Definition of a sl*t

Forum: Heated Debates

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Heated Debates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 1st, 2007, 11:43 AM
Gina1978's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Lets see...hhhmmmm.

Paris Hilton.

There..I think that sums it up nicely

Thank you SO much for my new siggy Julia (Julka)!

June 1st, 2007, 11:43 AM
donomama
I'm not touching this one, Cece! But I will say that I don't think the term is exclusive to women. I have known male sluts - probably more than I have known female sluts. We call them he-####.
June 1st, 2007, 11:45 AM
picklesmama's Avatar <;,><
I don't think I have ever called someone a ****, except in jest to my friends. I think it's an insult word that used to mean promiscuous, that nowadays people seem to use whether it actually applies or not if they simply don't like someones behavior, the way they dress, or the attention they get from the oposite sex. Personally I don't think a person who is sexually promiscuous is deserving of an insult, because I don't think there is anything wrong with that as long as they are not being unfaithful to anyone.

Crissy mama to Jack 7.16.01 ~ Mia Bella 10.29.02
Angus Pickle 2.24.04 ~ Sydney Bean 10.26.06 & Kater Tot 2.15.09

June 1st, 2007, 12:02 PM
tevinsangel
I think it depends on the person who uses the word. For example...the girls I went to H/S with considered a $lut, someone who had pre-marital sex. Then there were friends in college who considered a $lut, someone who slept with tons of guy or someone who slept with another's girl b/f. I actually don't use the word **** (unless I'm joking around with my dh..yeah we are weird like that lol) because I have met and have been friends with girls who have huge problems in the sex department. Two in particular slept with anything as long as it had a penis (didn't matter if he was single/married/taken) but I realized that even though what they did was wrong, they were two very messed up (emotionally) women. I have a feeling they were sexually abused as children. A $lut, IMO, does not get paid for it either...that's a prostitute.
June 1st, 2007, 12:08 PM
thepinkleprechaun's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Idk, I think it is really a term for a person who sleeps around a lot-IMO. I don't think anyone should go around having sex with different people every weekend. Sex is something for married people, or more realistically in a long term relationship, and it bothers me whether it is a woman or a man.
June 1st, 2007, 12:11 PM
chlodoll
I think a **** is someone who sleeps with alot of people for acceptance and their own esteem. They need to feel like people like them and they make them like them by having sex with them.
June 1st, 2007, 12:12 PM
Lash's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ooh I'll bite! I certainly think there is a huge massive... ginourmous [u] double standard for guys, and yes we've discussed it before, but it still to this day bugs the snot out of me!
I can't define it well, but multiple partners in a week, for weeks on end would IMO makes you a ****

June 1st, 2007, 12:35 PM
Ms.Michelle
A $lut is a term used by people who judge other people who are down on their self-eestem.
June 1st, 2007, 12:43 PM
*Aspen*
Quote:
I think a **** is someone who sleeps with alot of people for acceptance and their own esteem. They need to feel like people like them and they make them like them by having sex with them.[/b]
I'll go with this.
June 1st, 2007, 01:21 PM
chlodoll
Quote:
A $lut is a term used by people who judge other people who are down on their self-eestem.[/b]
I dont think that is always true. If I called someone a **** because they slept with a guy that I liked then it would be true. If I called someone a **** because some sleeps with people to attempt to build of their own self esteem then its not true. Calling anyone a **** is not a nice but if we are going to talk about definitions then I dont think its because someone has esteem issues themselves unless they say it in an untrue context.

I have a friend who has slept with alot of men. I think that she does it because she likes to and she likes to have sex. She isnt trying to make them like her. I wouldnt call her a **** because I dont feel she is doing it for acceptance.
June 1st, 2007, 01:33 PM
Ms.Michelle
Quote:
If I called someone a **** because some sleeps with people to attempt to build of their own self esteem then its not true. Calling anyone a **** is not a nice but if we are going to talk about definitions then I dont think its because someone has esteem issues themselves unless they say it in an untrue context.[/b]
Ahh, that's the point. Who puts it in "true" context? Someone judging does.
June 1st, 2007, 02:24 PM
Ms.Michelle
June 2nd, 2007, 10:41 AM
EmilysMommy04's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
LMFAO at the paris hilton remark so very very true lol. To me a **** is someone who sleeps around and is always looking for it no matter what. She doesnt get paid for sex a ##### gets paid for sex lol.

June 2nd, 2007, 12:17 PM
frgsonmysox's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
To me, the term "****" by ANY female towards another female is extremely wrong. As women why do we feel the need to constantly put down our own gender? That term is used to make us look like "lesser" than our male counterpart. I don't think any self-respecting female should ever use that term against any other female.
~Beth~ Wife to my Airman Chris, and mommy to: Anthony Nathaniel (8/31/04), Anastasia Fae (8/01/06), Baby C (lost on 10/12/07), David Cillian (7/31/08), Charles George (4/29/10), and Alan Christopher (2/22/12)

My BLOG - A Day In The Life of a Freg (it's a little bit of everything!)
June 2nd, 2007, 12:28 PM
Quote:
Quote:
To me, the term "****" by ANY female towards another female is extremely wrong. As women why do we feel the need to constantly put down our own gender? That term is used to make us look like "lesser" than our male counterpart. I don't think any self-respecting female should ever use that term against any other female.[/b]
What about a female to a male?
[/b]

I don't see too many women calling men sluts. I don't see too many men being called sluts at all. But if I did, I would still think it's wrong. I think it's more wrong when I see women belittling other women though, it just reaffirms in other peoples minds that we are not the stronger sex.
~Beth~ Wife to my Airman Chris, and mommy to: Anthony Nathaniel (8/31/04), Anastasia Fae (8/01/06), Baby C (lost on 10/12/07), David Cillian (7/31/08), Charles George (4/29/10), and Alan Christopher (2/22/12)

June 2nd, 2007, 03:38 PM
EmilysMommy04's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
To me, the term "****" by ANY female towards another female is extremely wrong. As women why do we feel the need to constantly put down our own gender? That term is used to make us look like "lesser" than our male counterpart. I don't think any self-respecting female should ever use that term against any other female.[/b]
[/b]

I don't see too many women calling men sluts. I don't see too many men being called sluts at all. But if I did, I would still think it's wrong. I think it's more wrong when I see women belittling other women though, it just reaffirms in other peoples minds that we are not the stronger sex.
[/b]

OI have actually been in this position. A man was saying all women are sluts. I said but so are men. No matter how you look at it a **** is a **** male or female.

June 2nd, 2007, 03:49 PM
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(frgsonmysox @ Jun 2 2007, 01:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotemain'>To me, the term "****" by ANY female towards another female is extremely wrong. As women why do we feel the need to constantly put down our own gender? That term is used to make us look like "lesser" than our male counterpart. I don't think any self-respecting female should ever use that term against any other female.[/b]
[/b]

[/b][/quote]

OI have actually been in this position. A man was saying all women are sluts. I said but so are men. No matter how you look at it a **** is a **** male or female.
[/b][/quote]

Why do you get to make that judgment though? Why do you feel it's okay to call someone else a ****?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search