Pets

Forum: Heated Debates

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Heated Debates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 30th, 2007, 06:00 PM
Veteran
Just wanted to let you who were in the other threads know that my friend's dog is doing better and that he HAD been vaccinated against parvo!! So for all of you who said it could have been easily avoided, apparently not. I guess it didn't work. Just wanted to say that.
May 30th, 2007, 06:18 PM
Cereal Killer's Avatar Aiming for mediocrity
Quote:
Just wanted to let you who were in the other threads know that my friend's dog is doing better and that he HAD been vaccinated against parvo!! So for all of you who said it could have been easily avoided, apparently not. I guess it didn't work. Just wanted to say that.[/b]
Sure he did. I am glad your friend's dog is okay, but I doubt he was vaccinated.

May 30th, 2007, 06:19 PM
*Aspen*
*crunch crunch*
May 30th, 2007, 06:38 PM
Veteran
Quote:
Quote:
Just wanted to let you who were in the other threads know that my friend's dog is doing better and that he HAD been vaccinated against parvo!! So for all of you who said it could have been easily avoided, apparently not. I guess it didn't work. Just wanted to say that.[/b]
Sure he did. I am glad your friend's dog is okay, but I doubt he was vaccinated.
[/b]
Are you kidding? I didn't even ask her about it. She just im'd me a few minutes ago and said she had good news about her extensive vet bills -- that her vet told her to save the receipts for possible reimbursement since he had been vaccinated against parvo and then contracted it.

Why would I make this up? Anger issues..
May 30th, 2007, 06:39 PM
lotus86's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
*crunch crunch*[/b]

Yum, popcorn, can I have some? I'll share my Goldfish!
May 30th, 2007, 06:43 PM
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
[/b]
Are you kidding? I didn't even ask her about it. She just im'd me a few minutes ago and said she had good news about her extensive vet bills -- that her vet told her to save the receipts for possible reimbursement since he had been vaccinated against parvo and then contracted it.

[/b]
Okay, if you say so.

May 30th, 2007, 06:43 PM
ahixon
I am glad her dog is doing better. Stacy, is there some reason that you think there is no way the dog could still get parvo after having the shot, I haven't looked in to it, but I know that with human vaccines you can still contrat the disease after you have had the shot, and I don't really see why it would be any different in dog's.
May 30th, 2007, 06:45 PM
Veteran
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(HoorahFly @ May 30 2007, 07:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotemain'>Just wanted to let you who were in the other threads know that my friend's dog is doing better and that he HAD been vaccinated against parvo!! So for all of you who said it could have been easily avoided, apparently not. I guess it didn't work. Just wanted to say that.[/b]
[/b]

[/b][/quote]
Okay, if you say so.
[/b][/quote]
You know, I just thought you all would be happy to hear he is doing better and find it interesting that he had indeed been vaccinated. I said in the threads that I didn't know if he had been.. I don't appreciate being called a liar. I have no reason to lie about this.
May 30th, 2007, 06:52 PM
*Aspen*
Maybe the person doing the vaccines lied and just put it on the dog's records? I wonder if she can sue....

That's the only thing I can think of. Other than what axhion suggested.
May 30th, 2007, 06:54 PM
Veteran
What did Ann suggest? Her vet told her to keep all the receipts, so maybe that's what he had in mind. However-human vaccines are not 100% effective, don't know if it's the same with canines.
May 30th, 2007, 06:56 PM
*Aspen*
oops, I meant aixhon
May 30th, 2007, 06:59 PM
lotus86's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm glad he's doing better, poor baby. I hope she can get to the bottom of this mess.
May 30th, 2007, 07:03 PM
Veteran
Thanks. I know she is very happy. He might get to stay in the real vets tonight. Her vet doesn't have personel there overnight, which is why he had to be in the hospital before.
May 30th, 2007, 08:35 PM
mommyKathyX3
I'm glad your friends puppy is doing better, and I dont doubt you are telling the truth. There is a possibility that someone else isnt like at the vets office, or maybe the wrong shot was given. I believe youre just repeating what you were told. Hugs!
May 30th, 2007, 08:44 PM
Show me where I called Laura a liar! Anyone? Oh, wait, that's right, I didn't.

May 30th, 2007, 08:49 PM
Veteran
What would you call it?
May 30th, 2007, 08:49 PM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
Quote:
Quote:
[/b]
If you weren't implying that she was lying than what was your point here? It sounds to me like you were implying that she was lying without actually coming right out and saying it!

May 30th, 2007, 08:52 PM
*Aspen*
Seriously people come on! Knock it off with the childishness we are ADULTS! Keep your personal issues in PMs.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search