Log In Sign Up

Don't know if this qualifies

Forum: Learning Disabilities and Special Education


Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Learning Disabilities and Special Education LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 28th, 2009, 06:25 PM
Go Green!
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Kansas
Posts: 75
My oldest has gone to speech since the year before kindergarten. She is in second grade now and is doing well. But now my youngest daughter is showing the same speech problems. Now my oldest had a hard time in kindergarten and first grade making friends and I just don't want my youngest to go thru the same thing. Does anyone know of a program that starts at age 3 to help with speech?
Reply With Quote
July 18th, 2009, 08:48 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 3,323
Depends on the state in which you live. There are federally mandated birth to three programs in every state and then at age three, kids are seen through early intervention services. Once they hit school age they become school district responsibilities. In PA, I know the birth to three and early intervention services are run by intermediate units (each county in PA has one). I'm not sure who you would contact in your state but your local school district can tell you.

February, 2005
August, 2005
Reply With Quote
July 20th, 2009, 10:01 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 1,430
Call your local school district special education department and ask them! Hope you find some help!
Reply With Quote
August 3rd, 2009, 10:10 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 8,671
technically if there are special needs, the child becomes the school districts responsibility at age 3. Call you school and ask for an eval

My Blog
Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:12 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0