Log In Sign Up

De facto ban? Choosing between midwife and ob.. Help!!

Forum: VBAC: Vaginal Birth After a Caesarean


Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To VBAC: Vaginal Birth After a Caesarean LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 21st, 2013, 10:42 PM
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 2
Although I'm not preggo again, I'm getting a head start on choosing a new doc/midwife for my care that would maximize my success of a vbac. I live in Florida, which is already an impediment. Here goes...

I've narrowed it down to an ob that delivers at st lukes in jax who I've read is vbac friendly, and she'll let you go to 41 weeks (so I've read) Cons: she far (45 minutes), the office has now rescheduled with me for the 3rd time (my appointment was originally in January and now it's late April. St Lukes from what I've read has a 'timeline' that you have to sign to deliver there that basically says: if you don't progress at xyz you will have interventions, no birthing balls.. Etc. I'm so upset at the hassle and delay at the ob's office at this point I'm close to just canceling... But I've heard she's the natural birth/vbac doctor of jacksonville.

my second option: a midwife at flagler hospital in St Augustine. Pros: midwives should produce a better result. Flagler Hospital (although I dislike the hospital itself, supposedly is good for l&d. They allow birthing balls etc. Cons: I saw on ican there is a de facto vbac ban. I called the midwife, and I learned that I'd be transferred to their doc to see if I'm cleared to vbac. So, I made a consultation appointment for next week... I'm really anxious.

What exactly is a de facto ban? How do I go about deciding between the two? I'm torn between the doc everyone recommends, and the midwife that has had vbacs herself. Help!
Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:00 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0