Not a debate, just had to share

Forum: Heated Debates

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Heated Debates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 30th, 2007, 12:26 PM
Super Mommy
That I am sitting here imagining the PM's going on
May 30th, 2007, 12:29 PM
*Aspen*
LOL! From what the confessions thread? LOL!
May 30th, 2007, 12:30 PM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
Sad that it got deleted so quickly. It was started in fun and I didn't see anything wrong with. I wish when people would have a problem with something like that they would just quit reading it. It isn't hard to do.

May 30th, 2007, 12:33 PM
quietsong's Avatar Just Another Slacker Mom
I missed all the fun on the second page, I finished the first up and it was gone. Ah well. I think it's a great idea, but this is probably not the board for it.

Visit My Blog, and come join me at the JM Blogs!
Thank you Jaidynsmum for the siggy!
May 30th, 2007, 12:35 PM
donomama
It's gone? I had a doozie!!!
May 30th, 2007, 12:36 PM
Super Mommy
Lol, what's that saying, it was fun while it lasted?

We need a fun thread to lighten the mood!
May 30th, 2007, 12:45 PM
Ms.Michelle
Then start your confessions girls!

ETA: seriously I thought it was lame! I'm glad they pulled it. I thought we had trust here. Apparently I was wrong.
May 30th, 2007, 12:51 PM
donomama
Quote:
Lol, what's that saying, it was fun while it lasted?

We need a fun thread to lighten the mood![/b]

A doozie is a really big shocker! I had a good one.

Quote:

ETA: seriously I thought it was lame! I'm glad they pulled it. I thought we had trust here. Apparently I was wrong.[/b]

Ok, here it goes.... I wear housecoats. You know, the cotton nightgowns that zip or snap up the front that your grandma has? I wear them. DH is thoroughly disgusted by them and my friends have threatened to disown me. My sisters have tried to have interventions. I can't help myself. It is so comfortable to get up in the morning and put one on. I don't wear them all day, and I would never wear them out of the house, but I do wear them. I started when I was pregnant and anything around my middle drove me crazy. I actually just bought a new one today. Maybe I'll post a picture of it sometime - I look like a hot 80 year old! Oh, the shame!!!
May 30th, 2007, 12:51 PM
Cereal Killer's Avatar Aiming for mediocrity
Quote:

ETA: seriously I thought it was lame! I'm glad they pulled it. I thought we had trust here. Apparently I was wrong.[/b]
Ditto! Let's confess!

May 30th, 2007, 12:53 PM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Ok, here it goes.... I wear housecoats. You know, the cotton nightgowns that zip or snap up the front that your grandma has? I wear them. DH is thoroughly disgusted by them and my friends have threatened to disown me. My sisters have tried to have interventions. I can't help myself. It is so comfortable to get up in the morning and put one on. I don't wear them all day, and I would never wear them out of the house, but I do wear them. I started when I was pregnant and anything around my middle drove me crazy. I actually just bought a new one today. Maybe I'll post a picture of it sometime - I look like a hot 80 year old! Oh, the shame!!![/b]
OMG!!! That is all I can say!
May 30th, 2007, 12:54 PM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
Quote:

I don't think there is complete trust here and that was shown after the parenting confessions thread. People began to judge. The new thread was meant for people to say things without personally being judged and having things held against them later. I didn't see a problem with the new thread and I think if someone did should have simply just stopped reading it rather than try to have it pulled.

May 30th, 2007, 12:54 PM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Ok, here it goes.... I wear housecoats. You know, the cotton nightgowns that zip or snap up the front that your grandma has? I wear them. DH is thoroughly disgusted by them and my friends have threatened to disown me. My sisters have tried to have interventions. I can't help myself. It is so comfortable to get up in the morning and put one on. I don't wear them all day, and I would never wear them out of the house, but I do wear them. I started when I was pregnant and anything around my middle drove me crazy. I actually just bought a new one today. Maybe I'll post a picture of it sometime - I look like a hot 80 year old! Oh, the shame!!![/b]
OMG!!! That is all I can say!

LOL
May 30th, 2007, 12:57 PM
Ms.Michelle
Quote:
I don't think there is complete trust here and that was shown after the parenting confessions thread. People began to judge. The new thread was meant for people to say things without personally being judged and having things held against them later. I didn't see a problem with the new thread and I think if someone did should have simply just stopped reading it rather than try to have it pulled.[/b]
I thought the opposite when Beth confessed about the prenatals and we all rallied around her to make her feel better... but I guess that's just me.

Quote:
May 30th, 2007, 01:01 PM
Cereal Killer's Avatar Aiming for mediocrity
Quote:
Quote:
I don't think there is complete trust here and that was shown after the parenting confessions thread. People began to judge. The new thread was meant for people to say things without personally being judged and having things held against them later. I didn't see a problem with the new thread and I think if someone did should have simply just stopped reading it rather than try to have it pulled.[/b]
I thought the opposite when Beth confessed about the prenatals and we all rallied around her to make her feel better... but I guess that's just me.
[/b]
That is what I was thinking. One person opened up a thread to judge the parenting thread and, the way I saw it, everyone came to the rescue of the confessors. I was pleasantly surprised how well the parenting confessions thread was handled, even after someone tried to start a judgmental dialogue.

May 30th, 2007, 01:02 PM
Super Mommy
I also think the trust went downhill a bit after the parenting thread.

ETA: I hadn't posted on the thread, but after I saw the spin off I was glad I hadn't. It only takes one bad apple to ruin the bunch

I didn't realize so much good came out of it though. I think that's excellent.

I kind of liked the idea of the anonymous thread and was a little disappointed that it was pulled.
May 30th, 2007, 01:03 PM
Ms.Michelle
Quote:
Quote:

Ditto! Let's confess!
[/b]
We're bringing in a dog trainer this weekend to help us with Mason's fear/agression issue. We've been leashing Roxy and Mason to us for the last two weeks in order for them too see DH and I as safe, alpha leaders. I think he is scared because I don't put enough boundaries up to show him he is safe. Also I think Roxy doesn't see us as the leaders either. She is better but I'm too embarassed to see if she'll come back off leash. (I know all the beagle books say you can't ever let a beagle off leash but I see other beagles off leash. One of the other beagle owners told us they used this leash method and I've seen other shows do this too. Gawd I hope this trainer can help us with Mason.

That felt good!
May 30th, 2007, 01:04 PM
chlodoll
Maybe it was just bad timing lol
May 30th, 2007, 01:05 PM
Ms.Michelle
Quote:
I kind of liked the idea of the anonymous thread and was a little disappointed that it was pulled.[/b]
I hope Laura didn't get in trouble for it but it is against JM rules to have more than one username.
May 30th, 2007, 01:10 PM
Super Mommy
Quote:
I hope Laura didn't get in trouble for it but it is against JM rules to have more than one username[/b]

Aww, I didn't know that, guess I should read up on my rules

I hope she didn't get in trouble for it either.
May 30th, 2007, 01:11 PM
frgsonmysox's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Quote:
[/b]

I really appreciated that by the way

I guess I missed that thread... Anything juicy?! lol.
~Beth~ Wife to my Airman Chris, and mommy to: Anthony Nathaniel (8/31/04), Anastasia Fae (8/01/06), Baby C (lost on 10/12/07), David Cillian (7/31/08), Charles George (4/29/10), and Alan Christopher (2/22/12)

My BLOG - A Day In The Life of a Freg (it's a little bit of everything!)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search