a trend

Forum: Heated Debates

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Heated Debates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 22nd, 2007, 10:55 AM
kallie74's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It seems everyone I know who is affiliated with the military loves Bush and/or is republican.

Thoughts?

christmas 2011 - so excited for Santa
June 6th, 2007, 07:39 AM
Rachel81's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
He's the commander in chief.. enough said..

I know a lot of people who are democrat and I know a lot who are republican.. And yes they are in the military. Just cause your in the military doesn't automatically make you a republican. We are just like everyone else.. military or not.

July 4th, 2007, 10:04 AM
Regular
Quote:
It seems everyone I know who is affiliated with the military loves Bush and/or is republican.

Thoughts?[/b]
Um...masochism?
July 16th, 2007, 01:46 PM
Super Mommy
Just because you are in the military or have a spouse or loved one in the military doesn't automatically make one thing or the other. Do I identify with the republican party and conservative ideology, you bet your ##### but is that because I married someone in the military, nope. I am a good down south girl and I was raised that way. Now that being said I don't necessarily agree with everything the republican party believes or thinks. And my hubby is in the navy and guess what he's as apolitical as you can get
<div align="CENTER"></div>
<div align="CENTER"></div>
September 11th, 2007, 07:25 AM
ginababyxoxo's Avatar Veteran
My husband is military and I came from a military family. We're democrat. Also, Bush is the Commander in Chief and slandering him is punishable under the UCMJ, so you won't hear much public criticism about him from military members.
</div>
September 12th, 2007, 08:54 AM
swade66's Avatar My friends call me HIRB.
Just because you are in the military does not make you a Republican and it doesn't mean you like the president either.

***Don't expect me to lie to you just because you won't like the truth.***
September 26th, 2007, 10:53 AM
Veteran
Quote:
He's the commander in chief.. enough said..

I know a lot of people who are democrat and I know a lot who are republican.. And yes they are in the military. Just cause your in the military doesn't automatically make you a republican. We are just like everyone else.. military or not.[/b]
Why then wouldn't there have been more of a tendency for military to be Democrat during the Clinton presidency...

I think you get a different picture of Iraq if you read Stars and Stripes than if you get your news from NBC or CNN. I can't even recall any time I've read about a successful military operation in domestic news and I'm absolutely left with the impression that the only news I'm likely to find on any given day is about a car bomb and the number of Iraqi's and U.S. soldiers killed and injured. You get the impression our soldiers are just standing around over there doing nothing but waiting to be shot at.

Folks in the military are more likely to get the kind of news you might find any day you might go to www.estripes.com, stories such as "Pilot's act of distinction amid chaos earns medal"
http://www.stripes.com/article.asp?section...p;article=49038

Even newswire stories you might find through the Stars and Stripes website don't get coverage. I found this AP story through Stars and Stripes just now:
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/A/AFG...EMPLATE=DEFAULT

But where is the focus of themajor news outlets? Maybe it's on Senator Craig tapping his toes in an airport bathroom or Britney embarassing herself at the MTV awards or on Iran's president.

I doubt anyone would doubt the greatness of our military, but ya know... it'd be nice if we could actually hear about it.
November 7th, 2007, 05:14 PM
happyhme44's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was a republican WAY before joining the military. I will say that the majority of the people I have run into are republican. I think after getting treated like CRAP during the clinton administation people started to get upset. The military doesn't get payed much but Clinton made a point to make sure we didn't get raises like we should either. I was so thankful for the raises we got when Bush came into office. I am not active duty anymore so I can say that Bush is not my favorite person. I still respect him as the commander and chief. I also hate to get into the discussion about the nasty liberal media. I can't stand CNN and I refuse to allow that to be played on my tv. While I hate most news media I was required to constantly watch it so I stuck with Fox. It makes me SO angry that people blindly follow and listen to the CRAP that the media shovels out on a daily basis. The military is constantly cast in a terrible light. Honestly the military is a HUGE place and not everyone is going to feel the same way. The majority maybe but never everyone.

~Thank you Claire for my beautiful siggy!~

November 11th, 2007, 03:05 PM
JediRach's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Everyone I know that is in the Military is Republican but I am sure not everyone is. Also, a lot of people switch to Democrat when they leave which might just be because they can get in trouble if they speak out against the president and such.

November 18th, 2007, 09:39 PM
Tired_Mommy's Avatar Veteran
I also agree with the fact that you can support the troops but not the war. All military I have met have been pubs, but I know they are all not.

I also agree with the fact that you can support the troops but not the war. All military I have met have been pubs, but I know they are all not.

January 2nd, 2008, 08:22 AM
SammyNowell
Supporting the troops and not the war: Please explain how this can be done.

I know a lot more republicans who are in the military than Democrats who are. But that is just me. I do not feel it matters which party you are in, if you sign up and are willing to participate in the safety and security of our country, you're doing a good thing in my book.

January 5th, 2008, 04:02 PM
Mommy4x4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am a Republican, and a military spouse. Most people I know are Republican, because generally speaking, Republican candidates are much more pro-military and willing to fight the good fight.

Quote:
Supporting the troops and not the war: Please explain how this can be done.[/b]
Support the troops by not speaking out against them and their way of life, by supporting their families and widows, by voting for candidates who also support the troops and encourage others to do the same. Be proud of our country, and the people who are willing to die to protect the innocent.

You don't have to support the Iraq war - the reasons, the causes, the outcomes, the drama or the fight ... But you sure as hell better be proud of and support someone who is willing to go to a foreign country, for months on end, and fight to protect democracy and innocent lives - and risk life and limb to do it.

My family is going an entire YEAR in 2011 without fast food. Join us on our journey at our blog or on the Facebook fan page for The 365-Day Challenge!!!

January 7th, 2008, 02:55 PM
HeathJS28's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well...I vote Republican because of my job (Missile Defense...goverment...military based work) and income level. Democrats are notorious for not supporting the military. In fact, during the clinton years here in Huntsville, AL where I live, a lot of people were striving to just have jobs and most had to move to Atlanta or Birmingham because Clinton cut the military and government military defense contracts.

That's my main problem with Democrats....

Thanks Jessica (dettmer26) for my wonderful siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search