Ultra sound today!

Forum: VBAC: Vaginal Birth After a Caesarean

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To VBAC: Vaginal Birth After a Caesarean LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 24th, 2010, 03:53 PM
Veteran
Well I had my 35 week ultra sound today! Everything went fantastic! The lady was really funny, first thing she asked me was "What are you having so I do not throw you any surprises", I said "I'm having a girl, can you double check that?!" LOL Thankfully my little girl had her legs wide open and then the ultra sound lady goes "I sure do hope you bought all pink!!". Best words I have ever heard! Anyways, she is head down, her head is about where my c-section scar is. She said she weighed around 5 lbs but give or take a pound, she was pretty clear to explain that these are just "best educated" guess.

One thing I thought was neat, when she went to put the warm jell stuff on my stomach, she saw my c-section scar and right away said "So when is your c-section scheduled?" and I said "Actually I am going to try for a Vback" and then said went on to say how neat that is.

Anyways, just something I thought I would share. I have my next appointment this Wednesday with the doctor. Does anyone know if they start doing exams to see if you are dilated at 35 weeks? I can't remember with my son.
May 24th, 2010, 04:39 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to WendyBird Send a message via Yahoo to WendyBird
That is great! And what a fun ultrasonographer!

I don't remember when the start doing exams. My last midwife didn't do them, as she felt there was no point.

My Ovulation Chart
May 24th, 2010, 05:34 PM
NutMeg76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am glad the US went well.

I don't know about exams, I didn't allow them untilI was 38 weeks. If I am pregnant again I won't allow them unless I want them once labor starts. They are painful and increase the risk of infection, so I see no need to do them.

When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7
Sail Back to Me
May 24th, 2010, 06:50 PM
The Purple Butterfly's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sounds like a nice u/s!! I would stay away from any exams. It really has no benefit.

May 24th, 2010, 08:56 PM
Veteran
ya, I just liked it when I was prego with my son because I knew labor wasn't too far off. Guess merely for my excitement lol. My doctor is pretty cool about that, meaning if I do not want one he wont do it (before labor). He is also some "what" laid back meaning he could do an exam, I could be 2cm and he would say that's normal but he wouldn't do anything (because he will not induce me at all). Not to mention I am only 35 wks so it's still to early!
May 24th, 2010, 09:55 PM
Jaci's Avatar I AM a Doula :)
I allowed my doctor to check me at 36 weeks when I had my GBS swab but you don't have to let the doctor do anything. It's your hoohah!

Just remember that some women can walk around at 4cm for weeks and others can be closed up tight and go into labor a few hours later, it really doesn't tell you when labor will start. I was only a fingertip dilated until the very end, I didn't dilate at all until labor started.

Thanks to *Kiliki* for my siggie!

Our Family Blog
May 25th, 2010, 11:13 PM
Veteran
ya tell me about it! I'm just really excited to have this baby She already has dropped down a bit, I wouldn't say all the way but I am starting to feel the pressure from her head already.
May 26th, 2010, 08:01 PM
Veteran
Had my weekly check up today. Everything is going great and smooth! Found out my doc. does not check for dilation until 38 weeks prego which makes since. I asked him what was the earliest week he would let my labor happen with out stopping it (premature), he said anything 36 weeks or later is just fine. Maybe I will go into labor next week (Hahahaha I can dream can't I? lol)? I'm just being silly.

I am meeting my doula in person for the first time this Friday (we have been talking over the phone up till now)!! I am extremely excited and can't wait for Friday to get here! She will go over labor and how to deal with it, has a cool article about Vbacks she wants me to read and come up with a birth plan. My mom will attend (and hubby of course) so she will know what to expect.
May 26th, 2010, 11:17 PM
Jaci's Avatar I AM a Doula :)
yay! sounds like a good update. I'm glad you got a supportive doula. I want to be a doula

Thanks to *Kiliki* for my siggie!

Our Family Blog
May 28th, 2010, 07:19 PM
Veteran
Thanks! She will be here in less than an hour! My three year old keeps asking when she is coming lol.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search