When your husband is not around.......

Forum: Heated Debates

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Heated Debates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 9th, 2007, 04:51 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Do you do anything different when your husband is not around? Such as if he is gone on a fishing trip with his buddies for the weekend or away on business for a few weeks, or deployed, or whatever.

Like, do you watch certain tv shows that he doesn't like? Do you shop more? Do you slack off a bit with the housework? Do you eat stuff that he doesn't normally like you to cook? Do you still put on full makeup and do your hair every day even if he is not going to be there to see you? Etc.

June 9th, 2007, 05:10 PM
Veteran
Yes, I am different. I do more things with friends, go out more, shop more--whereas when he is home, I try to spend most of my time with him. I clean more, because when he's home it just seems so hopeless to bother with the messes he makes. I pig out more. I diet more. I do a lot of things differently.
June 9th, 2007, 05:10 PM
Aeterna's Avatar Super Speshil
DH has been gone for a week now and will return sometime last next week. I cook much less, that's really about it.
G 12.04 | E 11.06 | D 11.08 | H 12.09 | R 11.14 | Expecting #6 2.17.18.

June 9th, 2007, 05:12 PM
Veteran
^That too. I cook a lot less.
June 9th, 2007, 05:15 PM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
DH travels for work and is gone an average of 25 days out of the month. If anything, I am more on top of our daily routines when he is gone. We eat much more simply- usually vegetarian meals- when he is gone. We do more shopping when he is home than when he is gone. He's been working on the road for almost a year now, and things are evening out as we get used to it.

Robert: 20 Raechel: 18 Daniel: 15 Joseph: 13 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 7 Lucy Marie: 5 John Anthony: 2 AND Baby due Dec. 2015

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w); Francis (7-4-12 @12w); Charlie (1-19-15 @ 6w)

Congratulations Raechel and Kaleb, married May, 2015

June 9th, 2007, 05:17 PM
quietsong's Avatar Just Another Slacker Mom
I definitely cook less - since at this point I'm still cooking just for me if he's gone, I see no need to go crazy cooking. I also do watch different TV shows, since I have full control of the TV and am not sharing

Visit My Blog, and come join me at the JM Blogs!
Thank you Jaidynsmum for the siggy!
June 9th, 2007, 05:22 PM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
I just remembered another big difference- when he is gone I am on the computer a LOT more. And I go to bed earlier except when I'm on JM half the night.

Robert: 20 Raechel: 18 Daniel: 15 Joseph: 13 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 7 Lucy Marie: 5 John Anthony: 2 AND Baby due Dec. 2015

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w); Francis (7-4-12 @12w); Charlie (1-19-15 @ 6w)

Congratulations Raechel and Kaleb, married May, 2015

June 9th, 2007, 05:24 PM
lorilori's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My husband and I are rarely apart but when he is away (like today), I eat HORRIBLY! I have been eating fast food and junk all day long.
June 9th, 2007, 06:00 PM
glasscandie's Avatar What I make is what I am
I usually go to bed a lot earlier when he's gone lol Nothing to do!
June 9th, 2007, 06:02 PM
Veteran
Wanted to add that I spend more quality time with my daughter. I don't have two people to split my time with, and she gets babied a bit more while he's gone. Only 2 months left!!! WoooooFrigginHoooo!!
June 9th, 2007, 06:13 PM
*Aspen*
Quote:
Do you do anything different when your husband is not around? Such as if he is gone on a fishing trip with his buddies for the weekend or away on business for a few weeks, or deployed, or whatever.

Like, do you watch certain tv shows that he doesn't like? Do you shop more? Do you slack off a bit with the housework? Do you eat stuff that he doesn't normally like you to cook? Do you still put on full makeup and do your hair every day even if he is not going to be there to see you? Etc.[/b]
I don't know. My husband and I haven't ever really been apart. I don't like going out without him because...well, it's just not fun. LOL! I act the same though.... I'm the same person whether he is there or not.
June 9th, 2007, 08:02 PM
chlodoll
When DH is away on business I have my Mom stay with me so I get a bit of a break which is nice!! I might go out with friends for dinner or something aswell.
June 9th, 2007, 09:19 PM
frgsonmysox's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
When Chris is gone, I get a lot more anal about cleaning. I have to, I have to be extremely organized or else my house will fall apart. Its so much easier to keep a house clean, than it is to clean it.
~Beth~ Wife to my Airman Chris, and mommy to: Anthony Nathaniel (8/31/04), Anastasia Fae (8/01/06), Baby C (lost on 10/12/07), David Cillian (7/31/08), Charles George (4/29/10), and Alan Christopher (2/22/12)

My BLOG - A Day In The Life of a Freg (it's a little bit of everything!)
June 10th, 2007, 12:13 AM
picklesmama's Avatar <;,><
I do the dishes after the kids go to bed instead of right after dinner. That's because when he is home he gives the kids a bath and gets them ready for bed while I do the dishes, when he's away I do the bath routine and do the dishes later. I have more housework to do when he's not home because he does most of it when he's around, big stuff anyways like vacuuming steam cleaning and the bathrooms (I hate the smell of the cleaners and scrubbing makes my wrist hurt). There is less laundry since he isn't there making so many wet towels, he showers at least once daily and uses a fresh towel each time. At least he does his own laundry cuz I don't like stinky gym clothes and the smell of the hangar, so that doesn't change. Pretty much just have more cleaning to do, after the kids go to bed.

I wear lipstrick and mascara if I am leaving the house whether he is there or not. Oh, I shave less.

Crissy mama to Jack 7.16.01 ~ Mia Bella 10.29.02
Angus Pickle 2.24.04 ~ Sydney Bean 10.26.06 & Kater Tot 2.15.09

June 10th, 2007, 11:57 AM
rdhdtrue's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It is heaven!!! He is sooooo overprotective with Dani it drives me nuts!!!! She is also his first so I try to keep that in the equation. It has its ups and downs. I have 3 kids to manage all by myself but it could be more relaxing on the rules and such.

I do not necessarily watch anything different unless there is a really good musical on TV and I would never turn it on with him home. He would nag me all the way through it.
June 10th, 2007, 06:40 PM
donomama
When DH is gone, we eat a lot more fast food. He is travelling a lot more these days, so I need to stop that one! I also clean a lot less. I usually do my last cleaning of the day right before he gets home, but when he's not coming home, I don't see the point.
June 10th, 2007, 09:07 PM
Marissa's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
When my SO goes on fishing trips with his friends, i slack off on the housework, lounge around all day in my jammies and eat lots of junk food and watch all the shows he usually doesn't like to watch Its the only time i can really do that.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search