A GTKY question

Forum: Secondary Fertility Issues

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Secondary Fertility Issues LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 25th, 2008, 10:09 AM
MountainMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How many other children do the rest of you have? how long did it take you to get pregnant with them?

I have a 10 year old DD. She was unplanned. Not an accident, just unplanned. We were actually using protection at the time so she was definitely meant to be. After she was born I did BC for a year and then 2 years of not trying/not preventing before my DS was conceived. There also wasn't alot of BDing though because my ex was gone for days at a time with his work and then would only be home 8 - 12 hours before he left again. Alot of times we just completely missed the chance I think.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my new siggy!

Click on my blinkies to tour some of my favorite boards!
March 25th, 2008, 03:41 PM
Veteran
I have 1 son. I got pregnant with him my 2nd cycle after coming off birth control. It happened so quickly last time that it makes it really hard to understand why I don't ovulate now!
TTC# 2 since 2006

March 26th, 2008, 06:19 AM
MountainMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It's definitely frustrating. I didn't have to try before, and now when I decide to plan a baby my body goes on strike or something! We actually had thought that it was an issue with DH, but now it's looking like maybe I have low progesterone or something. My LP has nearly disappeared on me. hopefully we'll be able to get an appointment somewhere quickly and get the answers we need though. The stress of TTC for so long is starting to really have a big affect on both of us.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my new siggy!

Click on my blinkies to tour some of my favorite boards!
March 26th, 2008, 09:33 AM
Married at 19 (1992) went off pill
Pregnant at 20 (1994)
Delivery at 21(1995)
Many problems with bleeding from birth till 1998 Longer story though.

Finally found a dr. who would help me and by middle of 1998 was ok and on a bc that worked for me, my divorce to my 1st husband was almost final, left my parents and moved in with my boyfriend with my son.

Decided to get married in 2000 so end of 1999 went off pill
Married 26 (2000) I was almost 27
November 2000 had flu that triggered my Graves Disease so show it's ugly head by Feb 2001.

Realized that the Graves was causing my fertility issues
Went to RE who was a jerk and made us wait for a long time...IN between that I went on meds to get Graves under control and it worked sooner than we thought...

Told RE to go pee in a hat and found another RE who immediately started testing me and dh 2002

Tried Clomid with just babydancing and nothing happened.
April 2002 tried Clomid with IUI and got pregnant
son 2003

Was told better try for another soon because It might take me a long time to get pg again.
So son was 5months old when we started to try again with the RE by 6 months I was pregnant again with a girl born 2004

Probelms with thyroid again and again back in remission for 7months on my own with no meds and wound up pregnant without trying since we thought I was infertile on my own. Baby girl born 2006

I don't believe in birth contol pills and havent been on them since 1999 but not sure about going on them, I dont want my cycles screwed up anymore than they are but my cycles are so screwed up that I might need them due to cysts. Natural family planning has been ok so far so I dont get pregnant but it's a pain in the butt and gets in the way. But I dont want to go to BC just becasue I'm lazy. I am havig serious issues with this.

We would like one more but have no clue how long it will take at this point. With my thyroid issues although I am in remission. I still consider myself to have 2nd ary infertiliy as this will always effect me.

Its been quite a road but I am lucky, some on here havent had a baby at all. So I do appreciate what I have and never take that for granted.

GOod luck to anyone trying!!!!!
March 28th, 2008, 05:50 PM
LadyBelle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have 5....The 1st 3 were easy.After #3 I had cancer and was told no more babies,but 4 yrs later I had my son.Dh had a vasectomy after him and 7 yrs later God blessed us with #5.Dhs vas. regrew spontaniously.We have been ttc almost a year now.
March 29th, 2008, 03:46 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I got pg with Nolan after 21 months off bcp, 2nd Clomid cycle

Lucky mother to five!

March 30th, 2008, 07:10 PM
*Bobbie*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have two kids. I got PG at 15 with my son....so no *trying* there.

With my daughter I was 20 and it took one cycle.

I divorced their dad when I was 26.... met Dave shortly after and started TTC that year. I had no luck at all until last year in Jan. 07 when I saw my first BFP. I have gotten two more BFP's and think I may have gotten another one today. I am now 33 and feeling like this is never going to happen.

Time will tell

On 1/31/12 at exactly 16 weeks pregnant Noah came too soon.
If you would like to see pictures of my sweet (but tiny) boy they can be viewed at www.caringbridge.org/visit/noahdarrohn they aren't the easiest pictures to look at but I am willing to share them with anyone who would like to see them <3
On August 2, 2012 we lost Sarah at 17 weeks. Her pictures can be viewed at http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/sarahdarrohn
There is no known explanation for my losses.

April 2nd, 2008, 01:03 AM
Platinum Supermommy
We have one son and it took us 5 cycles to get pregnant with him. We're not sure what the problem is this time. We've been trying for about a year and a half. We had a chemical pregnancy our third cycle of TTC #2, but haven't had any BFPs since then. That one was right after Christmas 2006. I was of course upset about the chemical pregnancy, but took it to be a good sign that I at least got pregnant so soon. I figured that meant I would be able to get another BFP soon. Ha.

I was 26 when I got pregnant with #1, and am 29 now.

It's funny how 5 cycles seemed like SUCH a long time when we were TTC #1, but now I look back and think, "That was nothing!"

April 2nd, 2008, 06:00 PM
Delekatala's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have one son, he was conceieved on some freaky one night stand while I was a vagabond teenager homeless and doing nothing with my life, LOL. But boy did I need that, nothing makes you straighten out like a kid. He does not know his father (been in prison for years, long story), and my husband has raised him as long as he has known.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search