Hezbollah ~ terrorists or not?

Forum: Heated Debates

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

View Poll Results: Hezbollah ~ terrorists or not?
Yes they are terrorists 13 56.52%
No they are not terrorists, but a group with the interests of the people 4 17.39%
Other 1 4.35%
I don't know enough to state yes or no 5 21.74%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Heated Debates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 24th, 2006, 11:46 AM
mrobinson
I was wondering what your thoughts are on Hezbollah. Many think that the western countries blindly support Israel while others say not.. I thought instead of asking your thoughts on this complex matter (but that is more than welcome) I would focus on the group of Hezbollah and ask what do you think about them?
July 24th, 2006, 12:52 PM
mrobinson
Here's some more info, if you're interested.
July 24th, 2006, 09:40 PM
kadydid
I think their all frucking wrong over there. (The whole lot of them) I do not wish for us to partake in any of it.
So yes I do think they are terrorists but I think that Israel is wrong too. Oddly enough I think I side with Buchanan on this one.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/uc/pat_buchanan20060719

Quote:
Let it be said: Israel has a right to defend herself, a right to counter-attack against Hezbollah and Hamas, a right to clean out bases from which Katyusha or Qassam rockets are being fired and a right to occupy land from which attacks are mounted on her people.

But what Israel is doing is imposing deliberate suffering on civilians, collective punishment on innocent people, to force them to do something they are powerless to do: disarm the gunmen among them. Such a policy violates international law and comports neither with our values nor our interests. It is un-American and un-Christian.[/b]
I am still in shock that I agree with Buchanan! It's actually a good article (for a Republican )
July 25th, 2006, 02:23 PM
mrobinson
Quote:
My opinion is that yes they are terrorists, simply because they live to get rid of Isreal. That makes them terrorists.[/b]
I think they are here to defend themselves from Israel.
July 25th, 2006, 02:31 PM
mrobinson
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
My opinion is that yes they are terrorists, simply because they live to get rid of Isreal. That makes them terrorists.[/b]
[/b]
darn you darn you!!! you are totally picking on me!!!! GRRRRRRR. lmao

Are you telling me that they are not terrorists?
[/b]
They are defending themselves.. the US is defending itself.. so then who is a terrorist? (Surely you must see how the term defending is in the eye of the beholder?)

What is a terrorist? Someone like OBL.
July 25th, 2006, 02:43 PM
mrobinson
Quote:
Mrobinson, do you think that hezbollah is a terrorist organization?[/b]
I see both sides as aggressive. It's easy to label Hezbollah a terrorist organization but I would ask why? WW1 and WW2 are to blame here not the Palestinies and Israeli's. They both just continue what should have never been. The west defend's the WW2 actions.. it completely set up the region for failure and now we think it's religious.

Quote:
Also anyone has the right to defend themselves if they are being attacked. If bombs are dropping on the U.S you dont think they should do something? Or do you think they should call the police?[/b]
I didn't think Iraq dropped bombs on the US..
July 25th, 2006, 02:51 PM
kadydid
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(butter ball @ Jul 24 2006, 07:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]
darn you darn you!!! you are totally picking on me!!!! GRRRRRRR. lmao

Are you telling me that they are not terrorists?
[/b][/quote]

They are defending themselves.. the US is defending itself.. so then who is a terrorist? (Surely you must see how the term defending is in the eye of the beholder?)

What is a terrorist? Someone like OBL.
[/b][/quote]
Exactly! They think they are doing the right thing.

This is such a complex issue, I have to read a lot about it to even understand, and sometimes I read peoples blogs too because they seem to understand better than me! LOL They don't think Israel should even be there in the first place. I mean imagine if someone came and kicked you off your own land in your own country. So while I think these guys are wrong, I think that Israel is a huge bully. And I think they throw their weight around knowing that the US will back them up, and they are hurting massive amounts of people who did nothing wrong.

Quote:
Quote:
I see both sides as aggressive. It's easy to label Hezbollah a terrorist organization but I would ask why? WW1 and WW2 are to blame here not the Palestinies and Israeli's. They both just continue what should have never been. The west defend's the WW2 actions.. it completely set up the region for failure and now we think it's religious.

Quote:
Also anyone has the right to defend themselves if they are being attacked. If bombs are dropping on the U.S you dont think they should do something? Or do you think they should call the police?[/b]
[/b]
EXACTLY!
July 25th, 2006, 07:48 PM
mrobinson
Quote:
I would also like to add that hezbollah crossed the border kidnapped to Israelis then dropped a couple of bombs. they are not so bloody innocent as some of you seem to think.

Hezbollah are just looking out for the people right? Gimmie a break.[/b]
This has been going back and forth forever.. the phrase on the news airstrikes and car bombings are in retaliation of.. have been on both sides depending which day you choose to watch...
July 25th, 2006, 09:53 PM
kadydid
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
[/b]

You know darn well that was a hypothetical statement

Okay the only terrorist is OBL. My bad.

