if it was sitting there looking at us.

July 19th, 2006, 08:51 AM
chlodoll
Quote:
In my above post, I should have stated I could do it if the baby was ASLEEP. I could do it if the baby was sleeping, but NOT if it was sitting there looking at us.[/b]
lol that would be kinda weird! I think it would be more weird like shouldnt we be doing something with the baby!
July 19th, 2006, 11:02 AM
GirLStaR's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I could never have sex with the baby in the room. Even if he was sleeping, but that's just me. As for being naked, I plan on teaching my kids modesty, but I won't not let them see my DH or I naked if for example we are changing, mainly bc I don't want them to think nudity is bad or be more curious than they need to be about something that is just plain normal.
July 19th, 2006, 12:56 PM
frgsonmysox's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Anthony slept in our room until he was 8 months old. You better believe we had sex in that 8 months! A few weeks ago Anthony was really sick so we brought his pack-n-play into our room for him to sleep in, and we did have sex one of those nights. He was asleep and knew nothing of it. I couldn't do it when he was awake and alert! but I see no issue in having sex in the same room if he is asleep. Anastasia will be sleeping in our room for at least 6 months as well and again I won't be refraining from sex.

As for nudity. Chris and I have gotten dressed in front of Anthony. Anthony takes baths and showers with Chris still, and has seen me take a bath before. I'm a little less comfortable being topless around him since he has a fascination with boobs, but I try not to let my uncomfortableness transfer to him. I don't want him to ever think there is something nasty about the human body.
~Beth~ Wife to my Airman Chris, and mommy to: Anthony Nathaniel (8/31/04), Anastasia Fae (8/01/06), Baby C (lost on 10/12/07), David Cillian (7/31/08), Charles George (4/29/10), and Alan Christopher (2/22/12)

My BLOG - A Day In The Life of a Freg (it's a little bit of everything!)
July 19th, 2006, 01:02 PM
Jen25's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We would never have sex if the baby had to be in a different room If the baby is under 1 and is sleeping I dont see what the problem is. As far as nudity, my older ds is 5 and Ive recently noticed a different reaction to me being naked. So I make it a point to not be naked around him anymore, but dont make a big deal about it if it happens on accident (like when he barges into the bathroom when Im showering ) I think that really depends on the child.

July 19th, 2006, 01:22 PM
** Mandy **
My baby is 4 months and we have had sex with her sleeping in the room. We were in a hotel on a trip so there was only the one room for all of us. I don't think I would do it once she is able to sit up. I also don't plan on making a habit of it ... we are at home most of the time and would probably only do it when she was asleep in her crib.

As far as nudity in front of her... I don't plan on doing it in front of her too much longer but we'll see. (I really only do it when I'm changing clothes)

July 19th, 2006, 07:27 PM
Chunky Monkey's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We stopped having sex in the same room as DS when he was about 5-6 months old. By that time he was in his crib. It wasn't an issue with my older 2 because when DH & I got together they were too old to be in he room with us.

As far as nudity, my DD still comes in the bathroom with me from time to time if she needs to get something out of the bathroom. I look at it that we are both female and have the same things basically. I try not to show my nudity to the boys and it isn't a big issue for my older DS but my younger is 3 and has a fit if he does not have access to the bathroom, no matter who is in there. We don't have a lock on the bathroom door but everyone who comes over here knows he is developmentally delayed and has no problem with him. If we are on the toilet though we can put our foot up against the door but it does not work if we are in the shower.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search