Racial Integrity?

Forum: Heated Debates

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Heated Debates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 30th, 2006, 05:36 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I consider race a set of physical characteristics and heritage more like a culture's practice and norms. I think it is important for people to keep the rituals and practices that have been passed down through their families and culture. Imagine how boring the world would be if we all did the same exact thing!
November 30th, 2006, 08:32 AM
donomama
I'm all for interracial mixing, but I think it has to be done voluntarily, not forced. I don't think the thought of one race is all that scary, because individuals are so different anyway. I also think that the heritages can be upheld in mixed races. Almost no one I know is 100% anything, yet if the parents make an effort to integrate the heritage into their daily lives, they still know all about it.
November 30th, 2006, 08:35 AM
Colee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
To me it sounds like Hitler...yeah,it's scary! One race shouldnt exsist...I like that everyone is different!

</div>

</blockquote>
November 30th, 2006, 08:39 AM
mrobinson
Quote:
Can it be possible to loose the race (a result of a global race), and still keep up with the numerous heritages involved in this global race?

Would it be boring if everyone was just one race? Does the idea of a global race (hypothetically, if everyone began intermixing), scare you (general you)?[/b]
Eh, can it possible to loose the race and still keep up with the numerous heritages involved in the race?

Quote:
To me it sounds like Hitler...yeah,it's scary! One race shouldnt exsist...I like that everyone is different![/b]
That's why I'm against breeding in dogs!

I should answer the question, eh.. if you live in Ireland, celebrate the way the Irish do/did!
November 30th, 2006, 09:58 AM
JennSTX's Avatar Super Mommy
How many people do you know who are 100% anything anymore?

I don't think cultural identities will change or people will lose family traditions, but I do think they should stay firmly in the private lives of people. I think that eventually there will be one global race and that English will be the main language and business dress will be the "costume" of the race. I think from 9-5 most everyone will look, act, talk the same and then they'll go home and put on their clogs, togas, kimonoes, cowboy hats, mumuus or whatever and speak in their family's language and eat the foods that are theirs, etc.

It is hard to discriminate, hate, or stop someone from getting promoted when they look, speak and act just like you so I think that is where the world is headed.

I also believe that eventually that religions of the world will unite into only 3 or 4 larger belief systems and that eventually you will have all the people that believe there is one higher power, atheists,and polytheists/nature -etc. grouped together and that there won't be terms like "Jewish", "Muslim", "Baptist" etc. anymore.

I think that when that happens in a couple of centuries then people will look back on all the wars fought in Jesus, Allah, Confusious' name and either laugh or feel that we stupid enough to kill another of God's creatures in His name and feel sad that we got it so very wrong.

WE MADE IT TWO YEARS AND & 3 MONTHS BF'ing....he's weaning now!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search