I would also like to add that hezbollah crossed the border kidnapped to Israelis then dropped a couple of bombs. they are not so bloody innocent as some of you seem to think.

Hezbollah are just looking out for the people right? Gimmie a break.
[/b]
I don't think their innocent of anything. But I don't think the other guys are either, I think they both are wrong, and are bringing innocent people into it.
July 26th, 2006, 07:26 AM
mrobinson
Quote:
I don't think their innocent of anything. But I don't think the other guys are either, I think they both are wrong, and are bringing innocent people into it.[/b]
Did you hear the news today?

Annan said Tuesday that the UN post was clearly marked and Israel had given assurances to the UN that its positions would not be targeted by Israeli forces. "I am shocked and deeply distressed by the apparently deliberate targeting by Israeli Defence Forces of a UN observer post in southern Lebanon that has killed two UN military observers, with two more feared dead," Annan said from Rome. Source

A Canadian is one among the dead.
July 26th, 2006, 07:46 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I definitely think he jumped the gun on that statement, and, unfortunately, it's just going to drive Israel further from the negociation table. He should have condemned it, demanded it be looked into publically, demanded a public apoligy, etc.
July 26th, 2006, 07:56 AM
mrobinson
I thought it was the first time he said something that almost sided with Hezbollah.. Israel did this deliberately. How is that not a terrorist act? Sure Israel has already apologized but they said they wouldn't do it in the first place.. How is targetting a UN post, they knew not to touch and said they wouldn't not a terrorist act?
July 26th, 2006, 08:07 AM
Mom2DavidandAaron's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Couldn't agree with you more. They're not "defending" themselves. their only reason to be is to make sure Israel is destroyed.
Here are some facts:
http://www.honestreporting.com/articles/45..._Under_Fire.asp
http://www.adl.org/terrorism/symbols/hezbollah.asp
Sharon
July 26th, 2006, 08:09 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
I thought it was the first time he said something that almost sided with Hezbollah.. Israel did this deliberately. How is that not a terrorist act? Sure Israel has already apologized but they said they wouldn't do it in the first place.. How is targetting a UN post, they knew not to touch and said they wouldn't not a terrorist act?[/b]
He still should have (IMO) waited until he could present proof with his comment (not an accident, deliberate, kwim?). The idea was out there without him stateing it...I feel like it's just gonna drive a deeper rift into this problem (especially if evidence points to miscommunication or accident)
July 26th, 2006, 08:18 AM
mrobinson
Quote:
Quote:
Couldn't agree with you more. They're not "defending" themselves. their only reason to be is to make sure Israel is destroyed.
Here are some facts:
http://www.honestreporting.com/articles/45..._Under_Fire.asp

Sharon
[/b]
Here are some facts that are a little less bias:
Source
Hezbollah not only has armed and political wings but also boasts an extensive social development programme. The civilian wing also runs hospitals, news services, and educational facilities. Its Reconstruction Campaign ('Jihad al-Bina') is responsible for numerous economic and infrastructural development projects in Lebanon. The group currently operates at least four hospitals, 12 clinics, 12 schools and two agricultural centres that provide farmers with technical assistance and training. It also has an environmental department and an extensive social assistance programme. Medical care is also cheaper than in most of the country's private hospitals and free for Hezbollah members. Most experts believe that Hezbollah's social and health programmes are worth hundreds of millions of dollars annually.
After the 2005 elections, Hezbollah held 23 seats (up from eight previously) in the 128-member Lebanese Parliament.
Acording to CNN:"Hezbollah did everything that a government should do, from collecting the garbage to running hospitals and repairing schools."
In 1996 Hezbollah declared in "The Electoral Program of Hizbullah" that it would want to improve educational and health system. Then on May 2006 as UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs published: "Hezbollah not only has armed and political wings - it also boasts an extensive social development programme.
The European Union does not list Hezbollah as a "terrorist organization"
July 26th, 2006, 08:28 AM
Mom2DavidandAaron's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Actually, their "news services" and "educational facilities" are ways to promote anti-Israel propaganda. I'll try to find a picture someone sent me a while ago (before this conflict even started) with a math book provided in these "educational facilities". In order to teach children math they use Jews: If you see 5 Jews and you kill 2, how many do you have left?
The same goes for their "news services" (Al-manar). It's a way to recruit suicide bombers. The US has deemed this station as terrorist.

"Hezbollah's stated objectives include the establishment of a Shiite theocracy in Lebanon, the destruction of Israel and the elimination of Western influences from the region."
http://www.tkb.org/Group.jsp?groupID=3101

http://www.terrorism-info.org.il/malam_mul...ollah_e0706.htm

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search