What do you do?

Forum: Heated Debates

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Heated Debates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 29th, 2007, 09:05 PM
Veteran
Random question of the day--What is your profession? Or what are you studying? Or are you a SAHM? Or what?

I'm an RN(nursing) student.
May 29th, 2007, 09:07 PM
glasscandie's Avatar What I make is what I am
I've been a SAHM for the past almost 2 years, and going back to college as a Psych/Humanities major in the fall. I was (pre-Julia) a Russian language major and a nanny, and toyed with the idea of becoming a nurse awhile back (too much blood).
May 29th, 2007, 09:08 PM
chlodoll
Right now I am a SAHM. I will be returning to work shortly and I do mostly office admin work.

I was actually planning on going to school for nursing before I became pregnant and all. I might still someday, I havent decided yet lol
May 29th, 2007, 09:11 PM
donomama
I am a SAHM with no plans to return to work any time soon.

I would like to point out that I am a SAHM by choice. I have my degree and worked for several years before being a SAHM.
May 29th, 2007, 09:12 PM
ahixon
I am a stay at home mom, I was in hospital administration in my previous life. Oh yeah, I wanted to add as of last month I am also a member of my towns city council, so proud, so dang proud. LOL
May 29th, 2007, 09:15 PM
*Aspen*
Quote:
Random question of the day--What is your profession? Or what are you studying? Or are you a SAHM? Or what?

I'm an RN(nursing) student.[/b]
I am a SAHM. Well, I work from home too. I have a nifty little site I go to and I can make some nice cash on the side and it's really easy.

What I am studying? Well lets see......

Aromatherapy
Herbology
Religion
Tarot
Crystals
Reiki
Meditation
Astrological Charts
Cloth Diapering

I need to add: Vaccines, Circumcision (sp)

Once dh is done with college, I will be going for Business. I want to open up my own metaphysical store.

Quote:
I am a stay at home mom, I was in hospital administration in my previous life. Oh yeah, I wanted to add as of last month I am also a member of my towns city council, so proud, so dang proud. LOL[/b]
May 29th, 2007, 09:22 PM
Tofu Bacon
I was an accountant. Now I am a SAHM, an actvist for some causes closest to my heart, and also do some sewing on the side
May 29th, 2007, 09:23 PM
donomama
Quote:
and also do some sewing on the side[/b]
Me too!!!! I sell stuff to boutiques in my area.
May 29th, 2007, 09:27 PM
*Aspen*
I love sewing....but TOTALLY suck at it.
May 29th, 2007, 09:27 PM
Veteran
Quote:
Right now I am a SAHM. I will be returning to work shortly and I do mostly office admin work.

I was actually planning on going to school for nursing before I became pregnant and all. I might still someday, I havent decided yet lol[/b]
You can do it! I got pregnant in the middle of taking generals, and it is working out somehow for me. The most challenging part is the attendance policy in nursing schools, but you can do it. Good luck.

Quote:
[/b]
Did you have a different screenname before? I'm confused.
May 29th, 2007, 09:29 PM
Caeden'sMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
i'm currently a SAHM, but not for long... i start massage therapy school in July, and hopefully in a year will be able to work doing that.
donomama
Quote:
I love sewing....but TOTALLY suck at it.[/b]

Just takes practice. If you love it and keep at it, you will eventually be great.
CJMOM209
I'm a teacher....4 more days till summer vacation!
May 29th, 2007, 09:31 PM
~Jess~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
SAHM.

May 29th, 2007, 09:34 PM
chlodoll
Quote:
Quote:

I was actually planning on going to school for nursing before I became pregnant and all. I might still someday, I havent decided yet lol[/b]
You can do it! I got pregnant in the middle of taking generals, and it is working out somehow for me. The most challenging part is the attendance policy in nursing schools, but you can do it. Good luck.
[/b]
Right now I dont have the prerequsites in Chemistry to apply for it. I could do that now but I am being lazy lol

I never intended on having children so early and I wanted to become a nurse because I was inspired by Doctor Without Borders. I wanted to goto different countries and help people. I cant do that with a family now and I dont know if working in a hospital here appeals to me. I guess I will figure it out!! Its so tough deciding what to be when I grow up hahahaha
May 29th, 2007, 09:35 PM
*Aspen*
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
[/b]
Did you have a different screenname before? I'm confused.[/b]
Yup yup, I'm Pure Innocence/Watermama06. I had it in my siggie for a while so that ppl wouldn't get confused, but I took it down after a while.
May 29th, 2007, 09:38 PM
Veteran
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

[/b]
Right now I dont have the prerequsites in Chemistry to apply for it. I could do that now but I am being lazy lol

I never intended on having children so early and I wanted to become a nurse because I was inspired by Doctor Without Borders. I wanted to goto different countries and help people. I cant do that with a family now and I dont know if working in a hospital here appeals to me. I guess I will figure it out!! Its so tough deciding what to be when I grow up hahahaha
[/b]
I'm interested in that program as well, although I know it's next to impossible with a child. Nurses work everywhere though. If hospitals don't appeal to you--you can do just about anything. School nurse, summer camp nurse, amusement park nurse, all kinds of stuff.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
[/b]
Did you have a different screenname before? I'm confused.[/b]
Yup yup, I'm Pure Innocence/Watermama06. I had it in my siggie for a while so that ppl wouldn't get confused, but I took it down after a while.
[/b]
Ok that's who I thought you were. Thanks
May 29th, 2007, 09:42 PM
CJMOM209
You guys must be gifted, I would definitely flunk nursing school...
May 30th, 2007, 05:48 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm a writer. I work full-time as a technical writer in a software company, but also do freelance work (magazine articles, resumes, whatever people will give me!) on the side.
May 30th, 2007, 05:51 AM
jodi16ss's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am a paralegal at a lawfirm and I am also going to school part-time.

Proud Mommy to Jackson (5/1/03) & Isabella (6/16/06)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search