Ellen Degeneres

Forum: Heated Debates

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Heated Debates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 21st, 2007, 09:35 PM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
Like her, don't like her? Why/why not?

I love Ellen! Her shows are never trashy! I love her opening monologues. She is so funny sometimes. I respect her for the fact that she openly admits to being gay but isn't all in your face about it. I don't like hearing anyone (gay or straight) go on and on about their private live or sex life and she never does that. She has done some great shows and wonderful things for charity.

I love that she is respectful of people's private lives in the same way she expects people to be respectful of her private life. I remember when she had Jennifer Anniston on after she broke up with Brad Pitt. Ellen said I'm sorry for what you are going through and she didn't ask her any questions about it.

May 21st, 2007, 09:39 PM
ahixon
I like her okay, she is a little to peppy for me, but I agree with the thing about her being gay, she isn't in your face about it, and honestly at times if I didn't know she was gay, I would think she was straight. I hope that makes sense.
May 21st, 2007, 09:42 PM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
Quote:
I like her okay, she is a little to peppy for me, but I agree with the thing about her being gay, she isn't in your face about it, and honestly at times if I didn't know she was gay, I would think she was straight. I hope that makes sense.[/b]

I know what you mean. She doesn't mention it every 5 minutes like Rosie O'Donnell does. I don't mention that I'm straight all of the time so I don't see why people feel the need to mention constantly that they are gay. KWIM?

May 21st, 2007, 09:48 PM
Ms.Michelle
Quote:

I love Ellen! Her shows are never trashy! I love her opening monologues. She is so funny sometimes. I respect her for the fact that she openly admits to being gay but isn't all in your face about it. I don't like hearing anyone (gay or straight) go on and on about their private live or sex life and she never does that. She has done some great shows and wonderful things for charity.

I love that she is respectful of people's private lives in the same way she expects people to be respectful of her private life. I remember when she had Jennifer Anniston on after she broke up with Brad Pitt. Ellen said I'm sorry for what you are going through and she didn't ask her any questions about it.[/b]
Me too!

I think Ellen has the sweetest heart. I really love her expression of dance and how she encourages it. She is hilarous but her innocent personality steals the show.
May 21st, 2007, 10:03 PM
MrsCalhoun's Avatar Ryan Lover
i love her, and love that i can keep her on with the boys in the room, and not have to smash the remote to change the channel.

May 21st, 2007, 10:40 PM
mommyKathyX3
I LOVE her. I love the fact that she is just herself. She isnt what everyone wants her to be, she is just "Ellen" and that is what makes her so awesome. Its like she is the type that you could feel comfortable meeting and not worry about saying anything she will twist or take wrong. I would never guess her to be gay if she didnt admit to it. She doesnt act like its "who she is" its just a part of WHAT she is. I admire her heart and I think she is really genuine. Everyone in hollywood seems to like her and THAT is a major thing!
May 21st, 2007, 11:07 PM
LaceyMommy2B
i love Ellen! she is SO freaking funny!
May 21st, 2007, 11:50 PM
chlodoll
I love Ellen! I think she is hilarious and its to a very wide audience. Anyone can think she is funny because she doesnt talk about anything specific but just everyday kinda observations and things we all think about no matter who we are. I think she also seem's like an incredibly genuine person. I always watch her old sitcom in reruns.
May 21st, 2007, 11:51 PM
Heather1628's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I love her. She has so awesome shows and she is just herself. I can watch her and there is never a show that makes me want to change the channel.
May 22nd, 2007, 12:43 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I don't watch her shows, but I think she is pretty funny. She has some good humor. I just don't agree with her lifestyle, but I do appreciate her not trying to rub everyone's nose in it whether they agree or not. Gay or straight Rosie O'Donnell drives me nuts and she is NOT funny!

Mommy to 6 year old Emily and 3 year old Lindsey!

May 22nd, 2007, 05:00 AM
Marissa's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Quote:

I love that she is respectful of people's private lives in the same way she expects people to be respectful of her private life. I remember when she had Jennifer Anniston on after she broke up with Brad Pitt. Ellen said I'm sorry for what you are going through and she didn't ask her any questions about it.[/b]
Me too!

I think Ellen has the sweetest heart. I really love her expression of dance and how she encourages it. She is hilarous but her innocent personality steals the show.
[/b]

I couldn't agree more.
May 22nd, 2007, 05:25 AM
7/07Mommy
Love her! DH and I watch her show whenever we get the chance. Her energy and positive spirit are so refreshing. I love the dancing too!
May 22nd, 2007, 06:38 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Love, love, LOVE Ellen! She is an absolutely perfect blend of funny, respectful, bold, inquisitive, caring... I see so many talk show hosts who constantly talk over their guests, because heaven forbid someone upstages them on their show. But Ellen doesn't do that.

You know how people sometimes ask, "If you could have lunch with any four people in the world..." type questions? Ellen is at the very top of my list. She just seems like a lot of fun to hang out with!
May 22nd, 2007, 06:58 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I love Ellen! I don't really watch it when the guests come on, I usually only watch the first 15 minutes or so because I think the monologue is the best part and anything she does after that (photos, videos, phone calls, etc...) but when the guests start coming out, I usually turn the channel. She just needs to do the whole show as a monologue!!! She's great by herself and doesn't need the guests!
May 22nd, 2007, 07:23 AM
tevinsangel
Ellen is awesome! To me, she is a true comedian because she can have you doubled over in laughter without telling a dirty joke or really even a joke at all. Her expressions are priceless.
May 22nd, 2007, 07:37 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Man i really need to quit my job..I love ellen but once again I am stuck at work!!

May 22nd, 2007, 07:52 AM
frgsonmysox's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't watch her a lot, but when I do I LOVE HER! Her show is so refreshing.
~Beth~ Wife to my Airman Chris, and mommy to: Anthony Nathaniel (8/31/04), Anastasia Fae (8/01/06), Baby C (lost on 10/12/07), David Cillian (7/31/08), Charles George (4/29/10), and Alan Christopher (2/22/12)

My BLOG - A Day In The Life of a Freg (it's a little bit of everything!)
May 22nd, 2007, 07:57 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
I don't watch her a lot, but when I do I LOVE HER! Her show is so refreshing.[/b]

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search