Do men really prefer blondes?

Forum: Heated Debates

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

View Poll Results: Do men prefer Blondes
Blondes 7 22.58%
Brunettes 16 51.61%
Red 4 12.90%
Purple 4 12.90%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Heated Debates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 24th, 2006, 01:27 PM
kadydid
I have debated this before on another site. But it was fun so I thought I would ask over here. The Paris Hilton thing got me started thinking about it again.

Is this saying true......"Blondes are adored, brunettes get ignored"? I did know a girl who was normally blonde who changed her hair really dark once and it looked so good. But she changed it back, because she missed the attention she received from men.

Do you think men prefer blondes?
July 24th, 2006, 01:36 PM
mrobinson
(I had to put purple!)
July 24th, 2006, 01:39 PM
Super Mommy
I believe yes they do..
July 24th, 2006, 01:48 PM
Boxerlove1's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I find myself attracted to men with dark hair, yet for some reason I end up dating guys who have very blonde hair... strange..

Anyhoo, I'm not really sure what guys prefer. I've never had a guy say to me "you know, baby, you'd be a lot more fun/sexy if you changed your hair color..."

<div align="center"></div>
Agatha Christie</span>
July 24th, 2006, 01:59 PM
Cereal Killer's Avatar Aiming for mediocrity
I say yes! I am a natural brunette, but went blonde centuries ago. While I was pregnant with DS I went to brunette so I wouldn't have to worry about maintence, I could not wait to go back to blonde though! Actually I love to play around with color, so I am usually blonde with brown on the bottom, or with red lowlights. I will probably go back to brunette next time, just for a change (dark brown, I like drastic changes!)

For the record, I think some of the most beautiful women in the world are brunettes (ie Eva Longoria, Natalie Portman, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Salma Hayek...just to name a few).

July 24th, 2006, 02:19 PM
Platinum Supermommy
All beautiful women get attention...but put blonde hair on an average, or even slightly ugly woman with a nice body and guys go ga-ga.
July 24th, 2006, 03:09 PM
kadydid
Quote:
All beautiful women get attention...but put blonde hair on an average, or even slightly ugly woman with a nice body and guys go ga-ga.[/b]
I think this too. I knew a girl who had super long blonde hair and she was very average looking in the face if not homely. Her sister however had a beautiful face and received way less attention from men.
I am a natural reddish brown but I dye my hair red. What is attractive to me, is brown hair on men or women. Except for on me, I like it red and super long.
July 24th, 2006, 03:41 PM
Colee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have naturally aurburn hair...I dye my hair alot,and many different colors(even purple,lol..I was only 16 though ) I notice that when I have LOTS of blonde highlights I recieve more attention from the opposite sex,even from my own husband. However I dyed my hair again recently to spicy salsa(intense aurburn,RED) and thats been an attention getter. So who knows?!!

I prefer dark hair on men...my hubby is a dark blonde:-)

</div>

</blockquote>
July 24th, 2006, 03:57 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I like dark hair in men but I do find blonde in woman is more "sexy"

July 24th, 2006, 04:17 PM
irishxrose
I like dark hair on men...

Me, I've dyed my hair every color of the rainbow () and I've gotten more attention while my hair has been a dark red. Blonde never really got me any attention, but blonde never really looked good on me anyway...

I think men do like blondes, but I think it's because for the past fifty or so years, they have been taught to think that way. Think of Marilyn Monroe... the Playboy girls... Pamela Anderson... Paris Hilton... etc etc etc etc. They have been taught by society that blonde is supposedly "sexier".
July 24th, 2006, 04:52 PM
LouLouMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've always been brunette or red and dh likes it better brunette. He has told me that he doesn't like blondes and I don't like blonde men...I've honestly never been attracted to a blonde I like 'em tall, dark and handsome That said, our daughter is blonde...runs in my family!

Angel~9/12/05~with us for 5 weeks</span></span></span>
July 24th, 2006, 06:07 PM
LouLouMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Quote:
I am a male so I will answer that on my own behalf.I used to prefer blondes but now I prefer dark haired women.[/b]

GO BRUNETTES GO!!!!! lol
[/b]
Thanks! Sorry blondes...we deserve to have some fun too

Angel~9/12/05~with us for 5 weeks</span></span></span>
July 24th, 2006, 06:10 PM
chlodoll
I dont think men prefer blondes in the sense of relationships. Thats probably fair game. But just sexual attractivness through history sexbombs were always buxom blondes. I think its just ingrained in peoples heads.
July 24th, 2006, 06:48 PM
mrobinson
Quote:
I dont think men prefer blondes in the sense of relationships.[/b]
Dh said something about one night stands when I asked...
July 24th, 2006, 08:08 PM
Chunky Monkey's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
In my experience the only man I know who was more attracted to blondes was my dad. I know my DH & a lot of other guys are more attracted to redheads I know. I asked my DH about it and he just said seems like redheads are more fiery. I have my hair dyed an auburn type of color and a lot of guys comment about loving the red color. So that is the experience I know. My DH fell in love with me with dark brown hair though. I don't dye it for him, I just feel the brown is too mousy and common.

July 24th, 2006, 10:58 PM
Super Mommy
Hrm.......my husband likes my purple hair color. It's more like plum...but that is his favorite.
July 25th, 2006, 01:27 AM
Chrystal's Avatar Super Mommy
Boys prefer blondes, men prefer brunettes hehe, no offense meant for blondes of course.

My boyfriend prefers brunettes, they seem more classy he said and more beautiful rather than sexy. Again no offense to blondes.

I think it's more about a face when it comes down to the bottom of it all, a beautiful face outshines hair colour anyday.

I used to be really dark haired, I loved it that way as it made me look more latin, but now I have it light with blonde highlights, it's not blonde blonde, it's just light.

After
July 25th, 2006, 11:48 AM
** Mandy **
I don't know if they do but I put yes. I was a blond up until a few years ago and it served me well. hehe.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search