I am so stinkin mad!

Forum: Military Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Military Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 29th, 2007, 02:27 PM
klfc28
UGH!!!!

I know this probably should be posted in the student mommies - but I know all you ladies better and am more comfortable talking with you!

I am taking online classes and have get federal student loans to pay for it. Not happy bout that but what can you do? I need something to keep me busy while I am not working!

I started in August, I filled out my FAFSA (its the application for federal aid), got that approved and knew I wouldn't get a Pell Grant (free money) because we made too much in 2005 (they use the previous years tax info to calculate your application). So no big deal, right?

The federal aid runs from July 1st - June 30th every year. So I just filled out my renewal for the upcoming year since my mom just did our 2006 taxes.

I did not work at all in 2006. We made so little that we are getting every penny we paid in taxes back! And the stupid federal aid said I didn't qualify for a Pell Grant!!!! ***!!!! ***!!!!! I got a Pell Grant years ago when I first when to school and my parents had made more then we did last year! SO WHAT IS UP WITH THAT????!!!!!!!

UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!

If my flippin friend gets a Pell Grant I am gonna loose it!!!! Thanks for the vent!
January 29th, 2007, 02:56 PM
*KeLLy*
What!!!!

I would talk to somebody else on campus. I qualified for it when I was in college and thats the way I put myself thru college ! It doesn't sound right, if your w/in the bracket then you should qualify... I would talk to somebody else if I was you. Also have you applied for the good grade uhh grant.. I forget its like SLJC or something like that.. but that also gives you more money the better your grades are.
January 29th, 2007, 02:58 PM
pjcherry's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to pjcherry Send a message via MSN to pjcherry Send a message via Yahoo to pjcherry
January 29th, 2007, 07:11 PM
LaceyMommy2B
um .. i say go b* tch about it. i got it when i was in school.. then my sis got denied.. sher hubby made WAY less than my parents did.. ***?? my sis started crying cause it was like 2days til school started.. i went in the office n pitched a FIT n demanded to know how in the hell that was possible... they said she just didnt qualify. they didnt know that my uncles GF was the head of the financial office, so i marched in her office n showed it to her n she CHEWED THEM OUT.. cause they were just plain wrong. my sis got approved after that.

so i say, go to the financial office of the school n complain..

unless it was the actual fafsa ppl that said it.. then scratch all that, and in that case, maybe they changed it. last year i was in college they were talking about making it harder to get it, but i really dont know.
January 29th, 2007, 07:56 PM
Platinum Supermommy
How frustrating! I hope you get it all worked out

January 29th, 2007, 08:12 PM
klfc28
Yeah it was the FAFSA people that denied me.

I sent an email to my financial aid contact at my school, asking her to explain it all and why I would have been denied.
January 29th, 2007, 09:10 PM
*KeLLy*
I would if I was you. That isn't right you should have been approved!! Hopefully they'll see their wrong and fix it!
January 29th, 2007, 09:26 PM
klfc28
I am hoping that it might change when I change my tax file status from "will file" to "filed" on my application.

Thats what pay rank we are at, and I submitted the request pretty early so there should still be money left to give out to people....
January 31st, 2007, 10:11 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry! What rank is your dh? Mine is an E4 and I did get a pell grant. I think they might have taken into account that we have two children though. It only covers a portion though..I still had to get loans. Maker sure you look around for scholarships - there are lots out there for military dependents.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search