George W. Bush

Forum: Heated Debates

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Heated Debates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 4th, 2007, 06:53 PM
*Aspen*
Thoughts? What are your feelings towards this man and his leadership for our country?
June 4th, 2007, 07:39 PM
glasscandie's Avatar What I make is what I am
Bush is one of the worst things, IMO, that has happened to the world, and particularly the U.S.
...the use of the ridiculous resources of a super power to satisfy the greed of ignorant friends...
...the apparent disregard of anything and anyone that isn't of personal interest t him...
...the people that surround him with their hard hearts...

But I could see how he's like me - who wouldn't get freaked out being the President of the U.S.? Who wouldn't try to surround themselves with a close group of allies? Who wouldn't have a hard time keeping their head screwed on straight with the fate of the world in their hands? In that way, I have a lot of compassion for him; he must be one of the planet's most lonely souls. Or perhaps it's pity - he's like a child, playing with toys that he doesn't understand, and he'll be remembered as the worst president in the past 100 years...
June 4th, 2007, 08:01 PM
donomama
We're totally best friends forever:

June 4th, 2007, 08:02 PM
lotus86's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Worst president we have ever had, hands down. I would love to see him be impeached, and I think he deserves it, but unfortunately his cronies in the House and Senate will never let it happen. I'm just counting down the days until I can vote in the primaries and until 1-20-09!
June 4th, 2007, 08:08 PM
rdhdtrue's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hate ( I do not use that term often) ... I would have at least an indifferent opinion if he showed intelligence at any level.
June 4th, 2007, 08:10 PM
frgsonmysox's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Bush is one of the worst things, IMO, that has happened to the world, and particularly the U.S.
...the use of the ridiculous resources of a super power to satisfy the greed of ignorant friends...
...the apparent disregard of anything and anyone that isn't of personal interest t him...

But I could see how he's like me - who wouldn't get freaked out being the President of the U.S.? Who wouldn't try to surround themselves with a close group of allies? Who wouldn't have a hard time keeping their head screwed on straight with the fate of the world in their hands? In that way, I have a lot of compassion for him; he must be one of the planet's most lonely souls. Or perhaps it's pity - he's like a child, playing with toys that he doesn't understand, and he'll be remembered as the worst president in the past 100 years...[/b]

I totally agree with this. I think he will go down in history as one of the worst presidents in the history of our country. I also think that if 911 hadn't of happened he wouldn't have been remembered at all.

*** I don't know if Courtney is against him or not, I just agree with the bolded statement.
~Beth~ Wife to my Airman Chris, and mommy to: Anthony Nathaniel (8/31/04), Anastasia Fae (8/01/06), Baby C (lost on 10/12/07), David Cillian (7/31/08), Charles George (4/29/10), and Alan Christopher (2/22/12)

My BLOG - A Day In The Life of a Freg (it's a little bit of everything!)
June 4th, 2007, 08:12 PM
picklesmama's Avatar <;,><
Quote:
he's like a child, playing with toys that he doesn't understand, and he'll be remembered as the worst president in the past 100 years...[/b]

I dislike him as the President.

Despite his philandering, I really liked Clinton

Crissy mama to Jack 7.16.01 ~ Mia Bella 10.29.02
Angus Pickle 2.24.04 ~ Sydney Bean 10.26.06 & Kater Tot 2.15.09

June 4th, 2007, 08:34 PM
kadydid
I think he is a complete tool.
June 4th, 2007, 08:41 PM
picklesmama's Avatar <;,><
Quote:
I think he is a complete tool. [/b]
Except a tool is useful

Crissy mama to Jack 7.16.01 ~ Mia Bella 10.29.02
Angus Pickle 2.24.04 ~ Sydney Bean 10.26.06 & Kater Tot 2.15.09

June 4th, 2007, 09:06 PM
glasscandie's Avatar What I make is what I am
Quote:
Quote:

But I could see how he's like me - who wouldn't get freaked out being the President of the U.S.? Who wouldn't try to surround themselves with a close group of allies? Who wouldn't have a hard time keeping their head screwed on straight with the fate of the world in their hands? In that way, I have a lot of compassion for him; he must be one of the planet's most lonely souls. Or perhaps it's pity - he's like a child, playing with toys that he doesn't understand, and he'll be remembered as the worst president in the past 100 years...[/b]

I totally agree with this. I think he will go down in history as one of the worst presidents in the history of our country. I also think that if 911 hadn't of happened he wouldn't have been remembered at all.

