Just wanted to say....

Forum: Heated Debates

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Heated Debates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 5th, 2007, 04:49 PM
Gina1978's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I know that on here we may not see eye to eye when it comes to certain subjects,and I just wanted to say that sometimes in my posts I find it hard to explain what I want to say...Im speaking spanish day in day out and when it comes to getting graphic and being understood in a written conversation in english,I sometimes find it really hard to make people understand what I mean without sounding rude (I sometimes read back on my own posts and think "wow,did I really write that!?" lol,so I am sorry about that).
I just wanted to make sure that no one was taking anything I say in any of my posts on here personally.
I can totally disagree with someone in a debate,but that doesnt mean I wont get along with that same person else where kwim? (I dont hold grudges and I hope no one holds them against me either:I understand we all have different points of view)
I just wanted to say that,because although I love a good debate,I really dont want to make any enemies on here I take some getting used to,but Im really not as bad as I sound in my posts lol.

Thank you SO much for my new siggy Julia (Julka)!

June 5th, 2007, 04:56 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I know we've disagreed in debates, but I've never once taken it personal. I like it when people disagree with me. It makes me truly think about why I believe what I do. I haven't been on the debate boards here very long, but in my opinion I don't think you've come across brash or rude. Passionate yes!

I think it's so key to seperate the opinion from the person. I have many friends IRL who I don't share the same views as, but it doesn't affect our friendship. Often times we share our views and agree to disagree because we know either of us won't end up changing each other's minds.
June 5th, 2007, 05:04 PM
Quote:
I don't think you've come across brash or rude. Passionate yes! [/b]
Oh yes..I am sometimes too passionate..infact,I can come across as being very pushy when it comes to something I beleive in lol.I mean no harm honestly
I also admit to having a very strange sense of humor,and I can go on about something thinking everyone sees it as funny as I do,and the person on the other end is probably totally disgusted or/and pissed at me.As I said,I take some getting used to lol.

June 5th, 2007, 05:40 PM
picklesmama's Avatar <;,><
I have not found you rude. Outspoken, yes. But I don't consider that a bad thing

Crissy mama to Jack 7.16.01 ~ Mia Bella 10.29.02
Angus Pickle 2.24.04 ~ Sydney Bean 10.26.06 & Kater Tot 2.15.09

June 5th, 2007, 06:42 PM
lotus86's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ditto, I haven't ever had a problem with you, Gina
June 5th, 2007, 08:19 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Aww shucks...I'm sensing a Kumbaya hug for all of us in our future!
June 5th, 2007, 08:22 PM
donomama
Don't worry, Gina. On the debate boards, I'm always strongly disagreeing with someone one day, and then agreeing with them the next. It's just the way things go around here.
June 6th, 2007, 01:18 AM
Quote:
Aww shucks...I'm sensing a Kumbaya hug for all of us in our future! [/b]

June 6th, 2007, 03:41 PM
Ms.Michelle
Girl I completely understand what you mean when you said you can re-read a post and think "did I write that?" It seems so harsh. I do that all the time and I hate it when it's not as respectful I mean it. (Just want you to know you're not alone there.) I just wish I could say it's a lost in translation issue!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search