Blowing snot out one side of the nose to the ground in public

Forum: Heated Debates

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Heated Debates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 24th, 2006, 06:38 PM
Tanya G's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
LOL. I am the type of person who would just look away and not react. but I think thats pretty nasty and would be a bit discusted.

Thank you Rawisner for the Siggy!

July 24th, 2006, 07:03 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Sick.

Gagged when I read this.
July 24th, 2006, 07:10 PM
mrobinson
I thought the 'farmer blow' was acceptable in the field?

Seriously, we should have some tissue around so that it isn't necessary. If I seen it in public I probably would assume they didn't have any and would offer mine (unused.)
July 24th, 2006, 08:35 PM
LouLouMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ew...I would assume that their momma never taught them any manners Seriously, who does this? I had a friend whose boyfriend did it but he said he learned it in the Army and it was called a "snot rocket" Excuse me while I barf

Quote:
I am the type of person who would just look away and not react[/b]
Haha! I don't think I could control the look on my face, then again, if I gave them a dirty look, they might shoot their snot at me

Angel~9/12/05~with us for 5 weeks</span></span></span>
July 24th, 2006, 09:41 PM
kadydid
Gross
July 24th, 2006, 11:06 PM
Super Mommy
*pukes* bleh...ok I get very squeamish when I see this and when I hear someone cough up a lugi *pukes again* bleh bleh bleh...

I saw my dh do the farmer blow for the first time a couple months ago and I looked like I was gonna hurl. He told me it was a bad habit from when he was a landscaper....you have all this gear and gloves on so you can't exactly go pulling out a tissue and with all the dirt in your nose and on your fingers it's not exactly nice to go digging around in there....

So..I understand the farmer thingy if you need to do it FOR THAT REASON...but not on the sidewalk or somewhere public like that....GROOOOOSSSSS!!! I hate just talking about it.

If I see someone do this (even the lugi) I automatically start gagging (not uncontrollably lol). I just can't help it.
July 24th, 2006, 11:45 PM
Chunky Monkey's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I wanted to throw up when reading this. Also something disgusting is when my dad is driving, he will pick a booger out of his nose and flick it outside. Couldn't that wait till we got somewhere and he could go to the bathroom and actually blow his nose?!

July 25th, 2006, 12:57 AM
Quote:
I wanted to throw up when reading this. Also something disgusting is when my dad is driving, he will pick a booger out of his nose and flick it outside. Couldn't that wait till we got somewhere and he could go to the bathroom and actually blow his nose?![/b]
Wait till your son eats one

July 25th, 2006, 11:55 AM
Mega Super Mommy
My father did that all the time it was extremely nasty I gag just thinking about the sound!

July 25th, 2006, 12:37 PM
Mom2DavidandAaron's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
I see this sometimes.Do you think it is rude? How would you react if you witnessed it?[/b]
I would offer the person my finger and ask "wouldn't you rather pick it out?"

Sharon

Quote:
Quote:
I wanted to throw up when reading this. Also something disgusting is when my dad is driving, he will pick a booger out of his nose and flick it outside. Couldn't that wait till we got somewhere and he could go to the bathroom and actually blow his nose?![/b]
Wait till your son eats one
[/b]
Ewww! That's not kosher

Sharon
July 25th, 2006, 12:46 PM
Boxerlove1's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So NOBODY has ever done this? Wow...

Not even if you have a boog in the shower - what do you do then? Or if you're camping and have no kleenex and TP is not around?

I've totally done it - only if there was no other way to rid myself of the beast..

<div align="center"></div>
Agatha Christie</span>
July 25th, 2006, 01:09 PM
mrobinson
Quote:
So NOBODY has ever done this? Wow...

Not even if you have a boog in the shower - what do you do then? Or if you're camping and have no kleenex and TP is not around?

I've totally done it - only if there was no other way to rid myself of the beast..

[/b]
I do it.. especially in water!
July 25th, 2006, 02:32 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I've never done the snot out of the side of the nose, but sometimes when I'm sick and have a bunch of sinus drainage (and I'm at home) I will cough up a lugi. It's easier for me then have to blow my nose every 5 minutes. I don't usually do it in public though lol.
Amanda
July 25th, 2006, 03:18 PM
Kierasmom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have seen a couple of people do that and I was totally disgusted and you could tell by the look on my face. It's rude to the other people around, and not classy at all.

July 25th, 2006, 03:18 PM
Colee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
GROSS in public...but come on...ya gotta do what you gotta do!! I think it's better then snucking it back up in your nose and SWOLLOWING it LOL...if you have a tissue readily available,thats the route to take..LOL

</div>

</blockquote>
July 25th, 2006, 04:41 PM
Quote:
I will add something here but pleased be advised it is gross so if you are about to eat please do not read this yet.I came up with a word that is not in the dictionary but would be appropiate with this definition.

Snoticle-This is when you sneeze outside in the freezing cold and the hanging snot freezes[/b]
Hmmm...sounds like something my almost 9 yr old son would try

July 25th, 2006, 04:46 PM
irishxrose
DF does this sometimes... UGH! I always have to tell him to stop it...
July 25th, 2006, 04:46 PM
Platinum Supermommy
At home in the shower or in your own yard is one thing, but in public...rude.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search