Paris going BACK to Jail!!!

Forum: Heated Debates

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Heated Debates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 8th, 2007, 12:51 PM
*Aspen*
wdyt?

eta: apparently she screamed and cried for 'mom'. What is your mommy going to do Paris? You are an adult. Oh wait, I guess that's the whole point of this.......being responsible for yourself.
June 8th, 2007, 01:33 PM
kadydid
She is spoiled but I feel sorry for her in some way, but not enough that she shouldn't have to face jail time. I would feel sorry for ANYONE in her situation.
She is not better than anyone else IMO and she should have to pay the price just like anyone. I am glad they sent her back.
June 8th, 2007, 01:37 PM
asianmama
i am so f***ing glad she is going back to jail. she needs to learn a lesson. i couldnt belive she was released after only 3 days in the first place...
June 8th, 2007, 01:39 PM
Veteran
I'm glad. It hopefully will invoke a change in her behavior.
June 8th, 2007, 01:47 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm SO glad she is going back. It boils my blood to read the articles of people saying she shouldn't be in there! Uh - yeah she f***ed up now she needs to do the time. She's no better than anyone else in the court system so she needs to learn to suck it up and get over it. Yelling mommy won't help her.
This really griped my goat when I heard she was let go
June 8th, 2007, 01:53 PM
irishxrose
GOOD!

She needs to take some personal responsibility for her reckless and stupid behavior!
June 8th, 2007, 02:23 PM
*Leslie*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
I'm SO glad she is going back. It boils my blood to read the articles of people saying she shouldn't be in there! Uh - yeah she f***ed up now she needs to do the time. She's no better than anyone else in the court system so she needs to learn to suck it up and get over it. Yelling mommy won't help her.
This really griped my goat when I heard she was let go [/b]
and noone else is better than her, so why do we have tons of convicted dunk drivers on the road after a handful of charges? When we start putting all people who did the same thing as Paris in jail then I will start advocating for her jail time. Until then I will stand by my opinion that they are trying to make a media circus out of the entire thing and gain publicity for our severely lacking justice system.
ETA: them letting her go in the first place after only 3 days just adds to the drama they are trying to create...who doesn't check to see if they have the authority to do such a thing, especially before doing it so publicly.... it's all a flipping joke!!!!

<3 August 1st, 2013
<3 November 21st, 2013
<3 October, 19th 2014

June 8th, 2007, 03:00 PM
donomama
Does the fact that this fills me with glee make me a bad person? All I know is that this picture is priceless:

June 8th, 2007, 03:32 PM
LaceyMommy2B
Quote:
Does the fact that this fills me with glee make me a bad person? All I know is that this picture is priceless:

[/b]
it fills me with glee as well.. " Mooommmmmmyyyyyyy!!!!"
ohh im in a bad mood today.
June 8th, 2007, 03:41 PM
KarateMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm glad she's going back, not because I believe that she deserves to be treated worse than anyone else, but just because I believe she should have to serve her sentence as it was handed down. The fact that she went in with such a "brave face" and all her talk about how she was scared but staying strong tells me that she thought from the beginning that she wasn't going to stay there for long...she expected to be released, just as she was! It really makes me wonder what kind of kickbacks the sherriff who released her got!
Her reaction today shows that she's completely shocked and surprised that she's being treated like "the little folk"!

You're never fully dressed without a SMILE!!

June 8th, 2007, 03:45 PM
Ms.Michelle
Quote:

[/b]
Oh.. I think I needed that!

Seriously, I want to understand... There is some sort of conflict between the DA/Judge/Sheriff. Can anyone explain this to me?
June 8th, 2007, 04:15 PM
Tofu Bacon
Quote:
and noone else is better than her, so why do we have tons of convicted dunk drivers on the road after a handful of charges? When we start putting all people who did the same thing as Paris in jail then I will start advocating for her jail time. Until then I will stand by my opinion that they are trying to make a media circus out of the entire thing and gain publicity for our severely lacking justice system.
ETA: them letting her go in the first place after only 3 days just adds to the drama they are trying to create...who doesn't check to see if they have the authority to do such a thing, especially before doing it so publicly.... it's all a flipping joke!!!![/b]
I'm agreeing with this. Would the ruling have been overturned for your average Josephine in the same set of circumstances? Probably not. While I understand the positives in making an example out of her...this is the same system that will have a wife-beater booked, processed and out by dinnertime or let a child molester go free because he wasn't read his Miranda Rights. I don't think she should have been let out early in the first place, but to bring her back in again...I'm not sure I agree with it.
June 8th, 2007, 05:48 PM
kadydid
^Who are all the people who are in these over crowded jails then?
June 8th, 2007, 07:44 PM
Marissa's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Good. She shouldn't get special treatment because of a "medical condition" the other inmates don't so why should she? And spending 40 days in her mansion isn't the best way to actually get through to her that she broke the law.

I'm glad she has to go back to jail. I don't feel sorry for her, i don't like her.
June 8th, 2007, 08:17 PM
rdhdtrue's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It was amazing to me how much media coverage she received. I think all the main news networks was talking only about her all day.
June 8th, 2007, 08:56 PM
*kyle*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Regardless of her controversial celebrity, she drove drunk and violated probation which shows she has no respect for the law and no respect for other human life. She endangered people and needs to do the time. No amount of daddy's money is going to buy back the life of the next person she runs into with her Escalade.

And I don't think it has anything to do with how other DUI's or crimes are handled, because breaking the law is not relative, it's absolute. The justice system is flawed, but that doesn't change how any one individual case should be handled.

June 8th, 2007, 09:04 PM
*Aspen*
Quote:
It was amazing to me how much media coverage she received. I think all the main news networks was talking only about her all day.[/b]
Yup, my bil told me "hey Robin Williams died".....I was like WHAT?!?! I haven't heard anything on the news, it's just about Paris. And then I was worried...I was like "is she THAT important (no) that a celebrities death can't even be MENTIONED?!?!".......it wasn't true though. He's well and alive
June 8th, 2007, 10:29 PM
LaceyMommy2B
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
It was amazing to me how much media coverage she received. I think all the main news networks was talking only about her all day.[/b]
Yup, my bil told me "hey Robin Williams died".....I was like WHAT?!?! I haven't heard anything on the news, it's just about Paris. And then I was worried...I was like "is she THAT important (no) that a celebrities death can't even be MENTIONED?!?!".......it wasn't true though. He's well and alive
[/b]
Girl, my heart dropped to my stomach for a second there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't scare me like that! I love Robin Williams!!

Whew. I am so glad that I didn't stop reading your post; I was about to cry and look up what happened!
[/b]
me too... i was getting choked up for about 2 sec there!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search