*** I don't know if Courtney is against him or not, I just agree with the bolded statement.
[/b]
lol Against him, I'm just trying to cultivate compassion within myself lol
June 5th, 2007, 08:28 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Used to be all for him....not I'm not so sure. I used to be convienced he had the right intentions, and was trying to do good. However, that is quickly changing. I'm looking forward to the election, so we can have a change. Mostly what has changed my mind about him is the Iraqi war [the when the heck are we ever going to leave -- this is starting to look like alternative motives- not combating terrorism]. But also his feelings towards public schools. No child left behind was the upmost stupidest things ever, I have yet to find an educator that says, "I love NCLB". All I hear is "welcome to paperwork". I wont turn this into THAT debate. But yeah, those are two things that have really started to give a negative vibe towards Bush.
June 5th, 2007, 08:46 AM
quietsong's Avatar Just Another Slacker Mom
I think Bush is strong willed and truly cares about protecting this country. Unfortunately, he's been misinformed and misguided in some areas, and he lacks focus on others. I'm really disappointed that he is involved in the immigration bill, I expected a president who has so much backbone about protecting the country from terrorists overseas to care a little more about the border. He's made his share of mistakes, but he hasn't been horrible. It's definitely coming time for a change though.

Visit My Blog, and come join me at the JM Blogs!
Thank you Jaidynsmum for the siggy!
June 5th, 2007, 08:55 AM
donomama
Quote:
I think Bush is strong willed and truly cares about protecting this country. Unfortunately, he's been misinformed and misguided in some areas, and he lacks focus on others. I'm really disappointed that he is involved in the immigration bill, I expected a president who has so much backbone about protecting the country from terrorists overseas to care a little more about the border. He's made his share of mistakes, but he hasn't been horrible. It's definitely coming time for a change though.[/b]

Ditto on every word of that!
June 5th, 2007, 08:58 AM
Ms.Michelle
Quote:
We're totally best friends forever:

[/b]
I love that pic!

Quote:
Quote:
I think he is a complete tool. [/b]
Except a tool is useful
[/b]

Quote:
I think Bush is strong willed and truly cares about protecting this country. Unfortunately, he's been misinformed and misguided in some areas, and he lacks focus on others. I'm really disappointed that he is involved in the immigration bill, I expected a president who has so much backbone about protecting the country from terrorists overseas to care a little more about the border. He's made his share of mistakes, but he hasn't been horrible. It's definitely coming time for a change though.[/b]
I'm really shocked to read this Kel. (I'm relieved.)

Quote:
Thoughts? What are your feelings towards this man and his leadership for our country?[/b]
I think he is completely charming IRL. (Not that I've personally met him, but he seems like an easy going dude you wouldn't mind having a beer with.) I have a ton of respect for him having to be the leader at the time of 9/11 because I don't wish that on any human being and he seemed like a good shoulder to cry on at the time.

Now, he is a politician. I don't think he could help himself out of a wet paper bag in the political world. I think his people, who are old-timers without forward vision, are really running their own agenda's. Mainly of George Bush senior. They have their hands in dirty oil and the only person worth respecting, Colin Powell, stepped away from those idiots. GWB is a nice guy without a brain. He is Jughead or Moose from the Archie comics.
June 5th, 2007, 09:49 AM
Quote:
Quote:
I'm really shocked to read this Kel. (I'm relieved.)
[/b]

What, you thought I was going to come in here saying he's the best president ever? Just because I don't vehemently hate him doesn't mean I'm in love with him or can't be objective.

ITA that he seems like a good guy in general to hang out with, and I have a lot of respect for how he was willing to get in among the people and be a source of support after 9/11. I don't think all presidents would have done that. Unfortunately, you can't run a country well just by being a decent, charismatic guy.

As for unintelligent... I think that's a relative statement. Compared to the average Joe on the street, I think he is intelligent. I'll bet he's a lot more intelligent than I am - heck, he graduated university, didn't he? That means he wins automatically. I just don't think he has the kind of intelligence and way of thinking that works well for being President, or even a high ranking politician. Compared to other presidents, he certainly isn't going to be winning any awards for intelligence.

I wish Colin Powell would run for president.

June 5th, 2007, 11:03 AM

June 5th, 2007, 11:58 AM
tevinsangel
I used to be a die hard Bush fan (that sounds dirty doesn't it.... )lol but I'm not so much anymore. He's a lot of talk and no "walk". Also the whole immigration thing has my political panties in a bunch. I'm not happy with him at all on that issue.
June 5th, 2007, 12:01 PM
Ms.Michelle
Dh giggles everytime someone says Bush.. I seen a shirt the other day on a guy "I love Bush" on the front and on the back "but not the president"

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search