Prison

Forum: Heated Debates

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Heated Debates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 14th, 2006, 05:53 PM
Pure Innocence
A lot of ppl say that those who committ a crime can be rehabilitated back into society as a normal, safe person. Just like you and me, normal everyday ppl.

If your SO sexually molested one of your children (the children could be his as well or not), went to prison, was counsled, therapy etc etc and then was deemed fit and safe to re-enter society. Would you take him back? You do belive he is safe again now right?

If your SO went to prison for beating you, was rehabilitated and got out, would you take him back??

If you belive that these men (or women) are like "new" once they are "fixed" in prison due to therapy, counseling etc etc, and you wouldn't take them back....why?? What is there to be afraid of if you believe they won't do any harm?
November 14th, 2006, 08:35 PM
glasscandie's Avatar What I make is what I am
I wouldn't EVER take my husband back if he beat me, our daughter, or molested my daughter.

I don't particularly think people like that CAN be rehabed, and I'd be the first person to start a protest if a rapist was deemed normal and let out of prison.

Rehab them all you want, just keep them the he*l away from me...I sort of see it's like a safety on a loaded gun. *Probably* it won't go off, especially if you replace the safety latch and it's stronger and harder to turn off...buuut, I just wouldn't take the chance of carrying it around in my pocket.
November 14th, 2006, 09:03 PM
Pure Innocence
Quote:
I wouldn't EVER take my husband back if he beat me, our daughter, or molested my daughter.

I don't particularly think people like that CAN be rehabed, and I'd be the first person to start a protest if a rapist was deemed normal and let out of prison.

Rehab them all you want, just keep them the he*l away from me...I sort of see it's like a safety on a loaded gun. *Probably* it won't go off, especially if you replace the safety latch and it's stronger and harder to turn off...buuut, I just wouldn't take the chance of carrying it around in my pocket.[/b]

I think there are a lot of crimes that ppl commit where they can't be rehabed and put back into society safely without taking a huge risk. And that risk should not be taken imo.
November 14th, 2006, 09:24 PM
duality's Avatar Miss Mama
Very, very rarely do people in these instances show success rates from rehabilitation. That said, I would never, ever, EVER take back a "man" that molested my child. Ever. Been there, done that, and I would NEVER submit my child to that. That's just disgusting, and I would go as far as to say that it would be child neglect/abuse to take back a person that has harmed your child, rehab or not.

November 14th, 2006, 09:27 PM
~Jess~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
1.) No, I wouldn't take my husband back if he molested or abused my boys.
2.) I *might* take my wife-beating husband back as long as he continually sought out therapy & attended anger management classes pretty much forever. If he ever laid a hand on me again, I would be gone. I believe in giving 2nd chances, but not 3rd. This goes for infidelity as well.

I think once a child molester, always a child molester. There is no rehabilitating.

November 15th, 2006, 07:12 AM
mrobinson
Quote:
1.) No, I wouldn't take my husband back if he molested or abused my kids.
2.) I *might* take my wife-beating husband back as long as he continually sought out therapy & attended anger management classes pretty much forever. If he ever laid a hand on me again, I would be gone. I believe in giving 2nd chances, but not 3rd. This goes for infidelity as well.[/b]
November 15th, 2006, 07:17 AM
mommywannabe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Quote:
1.) No, I wouldn't take my husband back if he molested or abused my kids.
2.) I *might* take my wife-beating husband back as long as he continually sought out therapy & attended anger management classes pretty much forever. If he ever laid a hand on me again, I would be gone. I believe in giving 2nd chances, but not 3rd. This goes for infidelity as well.[/b]

[/b]
I second that

I could try again it he hit me, as long as he attended counseling and classes and we coninually worked on it. But there would never be a second chance for molesting my child, or any child for that matter.

casey

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search