Does anyone CURRENTLY live in Norfolk????

Forum: Military Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Military Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 1st, 2007, 09:20 AM
Mommy2twogirls
I need to find an apartment. I want to be sure it's in a good area. Dh doesn't mind a long drive as long as his family is safe. We also need something that has a short term lease... since we are on the list for base housing.

We want at least a 2 bedroom. We are looking at spending less than $1000 a month. We are trying to save up some money because we are having to rent out our *new* home... thanks to the Navy - long story. We have to save up a couple of house payments, just in case.

Can anyone help me????
February 1st, 2007, 11:12 AM
*KeLLy*
Quote:
having to rent out our *new* home... thanks to the Navy[/b]
Same thing happened to me thats why I tell everybody not to buy a house until your completely finished your service duties bc a lot of people wind up getting stuck with property managers and renters. Its a big huge headache.

I don't live in VA, but I do understand what its like to be stuck with a house and paying for one that ur not living in.
February 1st, 2007, 11:18 AM
pjcherry's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to pjcherry Send a message via MSN to pjcherry Send a message via Yahoo to pjcherry
i live in norfolk and in houseing
February 1st, 2007, 11:33 AM
Mommy2twogirls
Quote:
i live in norfolk and in houseing[/b]

Okay, first question... how long have you lived in housing and how long did it take you to get into housing??

Second question, if I have to go into an apartment.. can you suggest any, or an area to look in?

Thanks!

Quote:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE
Quote:
having to rent out our *new* home... thanks to the Navy[/b]
Same thing happened to me thats why I tell everybody not to buy a house until your completely finished your service duties bc a lot of people wind up getting stuck with property managers and renters. Its a big huge headache.

I don't live in VA, but I do understand what its like to be stuck with a house and paying for one that ur not living in.
[/b][/quote]

Yeah, well.... we weren't going to even BUY one except they told us we would definitely be able to stay here... (this is our home.. where we are from..) Well, while Dh was in DC running the Marine Corps Marathon, they GAVE his orders to someone else and just GAVE us whatever was leftover . So, that's how we got Norfolk...

That's just the short version.. there was alot more drama involved.

IDK, the idea of going to Norfolk has grown on me.. I'm still mad though..
February 1st, 2007, 12:05 PM
Send a message via AIM to pjcherry Send a message via MSN to pjcherry Send a message via Yahoo to pjcherry
Quote:
Quote:
i live in norfolk and in houseing[/b]

Okay, first question... how long have you lived in housing and how long did it take you to get into housing??

Second question, if I have to go into an apartment.. can you suggest any, or an area to look in?

Thanks!
[/b]
we have been in houseing since a week before chistmas, it to us a few months but if you call the houseing and talk to them and lincoln and tell them when you are moving they can tell you if and when they have a house open. depends on where you want to get houseing, they can tell you what is open, if you are not too pickey where houseing is you can get in real quick.

there are a lot of diffrents aparments around, if you look on line and find any i might be able to tell you about it.
February 1st, 2007, 12:22 PM
Mommy2twogirls
Thanks! We already have our names registered. (they cannot "put" us on the list until we are checked out here) .

I will be looking online for some apartments.. do you mind if I PM you with some??
February 1st, 2007, 12:27 PM
that is how they where with up you have to check out and if you get a house with them you have to check in with in 6 day of getting the keys

no go right ahead
February 1st, 2007, 06:06 PM
*KeLLy*
Man that sucks!!!!! I am so sorry at least with ur home you'll always have it to come back to since its in your home residence. We got stuck with one in Alabama.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search